main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Star Wars- The Crystal Kingdoms

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Low-Ki, Apr 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Low-Ki

Low-Ki Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2004
    Star Wars: The Crystal Kingdoms

Prologue:

The New Republic has been going strong. (I don?t follow the EU too much, so I?m saying the good guys won. If any people I use are dead then I?m amending history. Deal with it.) But lately there has been unrest. Several terror attacks have struck major star-systems such as Coruscant and Corellia. A group known as the Red Ascension has claimed responsibility for the attacks, but the Republic, as well as the Jedi Order have been unsuccessful in any of their investigations.

The latest attack took place in the newest shopping district of Corellia. An apparently unmanned ship crashed itself into the central area of the district, killing thousands in the crash and ensuing string of explosions. Almost immediately the Red Ascension claimed responsibility in a cryptic message.

The Gods will fall. Towers will burn and the Red shall rise. This is only the beginning. Corellia and Coruscant are only the first. Those who see the light shall be spared. This is your only warning.

The Jedi found a lead however, amongst the wreckage. The droid starship that crashed was traced to a bounty Hunter, Maol Tangos, a humanoid wanted on seven systems. The Jedi immediately sent out one of their knights, Jador Manson, to investigate and track the illusive bounty hunter.

After a month without contact from the Knight, the Order received a pair of hands. Testing revealed them to be Manson?s. After heavy deliberation, the counsel decided to send out Kyam Dumar, Manson?s former padawan and newly promoted knight, to take up the search?

It was late. The halls of the new Jedi Temple were dark and silent, void of activity. Kyam Dumar sat in his quarters, his bags packed, meditating. Jedi Master Luke Skywalker stood in the young knight?s doorway, watching silently. He could feel Kyam?s trepidation. He could feel the unsure ness. This was understandable, as Kyam was only seventeen years old, but it was unacceptable for a Jedi Knight nonetheless.

?Kyam.? He said softly. The young man was not startled, he had sensed the masters presence in the doorway. He opened his eyes and turned to Skywalker.

?Yes master?? His voice was calm but Skywalker could tell he was nervous.

?Are you ready?? Skywalker asked him.

?Yes? I think so.? Dumar said. ?Just nervous. Are you sure the counsel approves of me taking this assignment?? he asked.

?They are. But if you don?t want it?? the Jedi master trailed off.

?I do. It?s just? If Master Mason fell to this guy, or these guys, can I succeed?? Kyam asked, looking at the Master, his face unreadable to normal men, but full of questions to the Jedi.

?Trust your training and your instincts. You are very talented. You have a strong connection to the Force. Let that guide you, and you will be more than fine. I, and the entire counsel see great things in your future. But first you must learn to trust the Force. And yourself.? Skywalker said, putting his hand on the Young Knight?s shoulder. Kyam looked into Skywalker?s eyes and was suddenly reassured. He nodded.

?I?ll be back soon.? He said, grabbing his bag.

?May the Force be with you Kyam.? Luke said.

Kyam walked down the dark, silent hallways to the hangar, where his modified X-Wing starfighter was waiting for him. He saw Ja?lik, the Twi?lek who ran the hangar at night and signaled he was ready to go.

?It?s all qued up for ya boss!? He shouted to Kyam. Kyam nodded and climbed in. He began the ignition sequence with the help of his R2 Unit droid and closed his eyes. He concentrated all of his energy on his mission, putting worry and fear out of his mind. He was a Jedi now. It was up to him.

He checked the last known location of his former master and punched it into the navacomputer and began to lift off. As he sailed into the stars, Courscant?s silhouette behind him, he knew he was in for something. He could feel it in the force?

2. Low-Ki

Apr 6, 2004
    Star Wars- The Crystal Kingdoms

Chapter 1- Of Towering Spires and Crystal Peaks?

The Republic did not know of Krysillia. It was a small planet that orbited a small star on the edge of the Outer Rim, near the Unknown Regions. It had no knowledge of flight, not even a rudimentary one, let alone extra-terrestrial or hyper drive capable. Ships never came around their system, so this knowledge never came.

They were a Monarchial society, where one royal family had ruled the kingdom that encompassed nearly the entire Pangea of their planet, for over seven hundred years. The current king, Laronat had ruled peacefully for over thirty years. His daughter, Jasmyne was the most beautiful maiden in the entire kingdom. (Had they known of other planets, she may well have been the most beautiful in the entire quadrant, perhaps even galaxy.)

But Jasmyne was unhappy in her royal existence. Her life was dull. She lived each day the same as the last and the next. Her life had become a nexus of routine and monotony. She hated living in the Royal Palace. (How could I neglect the Palace this long? My apologies, noble reader?)

The Palace was a place of unrivaled beauty. No place on their planet could begin to rival their palace. It was built atop the tallest hill of the Central (or Royal) district. It was built of solid Garath stone, which was a pure white, almost clear stone indigenous to the planet. (If they had intersystem travel, it would be their main export) It was huge, vast, including well over a hundred rooms. It contained bedrooms for all the servants, multiple for the Royal family, and three libraries, where the history and lore of Krysillia was kept. At each corner of the Rectangular palace there were towering spires of the purest crystal. They rose to the clouds, so high that if you stood on the ground and looked up you could not even see their peaks. If you stood in the rooms at each peak you could see for many miles around. These rooms, or Telath were the only places where Jasmyne found peace. The only places she really liked.

She would spend as much time there as she could. Granted that was not much, as her busy schedules of various niceties and duties did not grant her much free time. But she would sit there and look out at her Fathers kingdom, a kingdom that would one day be hers. She would dream of what lays beyond it?s borders, and above. She would find herself drawn to the sky. She would look up at the clear blue sky and think of the day someone would come down from the clouds and save her from this place.

But she knew this was simply fantasy. She knew each day she was fated to wake up and brush her dark black hair from her clear blue eyes and sigh. She knew each day would just blur into the next. It saddened her. But she had resigned to the fact that?s the way things are.

Or at least the way things were.

That fateful day began like all the others for Jasmyne. She awoke in her bedchamber and walked to her bath. Afterwards she dressed in a light, yellow dress and walked to the dining hall for hear morning meal.

?Hello Mathie.? She greeted her maid and overseer. The old lady smiled kindly at her.

? ?Lo my? dear.? She said warmly. ?What?chu got plan?d t?day?? She asked in her southern accent. She was a kindly old lady, and had been Jasmyne?s nanny since her birth.

?I think I?m going to take a stroll in the garden. It?s looks like such a beautiful day, it?d be a shame to miss out on it. Father is away, besides. Nothing at all to do.? She said softly. She was looking out the window into the gardens. The sun was just peaking up over the tall trees.

Mathie smiled warmly at her. ?Have fun dearie.?

?Would you like to come with me Mathie? It?d be a nice break for you.? Jasmyne asked, brushing her long hair from her eyes and taking a bite of a fruit.

?No, thank?ya dearie. I?ve got t?much t?do. Have fun.? She said.

Jasmyne finished her breakfast (the finest on planet, of course) and headed to the gardens.

The gardens were (and still are, for that matter) a place of tr

3. Lady_WinterCelchu

Lady_WinterCelchu Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Ok Interesting start. Caryy on please you will won't you?

4. Low-Ki

Apr 6, 2004
    yea i am.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.