main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Prairie Star Wars: The Evil Within - A Winnipeg Based FanFilm

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Paxton_Tremane, Dec 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paxton_Tremane

Paxton_Tremane Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2002
    Hello Fellow Star Wars Fans,

A long time ago (in a galaxy... nevermind) I posted on here concerning the creation of a Winnipeg Based Fan Film.

Well I am back and happy to report that the film is in the can and currently undergoing editing and special effects.

We are set to have a local Premier March 19th 2005 and of course it shall be released online. We are very excited to bring this feature length fan film to the fans.

Although this project was a grueling 3 year process with nearly 100 volunteer cast and crew members and we faced many adversities, the end result will be well worth the many headaches and hassles. Filmed at many locations here in Winnipeg and the surrounding areas and on several custom built sets and greenscreens we have accomplished the unthinkable.

For more info and lots of cool media check out the official website for Star Wars: The Evil Within at www.theevilwithin.com

2. mcginitys

mcginitys Jedi Youngling

Dec 29, 2004
    As one of the actors of the film, I must say that althought the film had a very small budget, the amount of help we received from various individuals who devoted their time and talent to the project was phenomenal. The movie is full-length, not some 10 short. It's amazing the amount of detail in the script alone. You all will be pleasantly surprised when it hits the net.

3. abodeofthedamned

abodeofthedamned Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 30, 2004
    I have to admit it was a long, hard haul, but it was also a blast. I am the key make-up artist on the film, as well as having played Siffian and Darth Animus.
    Looking back, it was one of the most stressful times of my life, but damn if it wasn't also one of the most fun periods as well.
    We're still in post with a few minor re-shoots scheduled for mid to late January 2005. Another long-LONG weekend of balls to the wall shooting.
    I can't wait!

4. tyler2_97

tyler2_97 Jedi Youngling

Nov 29, 2004
    if any help is needed, let me know. i'm always available for star wars.

5. Woneeka

Woneeka Jedi Youngling

Jan 2, 2005
    Just letting you know as a member of The Evil Within cast - what a dedicated crew this was to work with. I had a blast and have got hooked on the film industry because of the experience. This film will be definitely worth the wait because Clayton won't settle for mediocrity or anything less than the best (that's why he picked me as a cast member :)). Please Star Wars Fans, support this tremendous effort by getting out to see this film. March 19 - mark it on your calendar.

6. Paxton_Tremane

May 10, 2002
    The Evil Within has been UNLEASHED!!!!

Well.... in trailer form anyways.

Yes head over to the official website and download our official teaser off of our MEDIA Page. Plus the look of our site has changed to.

Featured on our NEWS section is an article about our very own Ward Massner and his role in the new Robin William's movie "The Big White".

Be sure to sign up for our own Forum and chat with the Cast and Crew of Star Wars: The Evil Within.

Hope to hear your comments about the new teaser very soon!

7. Paxton_Tremane

May 10, 2002
    Hey Everybody

Still working on the problem on the site....

However I have found a loop hole! The file has been uploaded to the website....

Large Teaser Trailer

Please remember to right-click the above link and "save target as..."

Also if anyone knows how I could convince the powers that be on THEFORCE.NET to host this for me....

I would be ever so grateful

8. Paxton_Tremane

May 10, 2002
    Hey All,

Star Wars: The Evil Within is shooting some pickup scenes this coming Saturday and the following Saturday at a local new media studio. This will be your last couple of chances to be apart of this amazing independant project. As always helpful hands on set are always useful and you may even end up being an extra in this Feature Length Star Wars Fan Film.

W1-18, Red River College
    160 Princess Street (Corner of Princess and William)
    MAP

SCHEDULE:
    Saturday 22nd - 8:00am arrival
    - 8am - 8:30am Cast/Crew Meeting and Setup
    - 8:30am - 11am Makeup
    - 11am - 2pm Shooting "Final Duel Sequence"
    - 2pm - 3pm Additional Makeup
    - 4pm - 7pm Shooting "Final Duel Sequence"
    - 7pm - 8pm Dinner Break/Additional Makeup
    - 8pm - 11pm Shooting "Final Duel Sequence"
    - 11pm - 11:30pm Clean-Up

