main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars The Clone Wars VideoGame Tie In Thingy of Doom

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by ZanderSolo, May 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HemDazon90

HemDazon90 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 4, 2008
    my first star wars game and i loved it till this day

2. Psycho_Sith

Psycho_Sith Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2003
    Probably just you & Hem

3. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    In an article at Venture Beat the first details on the Clone Wars games for Wii and DS were revealed;
    Also it was confirmed that Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings is still in production, "a source inside the company confirmed that the original Indiana Jones game, which was first shown at E3 2006, is still moving forward with some of the development team from The Force Unleashed."

Update: More info and a screenie etc at this IGN interview.

4. Vengance1003

Vengance1003 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 4, 2006
    Why would the Singapore studio do the game when they have Lucasarts to do it? Doesn't seem to make much sense.

5. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    I had my doubts about this game, but I thought that it would just be "The Clone Wars" for both platforms. Plus, looking at that screenshot you could almost swear it was really from the show. I guess because the show is CGI the games will benefit from that. Plus, I am a sucker for lightsaber duels...

6. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    The Singapore studio IS LucasArts (Hendheld Division).

See this, this and this.

7. Vengance1003

Vengance1003 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 4, 2006
    Well that makes a bunch of sense now. Then it seems good that Lucasarts isn't outsourcing.

8. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    I liked Star Wars: Obi-Wan, too. So there's 4 of us. :p

9. Ceth_Jonuck

Ceth_Jonuck Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2006
    SW: Obi-Wan was the reason I bought an xbox back in the day to be honest. "Obi-wan" rocked IMHO.

10. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Trailer;

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/35358.html

11. _Sublime_Skywalker_

May 8, 2004
    Hmm... I wonder how they'll handle the combo's, would it be like a hold the A button and swing or what.

The graphics look pretty good, but I guess because the show is CGI that made their job a little easier.

12. LordSilvertouch

LordSilvertouch Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2003
    Don't underestimate the Wii. It may not be as big and sparkly as PS3 or, to a lesser extent, 360, but when handled right it can still have pretty awesome graphics. It's just developers who underestimate the console and put all of their graphical efforts into the admittedly more powerful Sony/Microsoft consoles.

For proof of Wii's power, see Super Mario Galaxy or Metroid Prime 3. Nintendo knows what its Wii can do, so it makes games which wouldn't look out of place on the more powerful consoles.

13. _Sublime_Skywalker_

May 8, 2004
    Oh, I knew the Wii's graphics were powerful the first time I played twilight princess.

What I meant was that the games graphics looks almost identical to the show. As if you can't tell the difference between the two of them.

14. LordSilvertouch

LordSilvertouch Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2003
    True. And I guess you're right, it does help that it has a cartoony style as too.

My only concern right now for the Wii game is that it appears to simply be a beat-em-up but with lightsabers rather than an actual game with lightsabre fights. Has anyone got proof of a one-player story mode anywhere in the game?

15. _Sublime_Skywalker_

May 8, 2004
    Nope, theres only been like two interviews revolving around this game IIRC. Both are very vague.

I interpreted it as a beat-em-up lightsaber game, too. But IF they were to have a one player story mode I'm guessing like the original Super Smash Brothers. Kinda like running from place to place dueling the bad guys. But I'm most likely wrong.

16. Psycho_Sith

Aug 3, 2003
    it looks like an arena-style fighter...if it is then I'll stick to renting it.

17. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    One of the reasons I bought the Xbox was because of the better SW games. But I won't be buying a Wii for this. I'm not too bothered about missing out - the movie looks meh.

18. Psycho_Sith

Aug 3, 2003
    Same reason for originally buying an XBox here, but the Wii is a damn good system regardless.
    At least my 9 yo son is looking forward to this game I guess.

19. _Sublime_Skywalker_

May 8, 2004
    Newest update on TFN-

The cover of the upcomming lightsaber duels game.

[image=http://www.collectinghq.com/im/0013856.jpg]

20. _Sublime_Skywalker_

May 8, 2004
    Double posting, thought I'd throw in the preview from E3 thats on TFN

http://e3.g4tv.com/e32008/videos/26962/Star_Wars_Clone_Wars_Announced_For_Wii.html

Looks pretty damn good, if I may say so myself.

21. I_AM_GEEK

I_AM_GEEK Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 5, 2004
    [image=http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc70/Geektechboy/star-wars-the-clone-wars-lightsaber.jpg]

IGN has played the wii Clone Wars lightsaber game.

It might not suck, but I'll need to see more before deciding if I actually want to buy it

22. _Sublime_Skywalker_

May 8, 2004
    The characters in that shot look great, but anyone else thing the Gunship and the background looks a little, n64-ish? Not that theres anything wrong with that..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.