main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Star Wars: The Force Awakens...reviews

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by w4tkn, Nov 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. w4tkn

w4tkn Jedi Master star 1

Jan 25, 2013
    I didn't see a thread for this. Reviews and opinions will start to appear.

Such as this - http://www.slashfilm.com/steven-spielberg-force-awakens/
    S Spielberg "And I think this new Star Wars could be the biggest movie ever."

Not a comment on the quality of the film, but rather its impact.

Any other remarks out there before we get into full blown reviews.

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Rookhelm

Rookhelm Jedi Master star 4

Sep 22, 2014
    Kevin Smith and Jimmy Kimmel had a few things to say if someone can find the quotes. Harrison Ford too

3. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Won't be much other then the typical "it's terrific". The film is under lock and key outside of those in the "know" until we get near Opening Weekend.

4. TimeZone

TimeZone Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 29, 2015
    I wonder if there will be a leak before the 18th.

5. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Considering that close to a million people will have seen it before the 18th, yeah, and by then it won't be leaks.;)

Dak Oolron and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  6. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    I love the idea of a REVIEWS thread...but those "It was great" or "Wasn't a fan" by 10,000 celebrities no-one cares about could get tedious.

Canyon D likes this.
  7. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I remember there were reports that a few industry insiders/people who work in the industry (someone clear this up for me) saw the film and were overwhelmingly enthusiastic about it, drawing comparison to The Empire Strikes Back. I think MSW ran a report on it shortly after New York Comic-Con.

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  8. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Hi JC'ers.

I thought with the film about to hit soon we might need a dedicated thread for reviews.

Steven Spielburg has seen it three times and says "It could be the biggest movie ever" which doesn't actually mean the best film but surely must be a hint to it's quality?

Does anyone have any idea if critics are going to get a screening or not and if so when? It seems that it would be a first if a movie this size didn't allow at least a small screening a few days before the films release.

In the meantime, I liked this article - Why SW TFA not screening for critics might be a good thing.

I kinda think I prefer critics to see the films with everyone else, then the reviews can be read by those who aren't ardent fans who might wait to read those reviews to decide if they are going to see the film.

http://blogs.indiewire.com/criticwi...ng-for-critics-might-be-a-good-thing-20151116

Leoluca Randisi likes this.
  9. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    I agree with you on the no Screening idea. Let those that are going to bash Star Wars regardless to wait their turn like everyone else.

10. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    I imagine we'd split this thread into two seperate threads. One specifically on professional critic reviews, and other on fan reactions (such as twitter stuff after the premiere). IDK...just an idea [face_dunno]

Darth Caliban and Darth_Voider like this.
  11. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    do you have a link to that Spielberg quote I would love to read the article with that quote?

12. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Spielberg "It's Gonna be great" TPM .youtube

13. AloneinSpace

AloneinSpace Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 21, 2015
    Dagobahsystem likes this.
  14. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    I prefer GL's honest and hilarious appraisal of screening the film (which he hasn't done yet, evidently...):

“Now I’m faced with this awkward reality, which is fine,” Lucas told the Washington Post. “I gotta go to the wedding. My ex will be there, my new wife will be there, but I’m going to have to take a very deep breath and be a good person and sit through it and just enjoy the moment, because it is what it is and it’s a conscious decision that I made.”

[face_laugh]

http://www.businessinsider.com/george-lucas-star-wars-wedding-awkward-2015-11

15. CuppaJoe

CuppaJoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 24, 2002
    Apparently Spielberg only said "biggest movie ever", but considering he saw it three times he must have enjoyed it.

16. JaporSnippet

JaporSnippet Jedi Master star 2

Mar 24, 2005
    He's seen it 3 times because JJ wanted to get his opinions with each new cut. I don't think he's seen the final cut 3 times.

LANDO_ROCKS and Skaddix like this.
  17. Solosaber

Solosaber Jedi Master star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    Didnt the Terminally ill fan, who was allowed to see the early cut, have something to say about it???

You wont hear a review from me since I'll probably be the last to see it since my wife is having a c-section on the 17th. YES THE FREAKIN 17th!!! I still cant get over it. If there was ever a time for it its now: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

By the time Im able to get out of the house and see it your tards will probably be talking about episode 8

JeanNo and minnishe like this.
  18. Danfromumbrella

Danfromumbrella Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2014
    Can you find that post? I'd like to read it.

19. Danfromumbrella

May 20, 2014
    Yeah, apparently he thought it was amazing and felt true to the original series.

20. entourage

entourage Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 18, 2014
    Kimmel said sth to JJ like he knows people who have seen it who are usually super critical who say it's great.

21. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Absolutely love Spielberg and adore (nearly) everything he's done from 'Duel' to 'The Color Purple' and beyond. I do find it a little hard to believe he's seen TFA 3 times though? He's very likely been privy to rough cut portions of it and has liked what he's seen so far. I don't know tbh. But whenever Speilberg and Star Wars are mentioned in the same breath? I just end up having the,"it's gonna be great" conversation replaying in my head. And tbh it doesn't fill me with much confidence. But we'll see :)

Avnar likes this.
  22. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Having Spielberg going over the film a few times saying "That bit could be edited better" would be very nice for JJ. Help tighten the thing up.

Dak Oolron, Jcuk and Skaddix like this.
  23. Danfromumbrella

May 20, 2014
    He most definitely has seen it at LEAST once though.

24. DisneylandFan4Life

DisneylandFan4Life Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 14, 2015
    We get to go see it on December 15th with a media preview but I believe the embargo is up at 6:00pm EST on December 17th. Not 100% sure on that but I will keep you all posted.

Xinau likes this.
  25. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    So that's the time. Set an alarm on your smartphone.
    Within a few minutes of that time, webpages everywhere will be putting up their reviews. No one will be slow with it. You can't miss out on them page hits.

whostheBossk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.