main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars The Clone Wars VideoGame Tie In Thingy of Doom

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by ZanderSolo, May 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    http://wii.ign.com/articles/877/877779p1.html

According to IGN we are getting a Wii/Ds title for the release of the Clone Wars.

Here's hoping Wii gets a full-on action-swingarific LS Gam.

2. WookieeWarrior9

WookieeWarrior9 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 5, 2007
    I'm assuming this is the Clone Wars game we heard about years ago, the one that would be the first handheld game to be developed by LucasArts. Either way, I'm glad because I have a Wii and a DS.

3. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    The Clone Wars animation would make sense for the wii given it's graphic style. And hopefully we'll have even more lightsaber control then force unleashed as this one is Nintendo only.

I am very curious what the storyline could be about.

4. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    The Wii-version of TFU doesn't have much to do with the other versions of TFU, so I don't see how that makes any difference.

5. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Ditto here. If this new Clone Wars game is gonna give me my Lightsaber-Wiimote fix, then it looks like I might be picking up TFU for the Xbox 360, after all. Full HDMI resolution is a very luscious, tempting decision-making factor.

Wonder how radically different the DS version's gonna be, storywise, from the Wii build? If so, I can see myself grabbing both of them. If not, I'll likely just stick with the Wii incarnation.

6. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    You do realize that the Wii version of TFU isn't even the same game as the PS3 and 360 versions, right? It's not even being made by the same developer. It's going to be total crap. I get your want for a saber game for the Wii, but TFU is not the one you've been waiting for.

7. Leto II

Jan 23, 2000
    It's more the alternate level-content for the Wii TFU that I had in mind, there -- although there was a recent hands-on of the Wiimote controls in last week or so on G4, and they gave it high marks, as did IGN last month.

That said, the Xbox 360 version is the one I've been leaning more towards from the beginning anyhow, but calling the Wii version "crap" is a bit premature until we see the final build.

8. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Anyone notice this:

IGN:

[image=http://wiimedia.ign.com/wii/image/article/877/877779/clone-wars-coming-to-wii-and-ds-20080529024140295-000.jpg]
    Rebelscum:

[image=http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2008/100_3394.jpg]

9. Vengance1003

Vengance1003 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 4, 2006
    Well, it looks like Lucasarts is give the Wii a time to shine here.

10. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    I'm not to sure how I feel about this game right now. I don't know how I feel about a SW game exclusively to Nintendo. Xbox has always been one of the main consoles with SW games. Although Im pumped for the show, Im not a big fan of the animation style of the show, let alone the video game.

But, it's more star wars, so bring it on.

11. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    [image=http://www.lovefilm.com/lovefilm/images/products/2/59292-large.jpg]

12. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
  13. _Sublime_Skywalker_

May 8, 2004
    Yeah Rogue Squadron was amazing, but I was never a big fan of Bounty Hunters. I can see this game being very toned down for children. Once we see the first screenshot, or the first clip, I'll know how I feel about it. I imagine it'll handle the lightsaber remote better than TFU is rumoured to have.

14. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    Bounty Hunter Came out on the PS2 too

15. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    The website just redirects to the main Star Wars website.

16. Psycho_Sith

Psycho_Sith Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2003
    word!
    I'll check out the Wii Clone Wars game...gamefly is a wonderful thing.

17. JediKnight20043

JediKnight20043 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 18, 2004

Winner.

18. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Placeholder page is up;

http://www.clonewarsgame.com

[image=http://www.lucasarts.com/img/games/theclonewars/theclonewars.jpg]

19. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    I was really sad when I saw Star Wars+Game+Tie in the title and it wasn't an announcement for a certain game.

20. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I don't think "always". Up until KOTOR came out, it pretty only had PS2 and GCN game ports and one terrible exclusive. GCN had the better SW library on the whole, so it's not really that out of place for there to be a Wii exclusive now.