Saturday 29th - 8:00am arrival
    - 8am - 8:30am Cast/Crew Meeting and Setup
    - 8:30am - 10am Makeup
    - 10am - 2pm Shooting "Walk-bys/Crowd Sequences"
    - 2pm - 4pm Additional Makeup
    - 4pm - 7pm Shooting "Additional Nar Da'uul Scenes"
    - 7pm - 8pm Dinner Break/Additional Makeup
    - 8pm - 11pm Extras Shooting "Additional Paxton Scenes/Dialogue"
    - 11pm - 11:30pm Clean-Up

If you are a Cast Member needed for either of these days, you will be contacted by email and by our Production Manager Ward Massner. These will be extremely long days due to the limited amount of time we have in the space. Cast and Crew in attendance will be encouraged to bring snacks and drinks for the day, although a meal will be provided as well as the usual coffee and donuts! If you are not contacted to attend, you are not required to be on set however we always welcome more helping hands and encourage cast and crew to come down and say hi.

9. Paxton_Tremane

May 10, 2002
    THE RAMADA MARLBOROUGH & CLAYTON T. STEWART
    present the
    STAR WARS: THE EVIL WITHIN WORLD PREMIER WEEKEND
    March 19th & 20th 2005
    Charity Screenings
    Ramada Entertainment Center, Garry Street
    (formerly the Garrick Theater)
    ALL Tickets $5.00
    with proceeds going to the Winnipeg Humane Society

Saturday March 19th
    - Limo arrivals start at 5:30pm (1st show tickets admitted only)
    - Press Interviews on The Red Carpet 5:30pm - 6:30pm
    - Hor D'Oeurves served at 6:30pm
    ***Concession Stand and Cash Bar also Available***

1) 7:00pm showing

- Doors open to the public at 9:00pm (2nd show tickets admitted only)
    - Cast Autograph Session (open to the public) 9:00pm - 9:30pm
    - Concession Stand and Cash Bar Available

2) 9:30pm showing

Sunday March 20th
    - Doors open to the public at 12:00pm (3rd show tickets admitted only)
    - Concession Stand Available

3) 1:00pm showing

- Doors open to the public at 3:00pm (4th show tickets admitted only)

4) 4:00pm showing

- Doors open to the public at 6:30pm (5th show tickets admitted only)

5) 7:00pm showing

- Doors open to the public at 9:00pm (6th show tickets admitted only)

6) 9:30pm showing

The Ramada Entertainment Center holds 672 people per showing and features digital video projection and digital surround sound. For more information on how to get your tickets please contact me at tickets@theevilwithin.com

10. Paxton_Tremane

May 10, 2002
    Hello All!

Due to the HUGE demand for the Trailer, my website's transfer rate for the next couple of months just went out the window!

So in response I have had to take the trailer off of my server so this won't cost me so much per day!

Fortunately, the guys at Media Circus Design have agreed to host the trailer and you can find it here....

Large Teaser Trailer

So keep enjoying the tease and let us know what you think!

11. Paxton_Tremane

May 10, 2002
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

TUESDAY, MARCH 1ST, 2005

UMFM 101.5, SWEET SPOT PRODUCTIONS AND CLAYTON T. STEWART PRESENT STAR WARS: THE EVIL WITHIN, A FAN FILM WORLD PREMIERE ON MARCH 19TH AND 20TH, 2005 AT THE RAMADA CONFERENCE AND ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE IN DOWNTOWN WINNIPEG.

On Saturday, March 19th and Sunday, March 20th, The Ramada Marlborough Hotel will host the very first showings of this locally produced fan film at The Ramada Conference and Entertainment Centre (formerly the Garrick Theatres), 330 Garry Street.

Conceived by Director/Producer Clayton T. Stewart upon viewing a number of fan films on the internet, Star Wars: The Evil Within is unique in that it is a full length movie with an original script, characters and soundtrack, something that has never been done in the Star Wars fan film world.

What is a fan film? It is a film made using proprietary logos, characters and themes with the permission of the copyright holder for the sole purpose of showcasing the talents of the people involved in its production. All of the cast and crew are volunteers and are not remunerated for their participation in the film. In this case, permission was granted by Lucas Films Ltd. and all net proceeds from ticket sales will be donated to the Winnipeg Humane Society.

Clayton has been fortunate to have had ongoing support from the community at large including permission to shoot at the Manitoba Legislature, Video Pool, Trapiste Monastery in St. Norbert, and the new $30 million television studio at Red River College's Princess Street campus. The Graffiti Gallery deserves special mention for offering its sub-basement to build, shoot and store sets during production and the Harlots kindly donated their 'cave set' which was used in making their most recent music video "The Crawl Spaces".

