main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Star Wars the Clone Wars: Dark Disciple (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Nov 30, 2014.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

You never know these days. :p

2. Octavian Dibar

Octavian Dibar Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2015
    Yeah the premise has me a little weirded out, regarding the idea that the council would sanction a hit on Dooku by one of their own order and hire an assassin to help. Don't get me wrong, I think the plan is completely justified and legitimate, but it seems wholly out of character for the Council to give that kind of order. I get the "desperate times, desperate measures" concept, but still...

If Republic Intelligence set up the plan, if they hired Ventress, and if Vos agreed to take on the assignment without the Council knowing, then I don't see any issues.

But now....[face_thinking]

shorttrooper and Vorax like this.
  3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    We were discussing this in Lit; it looks like more writing to make the Jedi look as terrible as possible.

4. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    That's the issue that strikes me as odd too, that the Order would sanction not only the action, but working with a wanted war criminal. Are we seeing them break the code simply because the end justifies the means? Perhaps the writers wanted to show the audience that the Jedi Order really was faltering during this war, and it was no longer a group of peace keepers anymore.

5. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
  6. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    This hole book is wonk.

7. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    There was a little hope that Ventress could be single but no. [face_sigh]

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

It was not meant to be.

9. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014

Dooku could be getting set up by Palpatine or alternatively Palpatine has set up the Jedi, either way it is highly probable Palpatine/Sidious know of this plot . Palpatine could inform Dooku to where he's aware and playing along. Unless the Jedi conducted this operation on their own without informing the Chancellor. If so, Palpatine and Tarkin even can spin that to their advantage possibly. The lies after the war, was that Dooku never really stopped being a Jedi, never stepped down and was even acting under the Jedi Council's orders to orchestrate this war. Palpatine could be like oh look the Jedi tried silencing their own agent before he could be brought to trial and justice by the Republic.

Saga Explorer and Octavian Dibar like this.
  10. Octavian Dibar

Octavian Dibar Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2015
    I like this. It's actually a pretty clever use of propaganda. The best lies have an element of truth in them, and the truth of the Clone Wars was that one entity (i.e. Sidious) was effectively controlling both sides. Between AARs, logistical records and the multitude of other historical documents from both sides, some enterprising historians may eventually come to up with a theory that both sides were being pushed around the chessboard in a coordinated fashion by someone. Having the puppeteer pin the blame on the Jedi makes complete sense, and gets out ahead of any popular conspiracy theories that may crop up later on.

I considered that the Council keeps the operation a secret from the Chancellor, but that might imply that they believe he's in league with Dooku. I'm not sure if that is supported by the events of RotS. I never got the impression that they thought he was working for the other side, only that he was a highly opportunistic politician who would be reluctant to give up his power once the war ended.

Vorax likes this.
  11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Yoda said something like this "the dark side surrounds the Chancellor so take that as you will.

12. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    They were gonna remove him from office if he did not relinquish power and step down after the capture or destruction of General Grievous.

13. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Phil Noto made an alternate cover that will adorn the 2015 Del Rey SW Sampler.
    [​IMG]

podjazd and Jamie1001 like this.
  14. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Just hope some arent misled into believing Vader and the Empire will appear in that particular book,lol.

To be honest the best artwork I seen so far for this Ventress/Vos book was the original:

[​IMG]

cwustudent likes this.
  15. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    In the new art, Assaj's outfit looks like her Padawan outfit seen jn Nightsisters episode flashback. Also her hair. She has come full circle as she likely comes to the end of her story.

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

RIP

17. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
  18. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    AFS1983 is the look only acceptable for young Assaj, and not mature Ventress?

19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Nah she just does not like the book.

20. TK-421 Is vader

TK-421 Is vader Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2015
    The book however will make her like wine even more however......Someone must get a lot of money whenever christie Golden writes a Star wars novel.

Saga Explorer likes this.
  21. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Yes.

Plus the whole idea of her reverting back to childhood prior to a (probably unworthy of her) end of life just really irks me.

Watto likes this.
  22. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    A realisation that her hatred of the Jedi (from shortly after her mentor Ky Narec was cut down) - was unworthy of her - might be the root of her change.

Perhaps she's "backtracking to the moment she took the wrong path, and starting again on the right one."

23. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Season Five, when due to Ashsoka influenced she does not kill the Clones, it seems to be the "new me" moment & perhaps there ignited the "goodside" that was buried deep down. She still sought revenge against Savage because he embarrassed her ego even after the Boba Fett arc where she did a semi-good deed but it was still done out've profit but not completely greed, but still self gain there. Ventress never accepted her hand in the abuse and murder of Feral & Savage himself( in a sense Savage was murdered to in order to be reborn into that monster), she was again out for revenge and profit collecting even there when she unknowing ran into Kenobi in the process. In the Tano arc there is a choice of good but there is still that profit part, as Tano was gonna work on a clemency deal on her behalf. So I don't know just how good Ventress will turn out or if this book is a dud or not.

24. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I'll wait and see. I don't remember disliking Golden's first Ravenloft book, her Dark Templar trilogy, FOTJ: Omen at least. Maybe this one will avoid the mistakes of Ascension?

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  25. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Well I sympathize with fans who feel that the character they knew was altered into something other or flat out just ruined. There is always that element and that fear present, as the writers can create what they want to and not much we can do.