main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books A/V Star Wars: The Force Awakens Incredible Cross Sections

Discussion in 'Literature' started by King of Alsakan, Sep 30, 2015.

1. King of Alsakan

King of Alsakan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2007
    Star Wars: The Force Awakens Incredible Cross Sections by Jason Fry (Author) & Kemp Remillard (Illustrator)

Place Holder Cover:
    [​IMG]

Description form Amazon.com:

Description from DK Books:

Very excited for this one. I absolutely love the incredible cross section book line. The original ones from the 90's definitely influenced me to become an engineer.

Hopefully we are in for some great illustrations, technical info, and some interesting tidbits about the state of the Galaxy. I know I really liked that some of the Legends ICS's had random non-technical facts as well, like introducing the Commissar's of Grizmallt, the Arch-Provost of Rendili, or the destruction of Pammant. :)

2. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    I wonder how incredible the cross-sections will be this time.

BobaMatt, Ulicus , Zorrixor and 3 others like this.
  3. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    For the kid me the old ones were incredible. Wow, the Falcon doesn't have a toilet! (I think I spent some time trying to find them on every ship like a weird Wally game.) And Jabba has to board his barge through the cargo door.

4. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

Well they would be hard pressed to be less accurate and even less interesting than the ones for Ep 2 and 3 ;)

blackmyron likes this.
  5. FTeik

FTeik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 7, 2000
    How many bucks are you willing to bet, that the FirstOrder-TIE will be powered by solar-paneels?

Well, what do you expect when the technical details got edited out?

AdmiralWesJanson likes this.
  6. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    I can see how two books filled with technical info can get boring if you expect a technical guide, yes. :p

Wonder how much info about OT vehicles we'll get, from retroactive mentioning of the newer models. There are no canon OT or Prequel ICS anymore.

King of Alsakan likes this.
  7. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Fortunately, the Owner's Manual to the Millennium Falcon fixed that. :p

8. King of Alsakan

Nov 25, 2007
    Official cover is up, looks good:
    [​IMG]

9. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    Strange to see a new artist for this. Got used to the older drawings, but I guess everything has to be CGI these days.

10. King of Alsakan

Nov 25, 2007
    Bad link on my part, & I know its been out, but still real pretty to look at. Got to compare it against the T-65:

[​IMG]

Sarge, AusStig and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  11. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    Finally had a chance to look at this today. (And by "look at this" I mean stare transfixed at the awesome new details.) You don't see much of the exterior of Han's new freighter in the film, so it was neat to get a real sense of the scale and nature of it. The details on the Resistance transport shuttle were also interesting.

Loved all the Legends references in the callouts too. I spotted winks to the Han Solo Adventures, Scoundrel's Luck, and possibly Courtship of Princess Leia. Did that book establish that the Falcon's galley was expanded as a wedding gift to Leia? Couldn't remember.

TC

12. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Update: moderately incredible.

13. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015
    The Finalizer is my favorite section. :D

14. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    I was actually a little surprised they didn't tuck a gravity well projector into that thing just for lols.

DarthSienna and Karl0413 like this.
  15. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015

Nah, that is for the SSD we are getting in Episode VIII. [face_mischief]

Tzizvvt78 likes this.
  16. Aphra

Aphra Jedi Master star 2

Feb 4, 2015
    I've always liked Star Wars cross-section books. I used to read the TPM one at the library all the time as a kid. Looking forward to checking out this book in a few days when I get it as a Christmas gift from my brother. He told me about it because he doesn't care about surprises, or, coincidentally, fun and joy.

17. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    edit: yeah, let's not do this. We already had a bunch of pics of the VD posted while I was still hiding from spoilers, can we not do that with the other books too?

18. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    I imagine someone's going to object to just posting like half the book online.

19. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Waiting for mine to arrive from Amazon (along with Funko Sweetie Belle, Criminal minds S4, and 3 more CR-90s for Armada since they were a $7.20 addon each)
    Looked at it at Barnes and Noble though. I do love how they did the falcon at 180 degrees from the old one, so we get a fuller view. Wish they would have put in the SB-AT walker in there. I want to learn more about that, instead of the quadjumper, or full page photos.

20. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Does anyone know if Starkiller Base is in there?

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  21. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    It was from the Amazon preview, FYI!

CooperTFN and JediBatman like this.
  22. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003

Yep -- agree it was too much of the book to give away online, but that's what they gave AMZN. Glad to see it down, but not JackG's fault.

CooperTFN likes this.
  23. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    jasonfry

FYI, just so you don't think that the ICS isn't being discussed a lot, we've been discussing a lot of it's points in the Fleet Junkie thread. Make sure you poke in there after Christmas, cause there is a lot of cool stuff we all love about the new book! :)

--Adm. Nick

RavagerFish likes this.
  24. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    AdmiralNick22:

Can we discuss the ICS-stuff here and later merge with the FleetJunkie-thread?

AdmiralNick22 likes this.
  25. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    Am I the only one, who thinks the Imperial Landing Craft uninspired compared to LAATs, Lambda- and Sentinel-shuttles?

MercenaryAce likes this.