main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion TFA Tickets! / When are you seeing it?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by Mr. Crumb, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Mr. Crumb

Mr. Crumb Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 31, 2013
    Have people hold your spot while 1-2 of you go on "field trips" to hit the concession stands/bathrooms/whatever. We do that stuff all the time.

2. ChewieWe'reHome

ChewieWe'reHome Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 25, 2015

Alrighty, I wasn't sure if it was that simple. Like if people behind us don't see my friends leave but only come back and reclaim their spots, I didn't know if there would be an uproar or not.

3. Mr. Crumb

Mr. Crumb Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 31, 2013
    Eh....we haven't run into that before, but if someone gives you a hard time, just tell them the people were with you.

4. ChewieWe'reHome

Aug 25, 2015
    Well thanks for your words of experience. Much appreciated. ;)

Mr. Crumb likes this.
  5. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    I hope I don't have to wait hours.... Hour is fine but..

6. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    U talking midnight premiere?

7. ChewieWe'reHome

Aug 25, 2015

Yep!

8. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    For Revenge of the Sith, I waited in line for three days to get tickets (oh, to be young again... :p ). People came and went all the time while their friends where holding their spot. No one complained about this at all.

9. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Oh, ok, that'll be hard, Maybe the guy in front of u hold it?? Maybe?

Its like what I've been thinking, if I go to the movie on opening day and get my seat in the theater early, how will
    I get my pop corn before the movie starts without loosing my seat? lol

10. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    For AOTC I recall being able to get my ticket in Feb (maybe Jan), so this feels like it's cutting it close.

11. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Really?

For ROTS, the tickets (in Sweden anyway) were released about two weeks before the premiere.

12. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
  13. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    When did tickets for Jurrasic World and Avengers: AOU become available? Those were two other big movies of the year..

14. ChewieWe'reHome

Aug 25, 2015

I think AOU had tickets out at the beginning of March. So right around 2 months.

15. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    So my guess is Late Oct to Early Nov! We should take bets on this. :p:cool:

16. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    Around here there is no reason to wait or take "field trips." We pick our seat online when we buy and have food and drinks (full menu and liquor license) served to you while you watch.

17. ChewieWe'reHome

Aug 25, 2015

Ah, a fan of dine-in theaters. I wish I could enjoy them, but unfortunately the ones in my area serve everything "half-decent". At that point, the smaller screen, the distracting table lights, the constantly-moving waiters/waitresses (god bless 'em), all become the objects of my resentment. If I could find one that served quality food, I don't know why I'd ever go back to a traditional theater.

18. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    I wonder what will sell faster, Imax 3d or Reg screenings? Got to be Imax!

19. Ginkasa

Ginkasa Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 13, 2002

Well, IMAX showings will be more limited, so...

20. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Anyone know how soon after pre ordering that u can go get the ticket from the theater?

21. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Spectre Tickets went on sale couple days ago! This is a pretty big release. So pretty much exactly 2 months till the movie.. Keep it in mind.;)

22. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Good gosh, that would drive me crazy. It's bad enough that I have to hear people eat popcorn.

TigerCraneFist likes this.
  23. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Preach.

It is a juvenile mentality that we still somehow require snacks in order to enjoy the cinema. My 7 year old has confirmed this to me.

24. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    Has anyone heard anything more about a possible six-film marathon leading up to TFA at selected AMC theaters? There were news items about it in early May, but I just googled it and there doesn't seem to be any updated info.

25. ChewieWe'reHome

Aug 25, 2015

That sounds like a long day lol. Putting perhaps 15 minutes intermission between each movie, that still comes to a little over 14 and a half hours! And even if TFA was shown as late as midnight after the marathon, the movies would still have to be starting at 9:30 A.M. on the dot. No later.