main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars The Force Unleashed [All Formats] (General/Non Spoiler Discussion)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by jp-30, Apr 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    At LucasArts, No Playing Around in Quest to Be No. 1
    :confused:

So, a "Vader" game is back on the table, poosibly a different one to that which apparently morphed into the Episode III game? And even if I'm reading it wrong regarding Vader, there is definitely another in-house SW game in development presently.

Watch this space...

Other Force Unleashed Threads:
    Force Unleashed Discussion (Spoilers)
    Force Unleashed (Game Help)

2. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    I imagine the reason its been so quiet the past year in regards to SW games or rather LA games in particular is they're waiting until E3 to announce all the details. Its cool that the Vader game is back on the table and hopefully we'll get to kill a lot of innocents in it.

This other game better be TIE Fighter: Empire.

3. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Playing as Vader would be so cool. [face_devil]

4. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002

Fixed [face_mischief];)

Let me be an independent smuggling spice, taking on crew, in a free-roaming style similar to morrowind etc, except in space.

I've had enough of either side, I wanna fight for my own reasons only! Then only when I get bored will I choose to take the plunge down the engaging singleplayer storyline.

5. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    Another lightsaber battle game?

6. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

They'll feel obligated, commanded, to reproduce him exactly to some archaic movie specifications. This means minimal dialogue in keeping with what is perceived to be Movie Vader. He'll be a minimal conversationalist.

Every notable SW villain is a minimal conversationalist. Might as well talk to yourself in-game.

And if he does speak quite a bit, we're not including the grunts and gasps of saber fighting. Oh! I got shot by a few bowcaster bolts, I realistically should have died but I grunted and lost some energy bar!

7. Bripe_Klmun

Bripe_Klmun Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 8, 2005
    I'm excited and pleased that this is back on - I have to wonder what engine will be used for this.

8. Siths_Revenge

Jul 27, 2004
    If they want a template, the James Luceno Vader novel is the way to go.

9. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    The other game so better be TF: Empire, and they better be announcing Mr. Holland as the man doing it, too. That game is my holy grail. Hell, right now I'd even settle for a remake of XWA (it's an eight-year-old game and I still play it), but I need some form of SW space sim that is slightly more complex than two axes and a "let's try spinning, that's a neat trick" button.

Er, Vader game is teh cool also.

10. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Every notable SW villain is a minimal conversationalist. Might as well talk to yourself in-game.

Really? And here I thought that Palps in ROTS was talking too damn much. And then there's all that incessant cackling during his duel with Yoda. Oy! :oops: Some villains like the sound of their own voice. Sidious was clearly one of these. Then there's strong silent types like Maul. And then there are those that fall somewhere in the middle, only speaking when necessary, often with some deadly wit behind their words (i.e., "Apology accepted, Captain Needa", my all time favorite bad guy utterance).

11. LordSilvertouch

LordSilvertouch Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2003
    Well, i'd like to say i told you so, but i actually was convinced recently that this wouldn't be coming back. I'm going to go bury my head in the sand.

12. ARC170pilot

ARC170pilot Jedi Master star 5

Sep 23, 2005
    this sounds interesting, i hope you get to fly Vader's TIE Advanced Fighter

13. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Looks like tech demos for the rumoured Vader game are being shown behind closed doors at E3;

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=139639

[image=http://www.computerandvideogames.com/medialib/screens/screenshot_157078.jpg] [image=http://www.computerandvideogames.com/medialib/screens/screenshot_157077.jpg]

14. Todan

Todan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 3, 2006
    Wow those images look grate a Vader game a well I hope it looks as good as those pics. hay dose that mean you have to fight Luke and chop off his hand that would be one of the highlights of the game for me bring it on

Todan

15. OwenSkywalker3

OwenSkywalker3 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 23, 2002
    Okay, everytime I see that shot of Vader and the bounty hunters, I am more and more convinced that the female is Arden Lyn.

16. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    She does look like her... [face_thinking]

Unfortunately, that would cause some obnoxious continuity screw-ups. :(

17. Todan

Jan 3, 2006
    Hay do you think the Vader game start from Episode 1 and you start off as Anne and end on episode 6 or start from when mace dies and if the last level was killing the emperor you just walk over and pick him up and you have to throw him fast cos your health is going down.

Todan
    :oops:

18. Jedi_Matt

Jul 11, 2002
    8-}

Make it FRESH, stuff the freakin' movies. IT'S BEEN DONE. How about the 19 freakin' years inbetween episode 3 and 4 showing how he became an actual Dark Lord of the Sith? [:D]

[face_talk_hand]

19. Jaden-Skywalker

Jaden-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 13, 2004
    If I can play as Luke in (hopefully) multiplayer, I'm satisfied.

20. Todan

Jan 3, 2006
    Yea they would have that too a mate of mine said that there is a book or comic called vaders quest that sounds cool has any one read it and if so what happens

Todano_O

21. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Those images sound like they may be the ones mentioned here;

Secrets of Star Wars 07

Which means we may have a Shadows of the Empire style multi-format story going on...

22. Jedi_Matt

Jul 11, 2002
    i own it, and as far as i can remember, it covers the next few days following the battle of Yavin. Vader finds out that the person who took the shot was called Skywalker. I can't remember much else about it apart from that.

23. Siths_Revenge

Jul 27, 2004
    Hopefully the game will have some stuff from the SW TV series in it.

24. RevantheJediMaster

RevantheJediMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2005
    Jim Ward just confirmed on G4TV that the new "Vader" game will not focus on Vader, although he will be in it, but will not be a playable character. I'm guessing it is going to focus on the Empire and its hunting down of the Jedi or maybe Imperial Bounty Hunters like Boba Fett. I do not think this spells the total doom for a chance of a Vader Video game because they could make a lot of money out of one and with a game system like the Nintendo Wii they could highlight many of his abilities. To market it they could use taglines like, "For the first time ever go behind the mask." or, "For the first time ever see through his eyes."

25. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Does that droid's torso and head remind anyone else of a certain metallic psychopath? [face_thinking]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.