main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars The Force Unleashed [All Formats] (General/Non Spoiler Discussion)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by jp-30, Apr 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Agent_SkywalKer

Agent_SkywalKer Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 28, 2005
    Well, in the video, the Jedi killed 3 stormtroopers. In order 66, they had like a bazillion clones after them, and they were caught off guard.

2. DarthBobbalot

DarthBobbalot Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2002
    The video wasnt even of in-game graphics. It was a pre-rendered trailer of what they want the game to be... Hopefully their actual engine will look almost as pretty, but i doubt it. Any word on when an actual game will be announced? Like an announcement for when an announcement will take place?

3. Shackleton

Shackleton Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2004
    Yeah, you really need to look no further than Battlefront II in order to find a game that has good graphics but OK at best gameplay. Hopefully LA will have the clairvoyance to release a game that's original and innovative in some way, less it becomes just another clone of Outcast or Academy. If that's the case, then not only will LA have beaten a dead horse, they'll have beaten it badly enough that you can't even make glue out of it if you wanted to.

4. Luke_Sparkewalker

Luke_Sparkewalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    I dunno, it has some promise. Looks awesome atm!

If they do it right they should have a really good story, and the way that Hyperspace is hyping it (no pun intended) it might be really great!

I might be reading into it to much but i got the feeling they were taking the jedi in a new direction ie: those being hunted down have become....angry. "A jedi use's the force for knowledge and defence, never for attack" well these jedi seem to have thrown that away! if they take that angle it could get interesting!

5. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    If it was just a game, it would be pretty cool, but as people have said before it seems to use excessive amounts of force power to kill lame stormtroopers. Very un-jedi and un-starwars.

Worlds Apart is kinda of a fitting title I guess, but it's strange that, if it continues on the path that it is on, it will be a "star wars" game because it's so un-star warsy.

If it lost the Star Wars copywrite tag or whatever, and was just called Worlds Apart or Force Unleashed maybe it wouldn't feel quite so... 'wrong'!

/shrugs/

We'll see...

6. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    If it was just a game

By this I meant "not a star wars labelled game".

7. plo_koom

plo_koom Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2002
    I hope that Nym and the pirates from Starfighter will be in this game;it's got Hayden Blackman at the helm.

8. TheDRiZZLe

TheDRiZZLe Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    Can anyone post some of these screen shots? My IT department blocks the site.

9. DroidGeneral

DroidGeneral Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    I wouldn't mind an RPG/FPS game where you were a bounty hunter and you had to track down targets. AKA, Star Wars Bounty Hunter 2.

10. TheDRiZZLe

TheDRiZZLe Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    Bingo found it on Youtube!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=48P7Z-AL8Ks&search=comic%20con%202006

11. clonetrooper1

clonetrooper1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2005
    i like the look of that game but i feel soory for the last stormtrooper being thrown around like that.did anyone notice the stormtrooper trying to grab his gun when he was floating?

12. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    *blinks*
    How were the Jedi defeated if they could do this stuff on a whim?
    That's the essential question never asked by any EU writer.
    The Jedi were defeated. How?
    The problem is, now we know how, and if any ol' Jedi could do stuff like this Order 66 and the Temple March just don't seem plausible.

13. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    Well, for one thing, I'm not sure they could. It may be a gameplay mechanics issue, and gameplay mechanics are not considered to affect canon.

But let's look at it in another way. For one thing, this sort of display demonstrates a tremendous burst of sheer power. I'm not sure this kind of display is logically supported by the calm, even light side. I think it may require passion and anger and emotion as fuels, which would make it dark side-oriented. And, as others have pointed out, the Jedi use the force for knowledge and defence, never for attack. So it could be that the Jedi don't do this sort of thing because it is of the dark side and they will not let themselves do it. Now, after the destruction of the entire Jedi order, some of the Jedi have finally snapped and just don't care anymore. As others have pointed out, that would be a very interesting place for this game to go.

-Paul

14. dakinJmacwalker

dakinJmacwalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2005
    This isn't just coming out for PS3 right, it will be xbox 360 as well?

15. That_Wascally_Droid

Jul 29, 2001
    Oh I'll still play it if I have the correct system.
    Just little questions like that bug me.
    The movies set up tricks like chucking senate pods to be extremely impressive. The Jedi here look like they could do that without breaking a sweat.

16. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    I wouldn't mind if this was a JO/JA type game. As long as the story is strong and compelling. Throw some new force power mechanics in the mix and I'm happy.

17. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    The Clone Wars cartoon had Mace Windu push open a 500 ft perimeter around himself. I know Clone Wars is over the top, but I still find it a little hard to believe that the jedi could have been overthrown by stormtroopers, no matter how many. The possibility of Force-speeding your self way out of there would always be present. I mean, if you managed to survive the surprise ambush in the first place, then after that it would be hard to gather a posse of a gazillion troopers outside your door without you knowing, wouldn't it?

EDIT: spelling

18. Squishy_Vic

Squishy_Vic Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2004
    Yeah, but we both know none of the Jedi at the temple were as awesome as Mace :cool: (they weren't as powerful either)

edit- none of the Jedi that were off on missions survived their ambush. Only Obi-Wan and Yoda. So everyone at the temple was being ambushed for the first time.

19. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    That may be true for now. But you can bet they are going to cook up EU stories that chronicles the stories of jedi who did survive the first ambush and are being hunted down in the mid-ep3-ep4-era. And, as you see many already presume that to be the premise for this very game, though no info about the time period has been released so far.

20. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Never read Purge? Dark Lord? Republic comics?

Lots of Jedi survived their ambushes. Though I doubt any of them warned the temple.

21. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    About 200 Jedi survived Order 66, according to LFL.

22. YodavsSidious

YodavsSidious Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 2, 2006
    This will be great STAR WARS 2007 on XBOX 360 and PLAYSTATION 3

23. crunchymonkey89

crunchymonkey89 Jedi Youngling

Jun 9, 2006
    Something I noticed in the vid. This may belong on the Potential Changes Thread but notice that several times we see a stormtrooper with what looks like yellow rank markings. Is this just a transitional effect connecting the stormtroopers to the clones or is it a hint of things to come?

24. That_Wascally_Droid

Jul 29, 2001
    I'd wager a transition thing. Enough changed overnight to make everything safe and OT that I'd take damn near any transition at this point :p

The destroyers at the end of RotS were purposely left colorless to match the OT, so I can't see them going back and adding color here and there.

25. KnightinaBox

KnightinaBox Jedi Youngling

Jun 19, 2006
    Ok, I feel a need to post here.
    First, the images of this new game, as I gather it, are very well prgressed jedi.
    Second, it is not just plain having strength, it is what you do with it and in what manner. The tricky thing about a gizzilion clones is quite simply a matter alinged with the basterdization of the force(ie the need for balance by the chosen one) Palpatines massive grip and the force influxions of all so influenced by the polotics of sith presence. In short, to tap good strength is not the same as to preserve good rienforcement. Infact you ar e either consuming or producing when siituations litterally get ass ass-tightening as star wars situations. That's what really made yoda the man, well clondorian.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.