Jujitsu Master Sensai Eugene Starr of Starr Jujitsu Inc. handled most of the light saber and fight choreography with additional action segments and stunt doubles provided by 13th Cloud Productions, an upcoming production house specializing in martial arts and action filming.

The entire cast is comprised of local actors. The Evil Within's own Co-Producer, Ward Massner, recently appeared in 'The Big White' with Robin Williams, Holly Hunter and Woody Harrelson as the corpse that Williams steals and tries to pass off as his long-missing brother.

The crew brings a wealth of expertise to the production of the film and members of Winnipeg based progressive rock band The Antigravity Project and Sweet Spot Productions have lent their musical ear and creative vision to this project in composing original music which will be released with the DVD later this year. TAP also makes a cameo appearance in the movie as the alien rock band 'Dev Null'.

The story is complex and the action intense as we follow four Jedi Knights who try to protect an endangered Empress from a mysterious Assassin. The Jedi face this threat and help the Empress get her information to the center of the Galactic Republic, Coruscant. The subtitle "The Evil Within" is revealed in a stunning plot twist at the end of the movie which runs approximately 90 minutes in length.

With support from the community and much dedication and hard work, the cast and crew have managed to put together a film with extremely high production values for little to no budget. This team of talented individuals are hopeful that Star Wars: The Evil Within will serve as a launch pad for other work in the film and music industries.

The first viewing for cast, crew and dignitaries will be at 7:00 pm on Saturday, March 19th with Red Carpet press interviews between 5:30 and 6:30 pm. Doors open to the public at 9:00 pm with a cast autograph session from 9:00 to 9:30 pm and the first public charity viewing starting at 9:30 pm. There will be four additional viewings on March 20th at 1:00 pm, 4:00 pm, 7:00 pm and 9:30 pm.

Tickets are $5.00 with net proceeds going to the Winnipeg Humane Society and are available at the following outlets:

Winnipeg Humane Society - 5 Kent Street
    Game

12. Paxton_Tremane

May 10, 2002
    Hey Everyone,

For those thinking this Fan Film is down and out.... you couldn't be more wrong!

The Official Websitewww.theevilwithin.com has just been updated in preperation for the online release this summer.

Stay tuned!

Don't forget to sign up for the official Evil Within Forum located on the site!

We may face setbacks, but whatever doesn't kill us, makes us stronger!

13. Yodhrin

Yodhrin Jedi Youngling

Jul 29, 2005
    I guess this is following up on an old topic, but I am a star wars fan film 'fan' and I would love to see this. But its not available on your site. Well, at least none of the links work.

Star Wars Revelations was a decent fan film. I enjoyed Sins of the Jedi myself.

So long....

14. darth_Boba

darth_Boba Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 28, 2002
    If you're interested in fanfilms, there's one I'm planning on shooting this summer (well, as soon as I get the Sith Apprentice cast of course).

15. Yodhrin

Yodhrin Jedi Youngling

Jul 29, 2005
    I'd love to help you with the project if I can. I am a musician. i create all kinds of music from techno to classical.
    Anything I can do to help on a fan film I would love to be a part of it.
    Heck I'd even act.
    cheers

16. darth_Boba

Aug 28, 2002
    Well, If you'd like to be the Sith Apprentice, you're welcome to it. The only thing is, you'd have to be high school age and I'd need proof of your acting ability.

17. Yodhrin

Yodhrin Jedi Youngling

Jul 29, 2005
    Well heh I'm 30 so...
    Can you give me an idea of what it is about? Is it 'classic' star wars, or a spoof?

18. darth_Boba

Aug 28, 2002
    Well, it's not set in the Star Wars universe, but is still a Star Wars fanfilm.

If you watch PA wars and Duel of the Fakes, you'll get an idea of what it's like (although it's a tad more serious and adds some more Star Wars tech [better {not plastic} lightsabers, costumes]).

