main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS in CINEMAS AUGUST 15, 2008

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by AboutaSith, Feb 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    I've got some plastic chairs...three I think. I'll be standing i'm sure for most of it though. I take it we're gonna pass this time on the donation thingy bingy for CHOC...yes? I think maybe next time we could figure something out...my opinion only. :)

2. MommyJedi

MommyJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 22, 2007
    Sooooo,???????

Any early reviews?????

3. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Mostly from headlines so far it's been very negative, though they prob dont know it's three tv episodes not an actual movie.

4. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    I liked it, but that's probably because I understand about it being a TV series premiere! I think it's going to be a really good series! The new padawan annoyed me a little bit, but it was her behavior, not her personality. I've heard her being compared to Jar Jar. Not even close! It's going to be interesting to see her character grow.

This is going to be some cutting edge animation for television!

5. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    =P~ It's going to look sweet on my new HDTV!

6. UsedToBeUndercover

UsedToBeUndercover Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 19, 2007
    From what I've read so far, I think I'll like it. Mostly it's the people that hated the prequels or don't understand about the TV thing who hate it. :) Going to see it with family Sunday afternoon.

7. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Yes, it probably will!!

8. TK-602

TK-602 Jedi Youngling

Jan 3, 2006
    Final Update:
    Heres the address.
    4900 East 4th Street Ontario, CA 91764
    Map:
    http://www.movietickets.com/house_map.asp?house_id=1621
    Theater phone number:
    (909) 476-1525

Be there early if possible, 5:00pm, and check in at the 501st booth inside the lobby with either me or Minda. There you will be shown to the dressing room and asked to sign in so to account for tickets for the volunteers. Event will start at 6:00pm and go till 10:00pm after 10 we will suit down and go see the next movie playing.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars
    Rated (PG) ? 1 hr. 38 min. (10:30 AM), (11:15 AM), (1:20), (1:55), (3:55), (4:35), 6:30, 7:15, 9:10, 9:55, 11:45, 12:30 AM

If you have something for the raffle, please drop it off at the 501st booth and it will be displayed with the rest of the stuff. Thanks everyone who volunteered. Again bring your lightsabers, but no duels in the theater, lobby or outside.
    Volunteers will be asked or you can volunteer to be door greeters to the theater room showing the movie and yes you will be rotated, that will not be your permanent spot all night.
    Thanks again guys. Lets make this a good night and the 501st, Rebel Legion and our friends at the Inland Empire Fan Force Proud of us.

Glen Borst
    TK/TD/TB-602
    SCG

9. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    Want to make sure i'm reading this correctly. We're waiting an hour and 45 minutes before we see the movie? :confused:

Wouldn't it have made more sense to maybe cut our time down by an hour and be able to do the 9:55 show instead? [face_thinking]

Thought "our group" was going to decide on a time together to see the movie???[face_plain]

10. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    How about you asking Steve when you get to the theater. I don't know if I can last until an 11-something show. I'd love to go to the last showing before 10:00!!

11. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    Why would I check with Steve to see an earlier show? As you know I already spoke with Steve weeks ago and gave him a head count on how many tickets we would most likely need for "OUR GROUP". I know we could've gone to an earlier show just by asking to get in early, but that would defeat the purpose of doing this as a "group".[face_plain]

I already had tickets arranged for our group. This is what I was talking about Kari when we do a multi-group thing without any communication. To sign in to get tickets, among other little gems of this "event", when this was already addressed with Steve and I, is what i'm partly talking about.

We will miss you guys tonight, as we wanted to see you very much, but we are not going to be there. We're chosing to skip this "event" for many reasons that need some serious addressing. Out of respect for the IEFF core group here, I won't go on a much deserving rant.[face_frustrated]

Also...Please take my Title off of my avatar, as I don't want it, thank you.

