main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC Star Wars - The Force Awakens Midnight Premiere @ Alamo Drafthouse One Loudoun

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Orwick, Dec 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Guys. Please keep me informed My daughter and I would love to go.

2. Rookhelm

Rookhelm Jedi Master star 4

Sep 22, 2014
    wanted to bump this, since in the Ep 7 board, there's talks of tickets possibly going on sale at the 2 month mark, so, next Monday perhaps.

Not that theaters WILL be selling on Monday, but that theaters CAN sell on Monday. Didn't know if Alamo had made any plans.

3. Orwick

Orwick Jedi Knight star 1

May 13, 2014
    Current rumors peg ticket sales being opened sometime between October 16 – 19, but when I met with my Alamo Drafthouse rep yesterday, he said they have not heard anything official. Here is the plan regardless of the sale date:

Once ticket sales and seat reservations are available at the Drafthouse, they’ll email me a reservation link. I'll update this thread with the link. Once you are able to, feel free to reserve seats for your party individually. It would be cool to sit together with fellow FanForce members in the area, but with how fast ticket will sell, this is probably unrealistic. It’s more important to me that everyone who wants to experience this premiere gets to sit with their family and friends. We’ll have time to hangout at the Drafthouse during the party leading up to the premiere.

So, subscribe to updates (with email) from this thread, and and be ready to jump online between October 16 – 19 to reserve your tickets (assuming they are ready then)!

There are 41 costumed members of the community tentatively signed up to attend. This is going to be awesome!

4. Rookhelm

Sep 22, 2014
    I'll be watching like a hawk!

5. Orwick

May 13, 2014
    I'm sure you've already seen the articles, but it looks like it will be Monday night, October 19 sometime around 8 - 9 pm after the new trailer hits.

6. Orwick

May 13, 2014
    It's happening!

Tickets for The Force Awakens are expected to go on sale tomorrow night. The page for reserving them at the Alamo Drafthouse where we are having our premiere party is up, but tickets aren't quite available yet. I expect them to be up either right after the new trailer debuts tomorrow night during Monday Night Football or at 10 pm EST. I'll send out another reminder once they are finally open for reserving.

Below is the link, get ready to refresh that page tomorrow night.

https://drafthouse.com/starwars/ashburn

7. Rookhelm

Sep 22, 2014
    It's happening isn't it.gif

8. Skuldane

Skuldane Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2014
    Ok so apparently there is going to be a (Update the link i read said free, but Alamo website says it costs) Free Star Wars The Force Awakens Pint glass given out at Alamo Draft House locations!!!! Heck yeah! Also, Do you know if there will be earlier showings at this theater or others? I know ever since that unfortunate Batman shooting regal stopped doing midnight showings for the most part and now does them at like 7pm. I am concerned that I may miss an earlier showing at this theater or another. Any confirmation on this? I am sure I am not the only one curious about this!!

9. Rookhelm

Sep 22, 2014
    I'm betting 7pm will be as early as it gets. According to that link above, Alamo is selling the glass, but maybe some locations are giving them out?

10. Skuldane

Skuldane Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2014
    Do you think Alamo will keep with that early time as well? I hate to say it but if they are midnight and Regal is 7pm, I wont have much choice.

11. Orwick

May 13, 2014
    I'm guessing 7 pm as well, and I believe you get a pint glass only if you choose that package.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

12. Skuldane

Skuldane Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2014
    Do you guys really think the tickets well all sell out right away? And on last question haha, Will the screen be up to par with Regal, or will it not have the same quality?

13. Orwick

May 13, 2014
    Screen is Sony digital 4k if you're familiar with those and the sound is awesome. I think they will sell out by Tuesday, but as long as your online reserving then after the trailer debuts you should be okay.

14. Skuldane

Skuldane Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2014
    Ok one more question, I lied. Are props ok? I made a custom lightsaber, I am pretty sure Regals put a hault on prop weapons after the Batman shooting.

15. Rookhelm

Sep 22, 2014
    Amc's rules are that costumes and lightsabers are okay, but no masks or guns.

Who knows if regal or Alamo has similar rules

16. Orwick

May 13, 2014
    We'll have lots of costumed members there from the 501st, Rebel Legion, and Mando Mercs, but I'm not sure about custom lightsbers. I'll ask and find out.

17. Motterman

Motterman Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 22, 2000
  18. Orwick

May 13, 2014
    Motterman, I'm not planning on doing the Marathon. We've been holding monthly get togethers to watch each film in the saga leading up to the premiere, and I want to go into The Force Awakens as fresh as possible (without fatigue). However, if you are looking for a Marathon location, the Paragon Village 12 in Fredericksburg is on the list. Its a great theater! I think a couple of the Fredericksburg Star Wars Club members may doing the marathon.

19. Motterman

Motterman Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 22, 2000
    Yeah, I was just hoping my kid could see the movies on the big screen for once...

20. Orwick

May 13, 2014
    Come on down to Fredericksburg for the marathon! That will definitely make a great memory.

21. Orwick

May 13, 2014
    Hello Star Wars Fans,

The time is finally here to reserve your tickets/seats for the Star Wars: The Force Awakens DC Premiere Party at the Alamo Drafthouse One Loudoun! Follow the link below to start reserving your seats.

https://drafthouse.com/starwars/ashburn

While you will secure a reserved seat when buying tickets, be sure to arrive before the film starts to celebrate the release of the seventh film in the Star Wars saga with food, drinks, trivia, games, and more. We’ll be joined by special guests from the local Star Wars community including the 501st Legion, Rebel Legion, Mandalorian Mercs, and the DC Star Wars Collectors club.

May the Force Be With You, Always!

Drew Walden
    (Event Organizer / Fredericksburg Star Wars Club)

22. castertvs

castertvs Jedi Master

Feb 24, 2002
    The first showing is already sold out? Six minutes?!?!? This sucks.

23. Orwick

May 13, 2014
    Sites are crashing everywhere. God speed my friends. I hope you can secure the ticket you want. I'm still trying myself!

24. Skuldane

Skuldane Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2014
  25. Orwick

May 13, 2014
    Well, that ticketing last night was madness. I hope everyone who wanted to get tickets for the Alamo premiere day got one. Due to the system crashes and needing to sleep for work, I didn't snag one for one of the initial showings at the Drafthouse. However, do not fear, the event is still on even if I won't be there! I'm still coordinating with the 501st, and DC Star Wars Collectors club, and the Alamo to make sure the event is awesome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.