21. Leto II

Jan 23, 2000
    Hmmm...I might have to disagree with your assessment there, 2nd, of the GCN having the superior overall SW library. From my experience, here's how the two libraries stack up, side-by-side:

Xbox:
    Knights of the Old Republic
    Knights of the Old Republic II
    Republic Commando
    Jedi Outcast
    Jedi Academy
    Starfighter: Special Edition
    Jedi Starfighter
    The Clone Wars
    Battlefront
    Battlefront II
    Revenge of the Sith
    LEGO Star Wars
    LEGO Star Wars II
    Obi-Wan
    (a major, dripping, pus-filled melanoma-blemish on the record of humanity, granted)

GameCube
    Rogue Leader
    Rebel Strike
    The Clone Wars
    Bounty Hunter
    Jedi Outcast
    Jedi Academy
    LEGO Star Wars
    LEGO Star Wars II

I mean, make no mistake, I still loves me some GCN Star Wars-action bigtime, and the two Rogue Squadron games are probably the best SW console spaceship sim-shooters there are, no question; but the Xbox has it all over the 'Cube when you factor in the Knights of the Old Republics, Republic Commando, the Battlefronts, et cetera. Wonderful exclusives, particularly if you also didn't own a PS2 at the same time, and/or weren't a PC-gamer.

Both systems boasted games like The Clone Wars and the Jedi Outcast series, but if you had an Xbox, it also further obviated the need to buy a PS2 to get your Starfighter-fix in.

Double-win, right there.

When you automatically drop out overlapping titles such as The Clone Wars, the Kyle Katarn games, and the LEGO games, most of which exist on all three major consoles, you still need an Xbox -- again, assuming you're not a PC-gamer -- to get the full Star Wars console experience. (Racer Revenge excluded, obviously.)

(Obi-Wan gives breast cancer to passing Chihuahuas no matter how you tally it, though, so let's please expunge it from the collective memory of mankind.)

22. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    I take it im the only person alive that loved SW:eek:bi-Wan then?

23. _Sublime_Skywalker_

May 8, 2004
    I liked the game but it wasn't all it could've been. By the box, I thought it might have been post TPM because of Obi Wan with the green saber.

Also, the guy who did Obi's voice was terrible. When I beat the game and it went into that "Trainspotting" esque Star Wars rant about "Who needs reasons when you've got a lightsaber"....

... I almost cried inside. I love SW and I love trainspotting, but the two just DONT mix.

24. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    To clarify my comments: XB's library was weak up until KOTOR's release (KOTOR KOTOR 2, RC, ROTS, BF2, LSW, LSW2). Up until then, the XB SW library consisted of Obi-Wan being it's sole, very poor, exclusive. The Starfighter games, while good, had been available on PS2 for some time, and Clone Wars, also average, didn't come to XB until well after the GCN/PS2 release. Only Battlefront & Jedi Outcast came out for XB at the same time as other platforms (PC not withstanding).

In that same time frame, GCN had 1 AAA exclusive with Rogue Leader, 1 average exclusive with Rebel Strike, 1 decent simultaneous XB crossplatform title with JO and 2 average simultaneous PS2 crossplatform titles with BH & CW.

PS2 hit a middle ground- 2 average initial-exclusives (SF & JSF), 1 forgettable exclusive (Racer Revenge) and 3 average cross-platform simultaneous releases (BF, BH & CW).

Once KOTOR hit, and Halo 2's sales made the install base viable, Xbox started getting a rush at the end of it's life cycle with 2 top exclusives (KOTOR 2 & RC) and 2 crossplatform simultaneous releases (ROTS & BF2). (LEGO SW is on every damn platform imagineable so that's a wash across the board). And even then, having a PC in addition to a GCN or PS2 pretty much rendered the XB's title selection redundant. Considering that potential/likely setup for a fan, I think the GCN comes out as the clear winner in terms of exclusives not even available for PC, since you're basically left with RL/RS vs either Obi-Wan or SF/JSF/RR.

However, if one is looking at it as a console-only approach, then the XB did have the best selection, in the end. But it was definitely lagging behind the others for most of it's life-cycle, thus wasn't "always" the best platform for SW titles. It could be considered that at the end, but it's highly conditional.

25. Leto II

Jan 23, 2000
    Ah, I see what you were getting at, now. It's cool. [face_peace]

In that breakdown, I was deliberately handicapping more in favor of a non-PC-owning, non-PS2-owning gamer, but it's true that there exists a fair bit of title-overlap (the Knights of the Old Republics, the Kyle Katarns, et al) if that's factored in.

Agree about the Rogue Squadrons being the sole console-exclusives on either side...or rather, the sole console-exclusives that don't make one chew open one's antecubital arteries to make the pain stop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.