main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS in CINEMAS AUGUST 15, 2008

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by AboutaSith, Feb 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. delta_1138

delta_1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 17, 2006
    Kris - Roadie
    I'm might bring along someone else. When is the latest I can find out?

2. TD-443

TD-443 Jedi Youngling

Aug 3, 2008
    Soooooo do we have a changing room for Thusday night? Is anyone coming in uniform besides me? Does anyone have any info on this? Beuler, Beuler, .....

3. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Eddie, I posted on the 501st boards. You must have missed it. Due to work schedules, there won't be anybody dressing out on Thursday. Some of us will be there in street clothes, but no costumes. Sorry!

4. DarthMalum

DarthMalum Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 28, 2006
    sorry i can't make it thursday but we will be there friday

5. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    Hello there all you super crazy Star Wars fans!!![face_dancing]

Friday is coming up fast and it's time we get to all come together to be part of another chapter in the Star Wars Saga...Wahoooooo!!!!!:D

Couple things real quick for fridays event-------------> They are:

We're setting up our group table next to the 501st table. We need to get there at 5pm to "set up" so that by 6pm we can start the festivities. That being said, we've got a few things that need to be brought by whoever has them and be at the Kiosk section (where you buy tickets) at Edwards in Ontario for the set up of our table. Whoever has what is on the list, please bring it with you and if it's not on this list nad we need it there, please bring it as well as post what you've got. Here's what is needed:

Table
    Table cloth
    Photo albums
    Framed pics of past events - HSF bringing
    Flyers with our group info on them
    CHOC flyer with donation bucket (HSF bringing flyer, maybe someone has a SW helmet for bucket)
    Our IEFF Banner - HSF bringing small weights to hold banner on end of table
    Smiles & Good times - EVERYONE ON THIS ONE!!!
    Beach balls - HSF bringing FIVE
    Buttons
    Light saber - HSF bringing

Please add to this list on who is bring what. I can pick up what I can from anybody if needed as well. Three days to go...lets make people seewhy we're the "Premere" fan force group to be with!!! =D=

6. MommyJedi

MommyJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 22, 2007
    We talked about this at the meeting

Table - Kari
    Table cloths - Minda
    Banner - Sandy
    Picture boards & stands - Kris
    We plan on pinning the banner to the table, but now I'm remebering it is sort of tall (taller then the table I mean). You have more experience then I at this, suggestions?

I'm bring Baylee's clone trooper helmet. We can use that for the "bucket". Would someone have a football stand to support the helmet so it doesn't tip over?
    Are we SURE we have permission to collect funds at the movie theater? I know the 501st is doing a raffle, but still haven't heard back from Glen as to what it is for. I know he has permission for the raffle. It is a prefect place to raise money for CHOC. Just don't want to step on toes or offend the host, Steve?. I'll happily make a framed sign with the CHOC info for the donation basket.

Also it sounds like we have a lot of things for the small table we'll have. Are we sure we need everything you listed? I think it will be too crowed and look cluttered. The goal of fundraising and introducing our club will be lost in the "stuff".
    I think the picture boards will be better then the scrapbooks too. First they will be off the table and the people passing our table won't really have time to browse through a book of stuff. They'll have a movie to watch and popcorn to buy first. I think this event should be simpler. Suggestions?

7. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I think we have the possibility of a lot of bored people standing in long lines for TCW and they'll be happy to have something to come look at and pass some time. It's better to have all these items there and not use some of them then wish we had brought more.

The framed pix sound good, as do the posterboards Kris has and I'd love to have Nicole's scrapbook there. It's so well done and fun!

I have a Halloween Vader bucket we can use for donations, too. It's not anywere as near as cool as Baylee's helmet, but this one can't get broken. The thought of that amazing clone helmet sitting upside down on our table scares me, but, if you're okay with that Minda, we can use it. As mentioned above, we can bring both and decide what we need when we get there.

Put me down for the IEFF and 'Force' buttons and the stickers Stuart made.

Beach balls - I'll be bringing about half a dozen Episode III balls!

I found all of the IEFF flags and fingers that Debbie made up for CHOC. Should I bring those, Mike?

I'm sorry to say that a lot of the IEFF fliers were left at the Comic-Con. I had them set out on the Fan Force table and forgot to pick them up when I left on Sunday. I'll bring what I have, but it's not much.

8. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I did a double post as this has nothing to do with our event. The following is from somebody from the RL that works within the film industry. It gives a good perspective of the look of TCW and what to expect. (No spoilers) I thought it was interesting:

I'd like right now to try and quell any comparisons to Pixar or any other feature animation house. You have to remember that TCW isn't an actual feature. It's 3 television episodes cut together into a movie. This stuff was never meant to be on a big screen. For TV CG animation it's the best ever made. Blows everything away. Tak? Jimmy Neutron? Forget it. These shows are produced far faster and with less time for R&D. In the time it takes Pixar to do one hour and 20 minute feature, LFA has produced an entire season of high end TV animation.

It's never gonna be at the level of Pixar or Sony and it can't. TV budgets and time frame don't allow it. Especially when you are working with an overseas animation studio. Brad Bird can just walk over to the animator's office and direct. On the Clone Wars it required calling up a supervisor in Singapore and communicating the problem and then the information is relayed to the animator. It's what we deal with every day in TV animation. Things lost in translation, language barriers, miscommunications, etc, etc.

Basically, remember that this isn't The Incredibles or Toy Story. It's a premiere of a new TV show that's being put up on the big screen for us fans. Even though one review said that "Obi-Wan's beard looked like a snowplow had been glued on his face" (that totally cracks me up, as it's true), I still think the whole thing will be amazing and great fun! After all, that's what it's all about anyway!!!