19. Yodhrin

Yodhrin Jedi Youngling

Jul 29, 2005
    I see...
    Doesn't seem like many fan films take Star Wars and The Force seriously. I hope you don't make a mockery of it hehe.
    I do some 3d, recently put a lightsaber effect on a friend wielding a banana. Actually looks like Dookus hilt... haha.
    Well keep me in mind if you need any help, i'm pretty versatile and could fill many rolls in your production... (unless you've got everyone and your ready to go!)
    I'm looking at getting a Canon XL2 camera by the end of the year, possible sooner. I wanted to also start my own production. It has been writeen partially, based 5000 years before the republic... locations have been determined for a few scenes that have been written. (their is a back alley downtown Sask thats ideal for the slums I have written)

Do you know where someone might rent, or buy a green screen?

Cheers

20. darth_Boba

Aug 28, 2002
    Originally, my fanfilm had a lot more to with the distinction between the light and darksides, and how it related to the people using it. One of the characters went so far as to try and kill anyone who could use it (including himself) because he felt that people weren't ready for it or able to properly control it. Unfortunately, it turned out that I "borrowed" a lot of stuff from Dark Empire and decided to rewrite it. Somehow that plotline got discarded.

As for help with this particular production, I've got almost everyone I need for production (except a couple of actors), but I will most likely need help with rotoscoping when I get to it.

I'd be willing to help with your fanfilm if ever you need it.

As for green screens, I don't know where to get one, as I've never really had to use one. A friend of mine uses a blue tarp, though. Of course, It doesn't work very well. You should try asking in fanfilms. There's probably someone there who can tell you.

21. Yodhrin

Yodhrin Jedi Youngling

Jul 29, 2005
    I do like that idea, to bad its not gonna work for ya! :(

I've been looking at the history of Star Wars and their are many areas missing. Of course the Old Republic was introduced, and that is kind of where I am putting my stories.
    I've thought of introducing Dathomirian witches as well.. film it in drumheller or something. :D
    I'll definitely keep you posted, but probably won't be for a while yet... everyone is so busy with 'real life'.

22. darth_Boba

Aug 28, 2002
    I was actually camping last weekend in drumheller, but I thought it looked more like Dantooine.

[image=http://www.geog.ubc.ca/~kujala/images/drumheller.jpg] [image=http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00006IR62.01.PT01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg]

The idea of including Dathomir witches is interesting, though. Would you be able to give me a rundown of what you've got so far?

23. Paxton_Tremane

May 10, 2002
    Hey Everyone,

Here's the Latest Scoop on STAR WARS: The Evil Within.....

WEBSITE UPDATE

Check out The Official Website for News and Media updates....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Park Theatre and Movie Cafe

What is it?
    You might have read about it in the newspaper, perhaps saw something on the news, or even heard about it on the radio, but what is "The Park Theatre and Movie Cafe"?
    "The Park Theatre and Movie Cafe" is a warm community meeting place, where one can sit and enjoy a gourmet coffee and desserts. Wait for the next movie or event to begin. Have a big tub of popcorn and watch second run movies, on the big screen. Or where you can rent your favorite DVD movies of all genres.

So you own a theatre... Well are you going to show movies or what?
    Of all the questions that we hear on a daily basis, this has got to be the most asked question. Are we going to show movies?
    The quick and simple answer is yes. Although we have completely rebuilt the front, expanding the lobby to accommodate a larger waiting area, a place to enjoy gourmet desserts and coffee's and space for DVD rentals, we have taken great effort to maintain the look and feel of the theatre itself.
    The theatre will seat 266 people and have a 20+ foot diagonal screen. We are installing state of the art digital projection equipment, and a sound system that our sound guy simple puts "Would rattle your teeth at full volume, yet be clear enough to hear the shell casing hit the lobby floor in The Matrix."

Of course the next question is always..."What kind of movies are you going to show?"
    Well simply put. All types. We plan to showcase local talent, play documentaries, foreign films, independent movies, old classics, our own personal favorites and kids movies.
    To this end Erick Cassleman, owner of Park Theater Video has already agreed to do a Theatrical run of STAR WARS: The Evil Within. Exact details are yet to be worked out, but The Evil Within should start its' BIG screen run at the end of October/early November. Of course, showtimes and dates will be available on www.theevilwithin.com
    We are also working out the legalities of having copies of The Evil Within for rent with proceeds going to local charities.The Online release of The Evil Within will coincide with this theatrical run. We are currently building our own server to host all the video media of STAR WARS: The Evil Within 24h/7 days a week. So keep checking in as the film's release is imminent!!

24. Jedi_Ranger_007

Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2004
    Got any updates regarding DVD or download(s) for this project?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.