main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Star Wars the Clone Wars: Dark Disciple (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Nov 30, 2014.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    So i finally read it and All I have to say is

Vos Should have died and there were some scenes I really could have gone without.

Still a much better book then I thought.

7/10

2. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    anakinfansince1983 I just started the audiobook, almost 3 hrs in. (8 more to go...) What do you think about the JC's role in this? And how they view Ventress?

I will say, one thing I really liked was OW and Vos talking in the cafeteria. Reminds me of Dark Rendezvous, minus a droid identifying Yoda's meal as garbage. Classic.

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I did a blow-by-blow three chapters at a time in the Lit forum and have forgotten much of it since then, or my mind has blocked it like a traumatic bad memory.

But if that is the conversation in which Vos says he'll have Ventress eating out of his hand, and Obi-Wan says ROTFLMAO "With the Force all things are possible--except that"--yeah, I enjoyed it.

As far as the Council, written as blind or trollish as they needed to be in order to fit the plot of the arc. But I thought plotting to assassinate Dooku was a lot more efficient than debating how to get rid of Dooku and remain principled.

henryj95 and Sinrebirth like this.
  4. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    I'll be honest. I put the Lit thread on watch just prior to release, and haven't been back since. Lit kinda scares me.[face_nail_biting]
    It made me chuckle, too. One thing bothered me, and I haven't figured out why. It was the way Obi-Wan described her. None of it was false, of course, but is she really that predictable? Actually, one other thing bothered me. Its written as if Ventress sees families everywhere. And then you add in Vos's glistening muscles, and suddenly her ovaries (or the equivalent) are on fire.
    Knowingly behaving contrary to what they claim to be, even Yoda! What is this crap? And the price is Ventress? No thanks.

I'm dying to know what was going on in Anakin's mind, when he turned away during their plotting.

I'm warmed that Obi-Wan voiced his opposition. From what I've heard, they've remained true to his character, or at least his TCW characterization...so far. I think I read a speech of his from the denouement. Sounded like he was calling out the JC.

5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Funny, they say the same thing about us. :p

I've yet to read this, but AF's play-by-play will probably end up being a better experience than the book itself.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  6. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I didn't so much mind Ventress longing for family bonds after losing every family she had, but the sappy-romance on-fire ovaries--for Quinlan Vos--was just monumentally ****ing stupid.

7. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    TV's scared of Lit, Lit's scared of TV, and everybody's scared of JCC? :D

8. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Seems they flipped Kenobi out for Vos in the end. But they retained some of the latent feelings between Kenobi and Ventress(even throughout the TCW run).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

panki likes this.
  9. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Should have left Obi-Wan in Vos' role.

10. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    After reading the DD novel and now halfway through the audio book, it really makes it feel like a legit part of TCW series. Especially with all the added performance and sound design. The guy does the voices better than expected, his Dooku is just like Corey Burton. So for those looking for a true TCW experience i recommend consuming both. It was great to have some of the art as well, to help visualize some of it.

11. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Who narrates it?

It would be a cool idea to do a Clone Wars full-cast audio drama. That way, you'd only need voice actors, sound effects and music. None of that expensive animation.

12. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    This one is Marc Thompson. I thought i was going to really hate his Ventress and other women, but it wasn't so bad, it captures her spirit, if maybe a bit exaggerated. He does all the men very well. I would also appreciate the true full cast audio drama. But i will admit that nothing can replace the fantastic animation.

13. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    That's very true. The animation is gorgeous.

panki, MandaloreRex2015 and Watto like this.
  14. TetsuAero

TetsuAero Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    Well, Ventress didn't die in the old EU ash she did in DD :)

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    But then she escaped and that was it we never saw her again.

16. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    "No wonder you Jedi are so frustrated." [face_laugh]

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  17. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Have you learned how Asajj's ship got its name? I thought that was fantastic.

18. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    anakinfansince1983 Yes, it was pretty funny. "Idiot" cracks me up, too.

I gotta say, I just finished the first arc last night, and Idk what to think. Talking about her sisters was bittersweet, and the scene with the snake, wow. The love scenes are unintentionally hilarious, but I can understand the attraction between the two.

OMGosh, Dooku found her on Rattatak! :eek: I enjoyed their dialogue. On the Raxus balcony, I really wanted her to take the drink and stay.

(That whole charade with the humanitarian award. Nice one, George.)

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  19. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I hated the snake scene, and the love scenes made me want to tell Asajj to put down the psychedelic drugs and go back to alcohol.

Dooku getting the "humanitarian award" made me laugh though. TCW...always the troll.

20. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    "Ventress, what, what, what are you doing?!" is what I'd say.

Vos is a jerk.

Apparently the p**** does the picking.

When Vos assured Ventress that Dooku survived the crash: "Damn." [face_laugh]

Dooku and Sidious, imho, were written well.

And yet again, the Jedi council gets Filoni'd. :rolleyes:

Rest well, beautiful harpy. @};-

21. A Lovable Jerk

A Lovable Jerk Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 6, 2015

I seriously want to know what the hell the Separatists public think Dooku does with his time. The only times I've ever seen him portrayed as this grand leader who may be a right where the republic went wrong was when he was putting on his charade in Heroes on Both Sides and when he freed Tibrin from some generic tyrant in the Jedi: Dooku issue.

Seriously does he kiss newborn babies or open kitten orphanages or what?

22. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Dooku controls the Separatist media, its no different than Emperor Palpatine promoting and creating his own PR. Its propaganda. Dooku could also genuinely be well liked among the the vast populace of the Separatist worlds that broke away from the Republic and rallied behind him, he's supposed to be charismatic and enigmatic and actually he be making things run in their favor (good economy and a false sense of freedom or independence ) and so they're happy and even complacent ect ect . Most people likely see Dooku as a good man, since he's a former and venerable Jedi Master and his character would be assumed to bear the same moral character that entails plus he comes from an influential aristocratic family and has very powerful and influential allies and connections.

Iron_lord and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  23. panki

panki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2016
    The voice in the holocron in Rebels Season 2 finale? [face_hypnotized]

One Quarter Portion and Vorax like this.
  24. Sixes

Sixes Jedi Master star 2

Apr 5, 2016
    I really like the initial Vos, Ventress mercenary team up. As far as i can tell Ventress has been a loner since Dathomir and you really get a sense of them bonding over their various missions, it makes me desperately want to have seen it animated.

Also in terms of the Sith Holocron, Filoni already said he brought back the voice actress as a thank you for her work on TCW, but she wasn't playing Ventress.

panki and Iron_lord like this.
  25. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014

Yea, I guess in a strange way I was right it turned out. The actress atleast returned using the same voice of Ventress but this time as some ancient Sith Artificial Intelligence called the "Presence". Am still wondering why they went a very familiar Ventress voice, the reason Filoni gave makes it sound like either reincarnation or everyone in the Dark Side is somehow connected and puppeteered so end up having the same or similar voices, looks and personalities. He said similar things with The Son of Mortis way back when. Maybe Filoni just realized killing Ventress was a mistake and tossed the voice in. The lack of Ventress I think hurts the SW universe, she was a fun and interesting character , they will have a hard time replacing her, not sure they can though the 7th Sister was a kinda replacement or stand-in. Glad she was killed by Darth Maul, I was not entirely sure they'd have the nerve to get rid of her so soon.

panki likes this.