main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars The Force Unleashed [All Formats] (General/Non Spoiler Discussion)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by jp-30, Apr 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tekay421

tekay421 Jedi Youngling

Nov 29, 2006
    i think the woman imperial officer could be admiral darla from a eu book or books. i think they may have been the dark empire trilogy, i used to read them but thought they were duller than dish water,but my love for star wars made me read them. the darla character if i remember was a blond attractive woman who had rose from the ranks in the imperial navy.

the beat up vader looks great, he is vunerable now as he has lost alot of his manouverability and is described very well in the dark lord book which is the best eu book i have ever read. any jedi worth his salt should now be able to give vader a run for his money, yes hes a super villan but hes a disabled shadow of his former self and especially not a threat to palpatine and he nos this. he actualy blames palps in the dark lord book for giving him such a restrictive suit to keep him vulnerable. look at greivious suit to vaders.

hopefully the game will be good, lucas arts have a bit of a hit and miss thing going on when it comes to games. maybe we will get a tv tie in with this as well as lucas has stated that the tv series will take place between eps3 & 4 although hes also said there wont be any major characters in the tv series but we could have the back ground story at the start of each episode scrolling up the screen describing that darth vader has started to train his own sith apprentice and has dispatched him to blah blah to do blah blah, which would tie in very nicely with the game books and movies. you would also want the game if you have only seen the tv series to get every ounce of story.

its all very cool any way, star wars lives on

2. tekay421

tekay421 Jedi Youngling

Nov 29, 2006
    i just looked at those scans and one of the pictures shows shak ti. maybe thats why her two death scenes were cut from rots. grievious kills her on his ship at the start and vader kills her in the jedi temple but none of them made it to the final cut.

shak ti may die at the hands of vader after all. this just gets better and better.

3. Luke_Sparkewalker

Luke_Sparkewalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    Her name is Juno Eclipse (the female officer that is)

4. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Aghh my eyes! The text is so small!!

5. dakinJmacwalker

dakinJmacwalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2005
    Please does anyone know when this Game informer hits newstands. I am dying to read this article now. DYING!!!!

6. HotsForTahiri78

HotsForTahiri78 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Looking good, holy carp coming back to this forum makes me feel old.

7. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, yes, by that point he's gotten the hang of walking- but fighting, let alone up to his previous level of skill, will take a lot longer for him to adjust to since he's basicly starting from scratch.

8. Dark_Lord_ofthe_Sith

Dark_Lord_ofthe_Sith Jedi Master star 2

Jul 24, 2004
    Thanks for the scans. Is it possible we could get higher resolution scan of all tha pages (about the game) so we can also read the text? Its difficult to read it from those pics plus some of it is cut off. I wish the sold the magazine here but they dont.

9. dakinJmacwalker

Apr 15, 2005
    All I know after looking at those figures that are supposed to dipict the game I really hope theres a part in the game where you fight as Vader or alongside him and he gets all jacked up and parts of his suit rip off exposing some of his artificial limbs and his messed up face that would be half the game for me right there.

10. Luke_Sparkewalker

Luke_Sparkewalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    I cant as a friend sent them to me online....

The mag doesn't sell here either:(

11. dakinJmacwalker

Apr 15, 2005
    I've wrote a couple of threads and they BOTH got locked so could someone just give me a heads up on when the game informer hits newstands? If someone could tell me that would be a great help. Thanks.

12. MASTER-OF-EVIL

MASTER-OF-EVIL Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2004
    Found some interesting info

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Force_Unleashed

M-O-E

13. Dark_Lord_ofthe_Sith

Jul 24, 2004
    I see...Thanks anyway.

I heared LucasArts is making an announcement on Tuesday so we should info tomorrow.

14. TragicLove

TragicLove Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 2, 2005
    Here is a demo of the next-gen technology that the game will be using. It's not the same as the force-power pre-viz, but an actual presentation by LucasArts employees at the 2006 Games Convention: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2731194268578183897&q=Euphoria+demo

15. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Flying R2 projectiles will make for an awesome shooter.

16. Ceth_Jonuck

Ceth_Jonuck Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2006

If we can't customize the main character (looks, face, outfit), I'm going to be really upset...this is just to good of an oppertunity to just give us a pre-made character, customized characters are much more fun to play/RP with.

17. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
    d00d! i hope that you can make a chartr that looks like starpwnr 1211!!!

18. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The characters designs will probably be pre-set, since they are "set in stone" by the toy and other potential tie-ins. At the most, I'd imagine there'll be the default "canon" character designs, with options to customize.

19. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    That looks really good. I just have bad memories of the hype surrounding Jurassic Park: Trespasser. "Pick up anything -- rocks, branches -- and use it! Realistic interaction with your environment for the first time ever!" I hope this is actually Good Stuff, and not like that.

And I extra-especially hope that it comes out for PC. I'm going to be bitterly disappointed if it doesn't. But LucasArts has shown itself silly that way.

-Paul

20. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    • SWFU will be set in the cloudy time period between Episode III and Episode IV

• You will play the role of an apprentice to Darth Vader.

• Ultimate Goal is to assassinating the Emperor (Of course, Emperor does NOT get assassinated)

• ?Euphoria? physics engine. - SO LIFELIKE

• A hint at a fight with Shaak Ti (But isn't Shaak Ti Dead?)

21. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000

• SWFU too.

22. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    She WAS supposed to have died in epIII, at first it was Greivous and then by Anakin during the temple raid. But then both scenes were cut from the film. The last word about her was that she just escaped from the temple raid.

23. dakinJmacwalker

Apr 15, 2005
    about how long after Revenge of the SIth is this going to be taking place.

Anyone got a heads up on the newstand release of Game Informer?

THIS GAME HAS TO COME OUT SOON!!!

24. Dark_Lord_ofthe_Sith

Jul 24, 2004
    game informer states that the release is November 2007.
    There should be some announcement tomorrow about the game by LucasArts.

25. Jedipete33

Jedipete33 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2004
    Isn't this game already creating a problem in the sw timeline for the fact that vader already had an apprentice? If I recall correctly, it was lady lumiya?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.