main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Star Wars the Clone Wars: Dark Disciple (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Nov 30, 2014.

1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    *shrug* Won't argue about whether some people are more likely to spend money on crap than I am.

I never paid full price for an ROTS ticket. I put my money where my loud mouth is.

I considered seeing if the library would get this book so I could read through it without funding the terrible concept, and start a Lit forum thread called "anakinfan rampages through Dark Disastrous".

But I do like having a normal sized functioning liver, and way too much wine would be required.

2. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    LOL without having read any of the EU, I can only imagine that this is to erase it from memory after reading, correct?

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  3. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    Quinlan Vos and Asajj Ventress are two of my favorite characters, largely because of the EU more than TCW. I will be awaiting on reviews before buying this.

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Well I will buy it even if it's crap so I can judge it properly.

5. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    The little I saw of EU Vos, he seemed like a womanizer. In TCW he was more of a plot device to irritate Obi-Wan.

6. TrandoJedi

May 4, 2011
    I can't quite remember too much of him being a womanizer, then again I haven't read his Clone Wars stories in ages. I read his pre-Clone Wars stuff a few months ago. I remember his story in the EU ends with being married with Kahleen and having a child in the Dark Times. But I can't remember him being too much of a womanizer (I could be wrong though). The only women I remember him loving was Aayla Secura (as a daughter/father/padawan thing) and Kahleen.

7. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yeah, Trando's got it right. I mean, I can see where you got that impression, AF, since half the artwork of Quin and Kahleen is more than a little suggestive, but that was only one aspect of his personality. His main thing was "rawr im evil but not really except really i am okay i was joking 'cause im edgy"

cwustudent and TrandoJedi like this.
  8. Darth Zannah

Darth Zannah Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 28, 2014
    So many interesting novels coming this year..Heir to the Jedi, Lords of the Sith, and this... I can't wait...even though I'm not a fan of Vos all that much

9. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Am more curious over Ventress' fate than anything else, she's about had as many deaths as Shaak Ti had in the EU..

Kanan is somewhat modeled on Vos with the with the blaster and lightsaber, the cowboy/badboy stuff but Kanan was established as a womanizer pretty boy jock type of typical of the teen movies stock. Vos was more hardboiled and a vagabond knight. Not much a Vos fan or Kanan fan.

Maul and Ventress are great and interesting characters but this 15 year time frame passing, the old timers are still the best and I care more about their lives and longevity. None of the new characters on the new show or ST interest me as much as the PT ere characters, I want CW characters back in action along with Starkiller as TFU still feels like the magic of the PT and OT.

10. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    You all know how I feel about Kanan. :D I don't see him as a womanizer though, the only woman he was interested in was Hera. He was more of a fun who-gives-a-**** type.

All the Ventress fates I have in my head are better than the one we're likely to get from this novel unfortunately.

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Is death better for you.

12. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    No. Life as a bounty hunter or some other job in which she works for herself. And only gets involved with men who deserve her greatness.

13. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I'm willing to wager that she will not die in this novel. I'm guessing Lucasfilm and Disney would rather have these ambiguous character fates out there JUST IN CASE they ever want to use them later, even if they never do. Just to have potential cash streams (and torture us). Especially imagine that they may want to pump some dollars out of using Darth Maul somewhere later, and his fate is obviously ambiguous even after SoD.

jabberwalkie likes this.
  14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

But my question is would you rather prefer death for her then what you think her fate will be in the novel.

15. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I think her fate in the novel will be as someone who is unrecognizable as Asajj. That is the direction that the writers started in the fugitive arc, and given the description and summaries that we have of this novel so far, plus the author's prior work, it seems as if the novel is greasing the sharply downhill Not-Really-Asajj slope.

Is death for a character better than an awesome character becoming someone completely different?

I can handle the death of a favorite character if it is done well. And I'd rather read a book that makes me cry than a book that pisses me off.

So...maybe?

16. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    The only woman he was seriously interested in was Hera... but before she came along, he had many flings according to A New Dawn (from what I recall... it wasn't dwelled on, really, but referenced).

17. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Having "flings" doesn't mean he was using the women. The term implies deceiving women who are interested in a serious relationship. Based on the impression I got from Kanan in A New Dawn, he would have been upfront and honest about the fact that he had no intention of the relationship going anywhere.

18. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    Ventress had such a good character arc across the course TCW - easily the most potent evolution of all the cast. I hope she continues to be the (anti) hero of her own story, and not the romantic lead in someone else's.

19. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    If the book isn't good or popular, I could see them trying something different with her later. No need to throw the baby with the bath water (don't kill this truly unique character.)

20. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I agree with you there. But don't change her either.

21. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    Ventress, like Vos, is a popular EU character, so I doubt we'll see either of them die in the novel. They both have potential outside of the CW series and this upcoming book, so I expect to see them again no matter how good / bad this turns out to be.

22. TrandoJedi

May 4, 2011
    Anakin Solo and Mara Jade were popular EU characters....

23. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Going by the fact that Christie Golden is writing the book, i think we all know what will happen to Ventress :(
    R.I.P Asajj B. (Badass) Ventress
    Cause of Death : Character Assassination

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I hope were all wrong and this book is good.

25. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    No ****. :_|