main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Star Wars the Clone Wars: Dark Disciple (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Nov 30, 2014.

1. panki

panki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2016
    I thought it was a really good book....and what is curious is the last few pages seem to have left enough room for Ventress's return as well...

1. Ventress is placed in stasis so her body is intact months after her "death"

2. Her wounds were repaired (dead people don't have repaired wounds) and Vos notices the force lightning left spidery designs on her arms (reminded me a bit of how Darth Talon got her tattoos)

3. Looking at the EU (Book of Sith), Nightsisters could bring the dead back to life if the body was intact (Old Daka brings back nightsister zombies in TCW). The water in the poor turns green as she is immersed in the dark pool, like the water of life....it means nightsister magic was at work

4. EU Ventress was also thought to have died but returned using sith meditation.

I loved the light hearted flirting of Ventress and Obi-wan in TCW but never liked the EU Ventress-Obi relationship......she was really cruel to him while he was always trying to reform her and couldn't accept her as she was....maybe that is what is good in the Vos-Ventress romance- an acceptance of someone as they actually are without trying to change them. I was initially sceptical of this pairing since I really liked Khaleen but now I see it actually works quite well.

Anyway, I hope that when Order 66 is declared, Ventress and Vos disappear into the shadows, he leaves the order and they become pirates or bounty hunters....this will not mess with the canon position that after Yoda's passing, Luke would be the last jedi.

henryj95 likes this.
  2. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007

Vos was corrupted by the Dark Side.

At first he desired revenge upon Ventress. But after her failed attempt to liberate him, Vos joined Dooku. But that was an elaborate ruse on Vos's part. He undertook a dangerous gambit in order to find out who the second Sith Lord was. That was his overarching goal. And while he got close to finding out who Sidious was, Dooku never actually revealed that the Dark Lord of the Sith was the Supreme Chancellor of the Republic. And seeing how Dooku took advantage of the sudden distraction on Christophsis to try and kill Vos, it's safe to say the Count never intended to allow Vos to live, not after he had that holo-conversation with Sidious.

"You know my feelings on the help you are wont to employ...."

panki and Darkslayer like this.
  3. I Love Star Wars 94

I Love Star Wars 94 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 8, 2017
    So far it's my favorite canon novel.

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.