9. TK-602

TK-602 Jedi Youngling

Jan 3, 2006
    I just posted this to RL and the 501st boards so forgive the repeat info. Kari, sorry I never got your message. The raffle money is going to Loma Linda Childrens Hospital. Mark, your just damn hard to get ahold of. I have talked to Steve and he's okay with the charity thing on my side, you may want to okay it with him for the IEFF though. Just in case. I'm bringing the TV and DVR again just like at FCBD for our booth.

If possible can everyone be there around 5 for set up and a run down of whats gonna happen. Theres gonna be a 501st and IEFF booth inside. Minda and Julie are my booth babes for the 501st and will be selling the raffle tickets. IEFF will be wrangling it sounds like. I'm shooting for tickets right after the event not the last showing like I previously stated. I still need more stuff for the raffle, I know, presumptuous. Tough, The money is going to the Loma Linda Childrens Hospital. I'm diggin into my collection and so is Mike. I also got SideShow Collectibles to donate a few things. Charity hurts people.

I may have one more update tomorrow, look for it.
    Heres my contact info, please let me know if you are gonna be there or have to cancel. if your late call me, I worry about my troops when their a no show for an event.
    Glen
    909-327-5483

--------------------

Glen Borst
    TK/TD/TB-602
    Inland Empire XO
    SCG

10. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Triple post!

I've now got a wrangler to add to our list. Lance is a 6th grader that goes to my school that I used to babysit when he was but a wee tot. Some of you met him at my carnival as he helped wrangle for a couple of the troopers. A terrific kid that's a huge SW fan. He's the type of kid that will help out where ever he's needed.

11. jedi_onasi

jedi_onasi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
    We're still coming and we should be there by 5.
    ~JO & DM (Nikol & Ronnie)
    I'll be Jedi-ing it up.

Oh yeah, I'll bring the scrapbook. Sadly, I haven't done too much to it.
    I'll try to work on it tonight. If anyone wants to give me pictures to add to it, that
    would be great.

And we'll bring the 'sabers.

12. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I upload most of my pictures to the IEFF photo album. They're full size so you should be able to print any of those you like.

13. MommyJedi

MommyJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 22, 2007
    Hey, whatever you want is fine. I was thinking, like Glen said, our tables are in the lobby after the people have waited in line so there will not be bored people mulling around our table. They will be there after they are let in the theater. And yes, if we don't use it, no loss, if we need it, it will be there!
    Cool.

14. jedi_onasi

Apr 3, 2006
    Well, I was hoping everyone had some actual photos. Cuz it can be expensive to print pictures from my printer and the ones I had done by Target I paid for. And that was about 200 pictures. I'll work with what I have though. :D

Sadly, I don't have a money tree. ;)

15. delta_1138

Aug 17, 2006
    OK, it's me and 2 others for sure. So put us on the list!

16. delta_1138

Aug 17, 2006
    Oh, that's for Friday.

17. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    Hey there happy people...two more days...wahooooo![face_dancing]

As far as the donation thing for CHOC is concerned in regards to the theater allowing it, I asked Steve and he said it would be fine (501st is doing it too).

Now that being said (we can take a vote here), I say, since we don't actually have anything to "raffle" (we'll have to work on that one), I say we skip the bucket idea for now even though it's a good idea...but i'd feel a little better offering something to our lucky winner. You all can decide.

As far as the booth is concerned, I say we bring what we've got and put up whatever we can without looking cluttered (as I agree with you Minda). Maybe one day we can have a TV with all of our group pics showing like as in a slideshow for peeps to see, that would be cool. Oh great...now i've got ideas brewing...between this and the movie, i'll never get to sleep tonight![face_laugh]

Lets do a final quick read through of the thread / head count by tomorrow to make sure we're all good to go.

18. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I love the slide show idea!!! Those can be so fun!

Friday Roll Call:

Mike, Sheila, Dane (?)
    Kari and Lance (my wrangler in training)
    Kris (plus 2)
    Ronnie and Nicole
    Bill, Sandy and Chrissy
    Minda
    Sonya & Darren
    Curtis

Who am I missing. Considering it's 5:00 am, I'm sure I've missed several people! Also, some of the listed folks will be there representing the 501st... but we love them anyway!

Thanks for setting this up, Mike. Please try to stay off you feet until Friday. We don't want a gimpy booth babe. :D

19. Symina

Symina Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    Darren's not coming to this one, he's got more practice for that show I was talking about on Saturday.

20. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I'm sorry he can't make it!

Friday Roll Call:

Mike, Sheila, Dane (?)
    Kris (plus 2)
    Ronnie and Nicole
    Bill, Sandy and Chrissy
    Minda
    Sonya
    Curtis

21. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    Yes dane will be there.:)

22. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Hurray! Dane gets to join us!

Friday Roll Call:

Mike, Sheila, Dane
    Kris (plus 2)
    Ronnie and Nicole
    Bill, Sandy and Chrissy
    Minda
    Sonya
    Curtis

Mike, will we have chairs available for us or do we need to bring some?

23. TK-602

TK-602 Jedi Youngling

Jan 3, 2006
    Crap, chairs. I knew I forgot something. Any chance you will have one or two to spare?:/ Never considered my booth babes will want to sit. Hey! I'm s TK, we can't sit. LOL

Glen

24. TK-602

TK-602 Jedi Youngling

Jan 3, 2006
    Wow, At this point I quit counting. I will have a sign in log for everyone to sign to give to the theater for ticket accountability.

Glen
    TK-602
    SCG

25. jedi_onasi

Apr 3, 2006
    We have a couple camping folding chairs. They're in the trunk, so we'll bring those in case someone wants them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.