main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars the Early Adventures

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The_Prophet1, Jan 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Prophet1

The_Prophet1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 20, 2005
    I have some questions about the comics Star Wars the Early Adventures which take place immediately after the battle for yavin: in issue 6 a scientist from kessel builds a ship that can modify a planet's weather, he is forced by the empire to destroy rebel controled planets. He submits and finally he is forced to attack kessel, his homeworld. Here is where the questions start: wasn't kessel an imperial slave world, how come is it controled by rebels? and why does the scientist's daughter say it is a beatiful world, i thought it was a barren desert world fulled with mines and labor camps? In these comics the alliance's base is still on yavin 4 even after the battle for yavin, wasn't Yavin 4 occupied by vader's troops and general Dodonna captured? Also the comics show many imperial officers who are non-human, i thought the empire was discriminating non humans.

2. Zarm_Rkeeg

Zarm_Rkeeg Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2003
    Uh... the weather station had already wreaked too much damage, and the climate was ruined. The Empire bought the entire panet, cheap, as a slave-labor world. Yay for ret-coning!;)

3. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Kessel... well, we'll just take her word for it that it was beautiful. ;)

>>>In these comics the alliance's base is still on yavin 4 even after the battle for yavin, wasn't Yavin 4 occupied by vader's troops and general Dodonna captured?<<<

The Rebels stayed on Yavin 4 for quite a while after the battle. Vader only formally attacked it after the Executor was ready.

4. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    God, those old strips were awful.

5. The_Prophet1

The_Prophet1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 20, 2005
    Yeah they are really ugly and they have many coninuity errors.

6. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The stuff in Classic SW (the non-Early Adventure ones, at least) were actually pretty decent (far superior to the campy, and pantless, Marvel titles of the same era).

7. darth-ermac

darth-ermac Jedi Master star 1

Sep 26, 2001
    Russ Manning's stories were a bit campy, but not too bad really.

8. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    Technically speaking, it is the more recent (but better liked) stuff that has the continuity errors. This stuff was written first, therefore any continuity errors are the fault of other authors/editors.

9. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003

[face_laugh]

As much as I hate to admit it, this has to be the most true statement on this thread so far.

10. JarJarStink

JarJarStink Jedi Master star 1

Dec 15, 2003
    I like the Classic Star Wars strips. As campy as they are atleast they didn't have a lepus carnivorous! [face_alien_1] Plus with a good shoe horn and enough bantha poo doo anything can be made to fit into continuity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.