main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Star Wars the Clone Wars: Dark Disciple (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Nov 30, 2014.

1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    "Good" is fine. "Not hating the Jedi anymore"...also fine.

It is possible to be good without going soft, weak, losing her spark.

I posted my concerns about the hair "representing something" in the Lit forum.

2. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    I agree, there are other characters that have made a significant shift where it worked and they didn't lose their edge, I hope that's the case with Ventress. I like her character too much to see her drastically altered into someone unrecognizable.

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
  4. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Is Darth Maul in the book? and does Ventress really get a yellow lightsaber?

5. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Yea would be interesting if he pops up and saves Ventress's bacon. There was a Maul statue from Sideshow called Dark Disciple:

[​IMG]

Yea she uses a yellow lightsaber, the animated costuming does not appear to be the more Jedi-like stuff they're using in some of the promotion art:

[​IMG]

Same is true for the concept art:

[​IMG]

Although she could of course switch outfits but it is strange to give her a more Jedi-like attire when we didnt see it before now.

Archie Brown likes this.
  6. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Ventress' new hair definitely makes her look more like a Nightsister.

Though I do wonder why it changed from brown to white.

panki likes this.
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Possibly Age but i don't think so because she only aged about 5 years between her time with her Jedi Master and now.

8. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    She probably simply dyes her hair.

pepoluan likes this.
  9. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    I'm curious if they'll mention how and where she got the crystal for her newly constructed saber, unless it's something she took from someone else or was given. It would be interesting if it was on Dathomir, and a ghostly whisper from Talzin led her to it.

shorttrooper likes this.
  10. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    I would imagine its something they should delve into in the first chapter or so. The yellow blades were only seen used by Jedi Temple Guards. I would imagine though the color chosen by the specific user, as crystals lacked color before they came into the hands of the user. They never really explained crystals well enough, we just have clues and nothing at all on red crystals(it is unknown if Tyranus made Ventress's sabers or Savage's even). Crystals themselves are Force attuned, so there is some color coding to personality/mood between the user and the crystal itself involved.

11. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    All the 3D models, concept art and story reels we have seen have been based on the Season 7 arc of 4 episodes. It's possible that the Jedi like attire were from the Season 8 arc. They only have sketches from that arc, of which we have only seen one. Since this novel is based on all 8 episodes, I wouldn't be surprised if they are both relevant.

shorttrooper likes this.
  12. Archie Brown

Archie Brown Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2015
    I know that it's coming out in June but I really have no idea about the storyline! I have tried to find some images or video clips of the unfinished clone wars episode but I can't find any! The only thing I know about the novel is that it features Quinlan Vos, Assaj Ventress and Count Dooku does anyone know anymore? And what's up with Ventress's bow and arrow, well not arrow, Star Wars is far too futuristic to have those things! Has she turned into Katniss Everdeen?

13. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    for clips it's in here, check 4:35 mark.:)

Archie Brown and Watto like this.
  14. Archie Brown

Archie Brown Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2015
    Wow thanks!

starocean90 likes this.
  15. shorttrooper

shorttrooper Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 3, 2014
    In the comics Quinlan Vos goes undercover and ends up teaming up with some villains and being a double agent. I could see something like that happening with Ventress. It would fit in with the romance and betrayal that Christie Golden mentions. In the end maybe one of them would be forced to betray the other and have a change of heart at the last moment. They show that shot of Ventress with Dooku and I wonder how that comes about.

We saw in the movie the council sanctioned spying on the chancellor off the books and they seemed to do a lot of things like that towards the end. Including when they covered up when they found out that the clones were ordered by their enemy, which was ridiculous. So I can see them ordering Vos undercover. I'm still having a hard time with the assassination though, I mean really... I think it would more likely be a case of defeat but only kill if left with no other choice.... If the Jedi have really gone that far down that path, then that fleshes out Anakin's confusion and motivation even more, but that's a whole 'nother topic.

Vorax and Iron_lord like this.
  16. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Well what do we have. Back when Dooku was first introduced to us in AOTC:

Mundi: He's a political idealist, not a murderer."
    Windu: "You know Count Dooku was once a Jedi, he couldn't assassinate anyone...its not in his character."

Vos is a master in ROTS, obviously he survives this book. I am curious if Maul and Sora Bulq feature in Dark disciple.

panki and shorttrooper like this.
  17. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    When watching that episode, I got that hint, that she didn't kill the clones because Ahsoka told her not to, but that change in her character (avoid killing people) happened before that encounter with the clones.

18. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    If that is the case, why don't they change, when their personality changes? In other words, when Anakin went evil, his blade did not go to red but stayed blue. And when Ventress changed, her red blades.....stayed red. Of course if the personality affecting the crystal only happens when the lightsaber is built, that could explain above.

Speaking of lightsabers......

I hope someday Ventress acquires her duel sabers again. They should probably be somewhere in the Jedi Temple. If she survives this book, perhaps Voss could give them to her as a gift.

Duel Curved Red blades still suit her.....even when she is good.

19. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Artificial with crystals always result in red light saber blades not the subjects personality and it doesn't appear that falling to the dark side after building their own light saber to complete their training as a Jedi.

That should include all light saber building force users since only Sith bother with artificial crystals.

20. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014

My idea, is that there is something along the lines of like the sorting hat from Harry Potter involved.

So far this is all we know:

- Filoni

https://www.facebook.com/notes/dave-filoni/qa/10150219391017571

According to forum member Among the Clouds she said she recalled an interview with Filoni claiming he snunk the yellow blades in without Lucas noticing as the Temple Guards were to have had originally green lightsaber blades.

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/darksaber-thoughts-on-this.50025557/page-2

Before Filoni stressed that Sinube's lightsaber was not white and there was the limit set, but he seems to backtrack and gives Ahsoka white colored blades:

On Rebels Recon for "Fire Across the Galaxy" Filoni explains to us about Ahsoka's white lightsabers:

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/filonis-workaround-for-last-of-the-jedi.50027889/

And canon:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kyber_crystal

http://www.starwars.com/databank/lightsaber-crystal

Those giant Kyber crystals are all green so far apparently and not the colorless saber crystals. The canon article does not appear to mention synthetic Sith crystals so I wonder if there is some rare giant red Kyber crystal that Sith carve their stones off of or something and hand to apprentices.

If they keep making it up as they go along, and change minds, then alteast attempt some explanations.

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

For instance she could have killed Boba Fett

But he has the all powerful Mandalorian Plot armor.

22. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Ventress obeying Ahsoka just 'cause?

Oh hell no.

23. shorttrooper

shorttrooper Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 3, 2014
    Ventress did what she felt was in her best interest. And that was a temporary alliance with Ahsoka. The moment it went sour Ventress would have dropped her.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  24. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
  25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014