12. TK-602

TK-602 Jedi Youngling

Jan 3, 2006
    Pic of the event
    http://s153.photobucket.com/albums/s228/TK-602/Clone%20Wars/
    Fantastic event and thanks to everyone from 501st, Rebel Legion and Inland Empire Fan Force who showed up. We made $285.00 in raffel ticket sales. I'm gonna round it up and on Sept 5th present a check for $300.00 to the Loma Linda Children's Hospital. Way to go guys. Special thanks to Minda for running the 501st booth. Realy spritzed it up from what I'd done and it realy made a difference in sales I think.

Some of the volunteers: If I missed someone I apologize.

Glen Booth Babe
    Marcello Wrangler
    Sonja Padme/ "the guy magnet"
    Mike TB
    Curtis TK
    Jen TB
    Eddie TD
    Carl and R2
    Candace Visas
    zhi-don Jedi
    Lori Jedi
    KARI Jedi
    Kim CW armor Obi-Won
    Ronnie Floyd: Wrangler
    Nikol Floyd: Jedi

Thanks again everyone, I hope you all liked the movie. At least those who stayed awake. LOL

Next event is LLCH sept 5th, then a real big day, Sept 13. Check the events calander, were gonna need bodies.

--------------------

Glen Borst
    TK/TD/TB-602
    Inland Empire XO
    SCG

13. DarthMalum

DarthMalum Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 28, 2006
    Had a blast seeing everyone again, and meeting new people, and I am really surprised I actually like the movie, not the best but the animation was great almost as good as Final Fantasy Advent Children.

14. MommyJedi

MommyJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 22, 2007
    I had a great time last night too! It was fun seeing Kari & Sonya in their new costumes! I'm glad I stayed for the movie too. I hadn't planned on staying that late, but it was fun. I laughed "at" the movie too much for the people I was sitting near, really sorry about that, but it was funny. I like Ashuka, or whatever her name was. I think she is a good character. Was completely bewildered by Jaba's uncle????? But his baby was really cute/ugly/cute, lol!

It was great that we made nearly $300 for LLCH. I hope some of you with costumes can go when the check is presented. I can't believe Gregor won the pin & the Luke statue! Best $8 buck investment ever! LOL!

Anyways, had a blast and I'm glad I went.

15. Symina

Symina Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    Pikchurs? Pikchurs? Who's got pikchurs? :cool:

16. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Sorry for the delay. I got a new book and spent the weekend with my nose in it. Didn't get much of anything else done!

Here are my pictures. Most of them were taken by Lance, my wrangler-in-training.

17. DarthMalum

Jul 28, 2006
    ah no pictures of Darth "caution" Malum

18. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Sorry, but you'll have to take that up with my photographer! Personally, here one of my favorites.

Me and my 'prize'!

[image=http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w193/ieffphotoalbum/2008%20Events%20and%20Fun/2008-08-15%20The%20Clone%20Wars/Aug2008128.jpg]

I found one in Glen's pictures. Here ya go!

[image=http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s228/TK-602/Clone%20Wars/100_0690.jpg]

19. DarthMalum

Jul 28, 2006
    hey y'all that's me.

20. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    TV show starts 2nite on cartoon network.

21. Symina

Nov 8, 2006
    Ooh! Thanks for the reminder!

22. HanChewie

HanChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2006
    I really liked it. Looking forward to seeing more of the shows. I missed the first one since I just got off work, but it will be repeated on Sunday so I can watch both of them. Yes I did watch the other one. Missed the one with Yoda in it.

23. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Went over to a friends house. The whole family are SW fans, including the 5 and 7 year old boys. It was great to be able to talk about what was happening and other SW things with a bunch of people that didn't look at me like I'd lost my mind. I'm sure all of you totally understand that!

24. jangosmom

jangosmom Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2005
    The animation is incredible. The droids are a little annoying, but we liked it.

25. Symina

Nov 8, 2006
    GAH! I forgot! I'm glad that you mentioned it'll be on again on Sunday, Sandy! Time to set that Tivo!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.