main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Star Wars: The Force Awakens...reviews

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by w4tkn, Nov 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014

Then I think your "reading" is shallow. He said he worked sanitation. Ya know what junior grunts do? They swap floors and scrub toilets. They work sanitation detail. They are not janitors. They are soldiers scrubbing the latrines. The opening scene makes it very clear he is not a "janitor." Solo's exclamation is because he thought "Big Deal" knew more than he did... not that hard to figure out.

Oh, unless we learn something new, Kylo is neither a Jedi or a Sith. It's clear he has talent and power, but nobody has actually been able to fight back against him. He's used to just cutting people down. Finn DOES have hand to hand training (and TR-8R clearly knows what HE is doing), and manages to avoid losing for a short period of time before Kylo cuts him. I wouldn't say Kylo ever really "struggled" with him, despite having a fairly serious blaster wound. See, there comes that perspective thing again. I see Kylo as having little trouble with Finn, despite having a serious wound. You see him struggling with a joke of a Stormtrooper.

But again, I'm not really trying to convince you.

2. Collin Tongue

Collin Tongue Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 8, 2016

Hey! Thanks for responding. You never answered my question from before though.

"The fact that I respect peoples' right to have an opinion does not mean that I think that they are all equally valid." -Strongbow-

Those are your words in a completed thought and sentence. I'm going to ask you again, because I truly am curious what your answer is. In this instance, where TFA's script is concerned, my opinion is not as valid as yours? I'm going off of your words. It sounds like you're saying I'm allowed to have an opinion just as much as you are, but your opinion is more valid than mine, in this particular instance?

3. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel Modercreeper Is Always Watching star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    And, that brings an end to our discussion of Finn as a "janitor", as calling him that has been disallowed for some time.

Also: Drop the argument of whose opinion is more valid. That's off topic on any thread.

thejeditraitor and EHT like this.
  4. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    Missed your comment PS.

Collin Tongue likes this.
  5. Collin Tongue

Collin Tongue Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 8, 2016
    My apologies I was unaware referencing Finn as the J word was not permitted. I merely responded to a comment directed at me that insinuated my opinion was wrong headed. Last I checked opinions were just that, and all are valid. Art is subjective after all, this isn't a math equation where one answer is correct and the other is incorrect. I'll keep my trap shut going forward and will not use the J word again. Who's stoked for rogue one?!

6. {Quantum/MIDI}

{Quantum/MIDI} Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2015
  7. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    Negro activist?

8. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
  9. {Quantum/MIDI}

Dec 21, 2015
    Black activist, BLM etc.

Point is, it's not at all linked to a racist statement.

10. yassir.khan

yassir.khan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2014
    Wow. Let's move away from this crap. Highly offensive and highly unnecessary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. {Quantum/MIDI}

Dec 21, 2015
    My bad. I always get riled up when people start topics like this.

12. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel Modercreeper Is Always Watching star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm really not sure what anything that's been posted in here, today, has to do with the topic, so I'm just going to lock this thread. It's supposed to be for reviews, and you guys are doing it wrong.
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.