main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars The Force Unleashed [All Formats] (General/Non Spoiler Discussion)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by jp-30, Apr 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maderic

maderic Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 8, 2004
    But...but...but.. you get to play as the Stormtrooper Commander!

What were they thinking? :oops:

2. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    DLC comes out for the 360 and PS3 in a few months

features are:
    1. Jedi Temple campaign
    2 Costumes include
    2a. Luke Skywalker(Jedi)
    2b. Obi-Wan Kenobi
    2c. Ki-Adi-Mundi
    2d. Kit Fisto

Awesome, although still no Vader, though seeing Luke as DV secret apprentice....sweet.

Link McLinklink

3. Twinky_Stryder

Twinky_Stryder Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2003
    OK, I have a problem.

Tragically my copy of The Force Unleashed has become one with the Force due to a laserburn from someone hitting my 360 when it was playing.

Now, I got a new copy of the game today, put it in and.......nothing. Totally didn't work. I'm really irritated by this. Does this mean no copy of the game will work on my 360 now? And does that mean I can never play the game again?

4. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    Okay I had a similar issue where my game stopped responding after someone accidentally hit the power while the game was booting up. I went into the game's file from the main xbox bootup/startup screen and just played around in there a bit and then tried booting the game again and it worked.

5. JediLight

JediLight Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    I doubt it. I'm assuming other games work fine. Try deleting all the saved game data for TFU from your hard drive. If that doesn't work, you should contact Microsoft.

6. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    Im gonna go ahead and be uber-pissed at this instead of hyped. Unless it is free. Then it would be...Satisfactory. At Best.
    They are only adding 2 skins(2 others are in other versions already) and a level they ALREADY COMPLETED but CUT. That is some kriffed up stuff IMO that we should not have to pay for.

7. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    It could also be some major problem with your console's optical drive. Have you tried playing other 360 games or DVD's to see how they perform?

8. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I think they are replicating Palps explosive release of energy after he "died" in ROTJ.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  9. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    I guess I shall see soon enough..

If you already beat the game, can you up the difficulty and use the same save file with all your powers unlocked or do you have to completely start over?

10. cggunnersmate

cggunnersmate Jedi Master star 1

Jul 24, 2007
    Well that blows if it's true. Microsoft determines the cost (if any) for DLC so it'll probably cost us. A couple more skins (Luke and Obi are the only ones that interest me) and still no DUEL MODE! To quote lame Ani "Yippee!" <insert sarcasm here

Hopefully they'll send a patch and fix the many bugs in this game (it's so buggy either their Q&A sucks big time or they were waaaay rushed to get this thing onto store shelves).

Anyone found the unstable blue lightsaber crystal? It's the only Crystal I haven't found yet.

(still have a missing holocron on Kashyyk and Felcuia #2 that I can't find.)

11. El Kabong

El Kabong Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 28, 1999
    And this is *exactly* what I was afraid of with this whole Donwnload Content fad. Instead of developing the game for a couple more months and fleshing out the anemic single player game, Lucasarts decides to release a five hour game for $60 then charge you more for the second half.

No thank you - I am no sucker. I'll go back to Galactic Civilization II, a game with enbough content to keep a person playing for a week solid.

12. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Rummy... once you beat it, you can load any level you want and keep replaying.

This can be bad though, as I too have burned a hole in my disc. I can't start a new game, or view the first movie... but I can at least replay any level I like.

What a pile of steaming Bantha PooDoo.

As for the DLC, with all the unfinished stuff in the nexgen games, it would be a crime to charge us for the additional content. That being said, I won't be shocked at all when Lucas and his collaborators at microblowHARD charge us $9.95 per costume...

$60 dollars for this unfinished game is/was rediculous, charging us for for the way it should have been makes this whole thing priceless.

13. DocRevan

DocRevan Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2008
    Luke Skywalker Unleashed?

Awesome. So awesome.

Though I don't see why the costume couldn't have been included in the original release.

14. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    If you're talking in regards to achievements, the answer is, no, you won't unlock achievables for higher difficulties replaying the same game. You have to start a whole new game and upgrade Galen. All. Over. Again.

15. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    I agree. This whole thing leaves a bad taste in my mouth because it would've been infinitely better on all levels to had waited a bit longer a less buggier, more complete game with all the added extras at NO. EXTRA. FRAKKING. CHARGE!

16. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Lucas = Palpatine

17. Twinky_Stryder

Twinky_Stryder Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2003
    Yep. Other games and DVDs are fine.

18. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    I don't care about acheivements since I'm using the same file, but just went into options and upped the difficulty..

19. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Did you get your forehead tapped :p after that?
    When I upped the level the first time, I saved the game on the Death Star, right as you face Vader... I went from Apprentice to Master and got my ass handed to me...

The strategy is different, more than anything else... absolutely NO JUMPING, lol.
    Defense, defense, defense... quick strike, defense, defense-forever, quick strike...
    The higher the level, the more conservative (and grounded) I had to be in order to win.

20. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    My guy is already maxed out as far as all his force abilities so, it should be fun to fight Vader when I get to that level again.

21. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    Does anyone know how long after the release of an XBox game does Lucasart make available any patches to address any problems in the game?

22. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    I with you completely.
    NexGen players get 10 different Trooper costumes, a few militia men, two Kotas, Bail, Sturn, Proxy and Sidious.
    I can't believe that ONE SINGLE employee of LucasArts thought those would be fun. Other than Proxy and Sidious, the rest are a waste. Yet, the Wii and PS2 get all kinds of cool unlockables: Maul, Vader, Phobos, Desolous, Luke, Kenobi, Windu, Anakin, and Qui Gon... just to name a few.

I have a bad feeling about this... DLC that's coming.
    NexGen owners will have to PAY to get those same costumes.

After paying more for the version of the game that came with with less content, then requiring us to pay for what other platforms' got as free unlockables... now that is patently absurd.

Paying for the Temple level... is almost just as bad, but what really sets me off is the thought of having to pay for free unlockables.

23. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    I'm indifferent about the DLC, but if it comes with a game patch that addresses the "default text" glitch, then I'll get it for no other reason than to get the game patch.

24. darth_berryboy

darth_berryboy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2005
    Just curious, does DLC stay on forever, or do they take it off after a while?

25. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    As long as you don't delete it off your system, you get to keep it forever, as far as I know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.