main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Star Wars: The Force Awakens...reviews

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by w4tkn, Nov 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Collin Tongue

Collin Tongue Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 8, 2016

Whoa, whoa, please pump your brakes. And please don't tell me I'm not a fan of Star Wars simply because I'm not a fan of The Force Awakens. I'm not a fan of Phantom Menace either, does that mean I don't like Star Wars too(Darth Maul is awesome, he's just in a bad movie)? We can simply respectfully agree to disagree on TFA Evetssteve, there is no need to question my affinity for Star Wars, that is mean spirited and not constructive dialogue. And know that I would never accuse you of not being a fan of Star Wars because you didn't like one of the movies. From one fan, to another, have a great rest of your day.

2. Collin Tongue

Jan 8, 2016

I'm not "laughing my ass off deservedly" at anything, as you can see in my signature, it says "under the heavens we are all one family". I respect all Star Wars fans, the ones who agree with me and the ones who don't. A fan of Star Wars is cool with me, regardless of their preferences. From one fan to another, have a great day.

3. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014

Satipo, I'd recommend abandoning any attempt at conversation. This is a classic troll post. He's picked out the one bit from your post that allows him to ignore the substance and maintain the discussion about him, rather than the film. And finished up with the same ingratiating platitudes he's been asked not to do.
    I've reported a couple of posts, I'm just going to tag in EHT and A Chorus of Disapproval because this is getting beyond a joke now, and I'm finding myself lacking patience with other members as a result

Canyon D, yassir.khan and Satipo like this.
  4. Collin Tongue

Jan 8, 2016
    How is me expressing that I'm not laughing my ass off(his words) me trolling? You're calling me a troll for having an opinion, and then responding when someone directly addresses me. I'm going to move on, like you said this is getting ridiculous. You aren't my enemy, and I don't dislike you, and I'm not trying to troll you. I'm going to move on and stop commenting and responding, as you have deemed me a troll regardless of what I have to say. If we meet again later on, on a different thread that isn't this one? I hope you and I can have constructive dialogue. From one fellow fan to another, have a great day.

5. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    But I want to know why Collin thinks the bribery option wasn't used for the other films I mentioned.

6. yassir.khan

yassir.khan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2014
    You won't get an answer to that.

May the Force be with you. And to all of us.

Ooh Aah Cantona.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Collin Tongue

Jan 8, 2016

I think the moderators want nothing more than for this hub bub to die down. Satipo? If I offended you in anyway, I apologize. It was not my intention and never was. I hope you can accept that. I'm going to drop the subject at hand as I feel it is only perpetuating anger on the forum. If you really want to discuss more at length feel free to message me if you want to have a reasonable conversation, I'd be more than happy to. I hope we can be friends in the future, and if not, we can at least respectfully agree to disagree. Friends do that all the time too. Have a great rest of your day.

8. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    I'll guess I'll just have to accept the reality that most critics and audiences seem to genuinely like the film then.

I was looking forward to the rationale behind it all though. And no, I'm not offended at all.

9. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    I actually feel sick. Seriously.

Canyon D likes this.
  10. Collin Tongue

Jan 8, 2016

Like I said, I am happy to have that conversation with you in message form, and not on this thread which has become toxic. So if you really mean it when you say you were looking forward to a discussion, just message me. Take care, and looking forward to hearing from you.

11. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    It's ok, Collin. I'll leave it here. Live Long and Prosper ;)

yassir.khan and Collin Tongue like this.
  12. Collin Tongue

Jan 8, 2016

Then allow me to clear the air Clinteastwoodbradfield. If I offended you? I apologize, genuinely. It was never my intention to. Hopefully like I am able to apologize, you can meet me halfway and accept that apology. We are all fans of Star Wars, clearly you and I REALLY got off on the wrong foot and I don't want that. I hope you can accept my apology, and we can have constructive conversation in the future on future threads. From one fan to another, have a great day fellow force user.

13. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    It’s getting too soppy in here.

14. Collin Tongue

Jan 8, 2016

You too *does the vulcan hand sign* ;)

15. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    I've asked you repeatedly to refrain from using that ingratiating, condescending, over familiar tone with me, and you've ignored me and are still seemingly after a response.

Unless English isn't your first language, there's no reason for you to have continued posting in the same way at me. I've asked the moderators to deal with you. Please don't direct any more posts at me, or even respond to this one.

Canyon D likes this.
  16. Collin Tongue

Jan 8, 2016

I'm not sure how you are interpreting

"I apologize genuinely"

as me trolling you. I can see you don't wish to interact with me regardless, and so I will stop responding to you here. Take care.

17. yassir.khan

yassir.khan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2014
    Soooooo.

Satipo, Clint where do you rank TFA? For me it's third. Behind ANH and Empire. Those two films remain the standard bearer of the saga. This film is a worthy successor which just misses the scaling of the heights consistency of the other two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    It's second or third, but has also raised my appreciation of the prequels.

yassir.khan likes this.
  19. Collin Tongue

Jan 8, 2016
    I'd rank the films as follows(best to last, just my opinion)

:bluesaber: Empire Strikes Back, A New Hope, Return of the Jedi, Revenge of the Sith, The Force Awakens, Phantom Menace(anti cheese) and Attack of the Clones :greensaber:

20. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Collin Tongue - You are welcome to post here. However, you need to post about something other than excessive recitations of your perceived right to annoy the hell out of people. Try actually discussing Star Wars and not your right to discuss Star Wars in whatever manner you wish. If you have any further negative feedback regarding any of the new films, use the "Haters Sanctuary" thread. It is literally called a "Sanctuary" for hating in. You want to know why everyone keeps jumping down your throat when you derail countless threads with barely topical negativity...? It is because those threads are literally NOT labeled a sanctuary for being negative in. Redirect your entire approach to posting here. Or we will have to redirect your ability to post here, at all.

Canyon D likes this.
  21. Collin Tongue

Jan 8, 2016
    I simply listed which films I thought were best to least, in descending order. I also apologized to a couple members if I had previously offended them. I will be extra careful with my future posts going forward though.

22. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    You have "simply" turned our entire forum into a nonstop warzone over the past 3 days. You have "simply" caused more posts to be reported in the past 48 hours than all combined reported content for weeks. You have "simply" ignored countless attempts by the staff to steer you into a direction where you would be welcomed by the other members of this community. You have "simply" ignored every single attempt to do so. You have "simply" derailed multiple threads. You have "simply" instigated more arguments than I care to recall having to clean up after. You can actually begin "simply" posting like everyone else here or I will "simply" ban you.

23. Collin Tongue

Jan 8, 2016
    I read you, loud and clear. Again, to anyone I've offended, including you, I apologize.

24. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    I'd probably go with that. Though at times I think it's running ANH close. ANH gets points for starting it all and has a simplicity and resolution that TFA maybe lacks, and TFA could have done more to separate out more of the Starkiller elements I think. But there are other aspects to TFA that I think I prefer to ANH and are nudging up towards ESB (though it's not that close overall to that film's perfection IMO). Ultimately I think TFA sits very nicely alongside the OT.

yassir.khan likes this.
  25. jimmycrank

jimmycrank Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 29, 2015
    I watched ANH last night and I gotta say i do prefer TFA. Maybe it's because it's still new and exciting, i dunno. I still think for me it goes:

ESB
    RotJ ( I enjoy Jabba's palace and the ending for me is just unbeatable!)
    TFA
    ANH
    RotS
    TPM
    AotC

I'll watch ESB and RotJ again soon and see if TFA beats them or not in my mind.

yassir.khan and Collin Tongue like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.