main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Star Wars the Clone Wars: Dark Disciple (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Nov 30, 2014.

1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I think one of my only posts in the Lit forum on the IGN boards was to ask 'Who the actual **** wrote Luke Skywalker saying that???'

And I am pretty sure it was Golden.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  2. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    't

For people still on the fence with this, remember that TCW changed everything. How many stories weren't introduced that changed canon forever? So I read that one poster doesn't want Vos using foce lightning on Dooku, another wants just the Dark Horse version of Vos to be legit, and yet another wants this or that. Golden may suck but she is writing an adaption to a 4 part arc, that yeah she will expand upon it and it is canon. No matter what it is legitmate star wars not like all the Legends stuff that is gone poof. So whats the big deal? In TCW we have a resurrected Maul, a powerful teleporting witch, unstoppable Mortis family, the force priestesses of that weird place and how many other odd things. What makes any of this other stuff different? Exactly

3. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    If it's terrible, how does the idea of it being Haute CanĂ´n make it any better?

Cevan and Vthuil like this.
  4. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I have no idea how what you're saying is supposed to be reassuring.

(Mind you, I'm not looking for reassurance - I'm not planning on reading this book either way).

Cevan and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Wow they seem to have picked a ****** writer from what your all saying.

6. JohnnyAmato

JohnnyAmato Jedi Padawan

Nov 19, 2013
    I don't believe I've read anything from this author yet, I just hope she focuses mainly on the stories that were written for the original arcs and doesn't deviate too far from that course. Ventress has been one of my favorite characters since her debut in the mini series all the way up to the The Clone Wars. Her stint in the Republic comics was cool too, just not sure if that's even canon anymore.

Not sure yet how I feel about her being involved in some way with Vos, hopefully it's not romantically. I'm not a big fan of Vos, but I don't dislike him, either. I'm just not on the big bandwagon of fans he got after his storyline in the Republic comics, which I did read, but it was so long ago I forget some of the details. Again, not even sure if those comics are canon anymore.

7. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    To be honest, I don't know about that. Even Aaron Allston didn't come out of FOTJ looking good, so it's quite possible Golden was a victim of a lousy overarching narrative more than anything. But that scene with Ben and Vestara was so amazingly tone-deaf and terrible that I'm just not inclined to give her the benefit of the doubt, especially with characters who I really wouldn't like to see mishandled.

8. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Either its just the test template, or it looks like they changed Vos' face. Looks like a Clone head with Vos' wig on:

[​IMG]

Different nose as well:

[​IMG]

9. TetsuAero

TetsuAero Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    I'm pretty sure they updated it so that he looks more like how he did in the comics :)

10. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    He got a nose job to impress Asajj.

11. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Cevan likes this.
  12. ifleninwasawizard

ifleninwasawizard Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2014
    Hopefully they will release a preview of this like they did with the other books. It will have to be really good for me to consider getting the hardcover. Right now I'm planning on getting this on kindle.

13. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013

Interesting cover. I would've preferred something else, but this isn't too bad. Looking forward to the book, assuming they keep Golden on a tight leash and don't let her stray a great deal from the original story/characterization unless Filoni or someone else approves it.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  14. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm not optimistic about Golden being kept on a tight leash or Filoni not approving a horrible storyline.

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    This book should be interesting to see some of your reactions.

16. Jax_the_Admiral

Jax_the_Admiral Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 21, 2014
    I'm optimistic. Then again, I know nothing of Christie Golden.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  17. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Yea I never read anything from her, some seem to think thats a good thing. I'll buy the audio book or wait for someone to upload it on youtube as I catch some audio books there from time to time.

18. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm not planning to read it, so any reactions will be determined by whether I decide to read what other people have posted about it.

19. Jax_the_Admiral

Aug 21, 2014
    You're not gonna read it? Not even for Ventress?

Cevan likes this.
  20. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
  21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I myself am debating if I should read this book but I will.

22. ifleninwasawizard

ifleninwasawizard Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2014
    I was gonna say that this would come out in the middle of a SW TV drought. This would be out only media not related to the Saga. But by July three issues of the Kanan comic will be out.=P~

23. JohnnyAmato

JohnnyAmato Jedi Padawan

Nov 19, 2013
    That's not Ventress! It looks like a young David Bowie...

24. Jax_the_Admiral

Aug 21, 2014
    You just said you will read this book. Therefore, you're not debating it :p.

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Wow lol.