main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pacific Star Wars The Force Awakens - Post Your Review Thread (*Spoilers*)

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by DarthBrian, Dec 18, 2015.

1. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    This is the thread to post your reviews and reactions to The Force Awakens. Even though I posted the thread as containing spoilers, feel free to use spoiler tags as well if you wish in case you don't want to spoil someone who accidentally clicks on the link. Since I'm going first I'm gonna use the tags cuz it's the first post.

I'm gonna have to see it again before I can make a final judgement but overall I didn't like it.

I don't want to get into too much detail, but my main problem is that its story is based purely on nostalgia and pretty much beat-for-beat is structurally and narratively identical to A New Hope with a few differences in scale. Instead of a moon-sized Death Star, we have planet-sized Starkiller Base. Instead of a tiny Cantina, we have a town-sized Cantina. etc.

There are no original ideas in this movie, just rehashes of old movies. Also the movie is way too dark for kids and Star Wars are supposed to be for the whole family to enjoy. You would think Disney would understand this, but I guess they wanted that teenage money too much.

Anyway, that's my nutshell review. I had a lot more problems with it than that, but I'll wait to see it again before posting it.

Please share your thoughts as well. :)