STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS in CINEMAS AUGUST 15, 2008

Discussion in 'Inland Empire CA' started by AboutaSith, Feb 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda

VIP
    star 4
    Hello everyone. Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Been out of town. Okay, so I need to know what we're gonna do as far as the clone wars movie is concerned. I think we need to take a vote on whether we set up a booth and help out with the 501st like we did for the free comic book day or do we go see the movie on the midnight showing like planned as a group event? I don't care either way. Please post your replies asap so that we can start to plan whose gonna do what and get everything together.

As a side note, I'm gonna call / PM Glen with the 501st again, as I was able to get in touch with Steve at Edwards. Either way please post what everyone wants to do.

:)
  2. MommyJedi Jedi Master

star 2
    Well, I can't attend the midnight show so not sure my vote counts, but...

You have had a stormtrooper from the 501st who volunteer for the midnight show on Thursday. His name is Eddie, he is new so I don't know him. He lives in Menifee. So whatever you do, you need to get in contact with him so he knows what's up.

As for Friday, I vote for that day since I have volunteered to be at the 501st table inside the lobby and I KNOW that an IEFF table next to it would be fabulous and I could help with the IEFF table too. That way I could be with all of you lovelies that I love AND we get to see the movie for free after the event is over :) I think the FCBD went so well and our booths looked great next to one anothers. I think the tables would look great next to eachother too. We could set it up in a simular, yet simplier fashion.

just my 2 sense...8-}
  3. jedifan77 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Because I'm a diehard geek, I'd like to see the movie for fun on Midnight on Thursday and then work a booth (do something for CHOC donations) on Friday with the 501st, too. What say you?
  4. AboutaSith Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Midnite tix are on sale now

I dunno how much time i'll have that weekend, might not get to see it till after we've moved.
  5. Symina Jedi Master

star 4
    I'd really love to, but I just can't do the couple of hours of sleep then go to work all day.
  6. TD-443 Jedi Padawan

looks like im your 501st trooper for Thursday night. Anything you guys need to know about me? What time would you like me there? Do we hve dressing rooms that night?
  7. jedi_onasi Jedi Master

star 3
    We can't go to the midnight showing, but we can make it Friday to help and see the movie.
  8. jedifan77 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hi Eddie,
    It seems that most folks aren't able to make it Thursday night. There are two (Kari and Curtis) of us that are going anyway, but only one wants to suit up (me - Jedi). The other person is suiting up on Friday, instead, but is quite willing to be a handler for Thur. night. We've already got our tickets for the midnight showing, so, suited up or not, we'll be there.

If you're interested, I was thinking about calling Steve, the theater manager, to see if he would be interested in just a couple of us coming out on Thursday night. If we did come, the one concession I'd like for him is to make sure we have reserved seats for the tickets we'll already have. I want to make sure we're not sitting in the nose bleed section. Seems like a fair trade. I'll also have to see if he has a place for us to change.

Are you still interested? Any chance you know anybody else that's willing to suit up for Thursday? I'm rather disappointed that there just aren't many of us willing to do the midnight opening.

Let me know what you think.

Anybody else want to join us?
  9. TD-443 Jedi Padawan

Im still up for it. All I would like from the movie theater is a secure changing area. I wont be watching the movie that night but if they want to throw in a pass for another night im all for it :) no biggie though. I also need to know what time they would like me there. Im sure lines will be formed many hours ahead. I might have one other sandtrooper but thats highly unlikely. I think im going to be the lone trooper. So if you could call them and ask them what they would like to do that would be great.
  10. DarthMalum Jedi Master

star 2
    I am seeing if I can get ahold of my old armor from my buddy and try to help you guys out thursday nightand friday, Are they seting us up with anything for thrusday night?
    or do i need to buy a ticket.
  11. TD-443 Jedi Padawan

The 501st are not setting up anything in the way of tables or what not for Thursday night. Im not even watching the movie that night. I have to be at work in the morning and I want to see it with my daughter too.
  12. jedifan77 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Go ahead and buy a ticket, Curtis and I both did. I'm going to call the theater manager tomorrow and will let you know as soon as I get some info.
  13. TD-443 Jedi Padawan

Glen brought up a good point... how safe am I by myself out there trooping by myself? I have a wrangler but do you guys think I have any need fo concern?
  14. jedifan77 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Curtis won't be suiting up and I'm in Jedi, so each of us can help keep an eye on anybody on armor, too. However, you've got to decide if you feel safe or not.

I'm calling the theater manager today to see if he can provide us a changing room for that night and will post once I have the info.
  15. TK-602 Jedi Knight

Hey guys.
    I need a list of names for the theater of everyone whos volunteering. Either Pm me or post here.

Example:
    Glen Borst: Stormtrooper 501st
    Brian: Jedi RL
    Kari: Jedi IEFF

I dont know everyone by screen names, so I need the real deal.

Thanks,
    Glen

16. TK-602 Jedi Knight

Also, Mark, I got your meassage. Our tables together would be great. I'll have my Flat screen and DVR ready just like at FCBD at Rancho. I have a few things for the raffle, if you guys want to contribute please do. I don't have a problem sharing with you guys you just can't have my wranglers... Minda and Julie are mine, so there.:p
  17. TD-443 Jedi Padawan

18. DarthMalum Jedi Master

star 2
    Count myself (Ronnie Floyd) in for thursday night, even if I don't get the armor I will protect those who are in costume.
    and both myself and my lovely wife
    (Nikol Floyd) for friday night as wranglers/Table worker people and what ever other non-costume tasks need to be done.
    Nikol will be in costume friday but I am free
  19. MommyJedi Jedi Master

star 2
    I got to talk to Sandy at length today. She & bill will be there Thursday night, bill in his Bith costume with music attached.
    Also Sandy will bethere to work our table on Friday. No Bill on Friday.

Thursday
    Bill Deacon - Bith
    Sandy Deacon - wrangler

Friday
    Sandy Deacon - table babe
  20. han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda

VIP
    star 4
    Friday the wifey, myself, & Dane will be at the booth spreading the good word of the IEFF.

han-shot-first...Mike
    wifey...Sheila
    Nephew Dane...Dane

[face_dancing] :D
  21. jedifan77 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Kari - Friday - in pilot due to being in Jedi on Thursday. IEFF booth babe and general wanderer (my normal state).
  22. TK-602 Jedi Knight

Sorry, I should have been more detailed in my post. I need a list of volunteers for Fri night, not Thurs.

Sorry about that,
    Glen
    TK-602
    SCG
  23. DarthMalum Jedi Master

star 2
    Friday:
    Ronnie Floyd (Wrangler/ what is nedded)
    Nkiol Floyd (Jedi)
  24. jedi_onasi Jedi Master

star 3
    I'm editing Ronnie's post.