main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars The Force Unleashed [All Formats] (General/Non Spoiler Discussion)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by jp-30, Apr 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    That would be nice. But it might lose something with only one saber.

2. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    You might be right... but after running around Raxis Prime as Scion, I forgot all about the Jar Kai grip. Krayt with one saber would be dumbed down, but I'd take it... and Maul as well. Or Plagueis even...

Not to mention how NICELY Vos would fit the mold:

[image=http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z274/EyeBashBadWriting/VosTheGalaxyAtWar.jpg]

Here are the two best screen shots that I have:

[image=http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z274/EyeBashBadWriting/Scion_02.jpg][image=http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z274/EyeBashBadWriting/Scion_01.jpg]

3. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Vos would be perfect. I'd take a vos pack of all his different outfits and pay 10 bucks :p

4. maderic

maderic Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 8, 2004
    I bit the line and bought the costume pack. That's a couple bucks I'll never get back.

Don't get me wrong, I like the looks of all the characters...but none of them, save for maybe the two and a half Starkillers we got in the pack, look at home with the reverse grip. Perhaps they'll release an Ahsoka skin, haha? Also, I would certainly hope that General Starkiller isn't a concept we'll see explored any further than this costume pack...the idea of him returning for a sequel would jump the goober fish.

I wish they would, though I know it's all but impossible, have added animations for a standard saber form, too. Vader is in the game, after all. I'm sure it would not have been TOO difficult to adapt things, all things considered. I know, I ask for too much of game that's hailed as the next chapter of Star Wars. :)

5. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    I'm about to go onto the final level, and while I have all the combos, my powers and talents haven't been maxed out. Has anyone ever been able to max out before facing Vader and Palpatine, or have you done what I chose to do - go back and replay the levels to get level up further.

6. Dark_Lord_ofthe_Sith

Dark_Lord_ofthe_Sith Jedi Master star 2

Jul 24, 2004
    Character Pack 2 (400Points) and the Jedi Temple level (800Points) have been released.

Character Pack 2:
    Spirit Apprentice
    Republic Trooper
    Tatooine Luke
    Utility Combat Suit
    Ben Kenobi
    Animated Style
    Plo Koon
    Count Dooku
    Jango Fett
    C-3PO

The Jedi Temple Pack also contains new skins:
    Temple Exploration Gear
    Cybernetic Reconstruction
    Darth Maul
    Mace Windu
    Qui-Gon Jinn
    Dark Stalker
    Sith Training Gear
    Lightsaber Training Droid
    Combat Training Droid

7. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    So how do these skins work? Does it simply just replace the Apprentice, so the non-Jedi characters still use a red lightsabre? And how to the cut scenes work?

I'm so tempted to buy these.

8. Rogue_Dodger

Rogue_Dodger Jedi Master

May 9, 2002
    800 points on XBL and £7.99 on PSN for the Temple Level. Sorry, but that's gouging. I love the game, but that's 1/5 of the full retail cost for ONE level. Crazy talk. Yes, I know there are new skins, but they don't add anything to the game itself.

No sale, sadly. I was looking forward to this as well :(

9. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Actually, if you look at it this way, it's actually quite a deal.

It's 400 for the map, and you also get 9 new characters with the pack. It's an excellent deal. Seeing as I really liked the first character pack and the game, these two are a buy for me.

10. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    (without trawling through hundreds of posts) has anyone here played the Wii version?

Is it OK / Fun to play?

11. darthcaedus1138

Oct 13, 2007
    It really depends on whether you've seen/are used to 360/PS3 graphics. It is overall pretty fun, but the levels are kind of drab compared to the 360 version. It's fun, but you kind of have to lower your standards.

No black lightsaber :_| crystal

12. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    That's cool. The Wii is the family's first console.

Kids are 7, 6 & 4 though, so I'll probably buy Clone Wars Lightsaber Duels for them, and maybe rent Force Unleashed before considering buying it.

13. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Still no Vader? This gives me hope that they will release vader with proper animations[face_praying]

Downloading the other two though. Had some left over ms points.

14. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    It's not available for the PS3, yet, but I'm hopin' it'll be available tomorrow.

15. maderic

maderic Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 8, 2004
    i will not be purchasing this second pack. I think LucasArts has had enough of my money for this lackluster game already.

16. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    Well I bit the bullet and bought one of the costume packs - the one with Count Dooku. :cool:

But seeing C3PO wield a lightsabre and use force lightning is priceless. [face_laugh]

I think I'll buy the extra mission pack when I finally complete the game.

17. Rogue_Dodger

Rogue_Dodger Jedi Master

May 9, 2002
    I see, you're pulling the old "from a certain point of view" trick, huh? :p

Here's how it would be even better: price the map pack at 400, no costumes. If we want to reskin the character, we can buy those separately (though why you'd pay for that escapes me...)

As it stands, at £8 it's very overpriced. 400 points, appx £4 would be fine. Even £4.99 and I think a lot of people would impulse buy.

Out of interest, what's the play time for the level? Can you compare it to any of the existing ones length-wise?

18. darthcaedus1138

Oct 13, 2007
    I've only played a little bit of it so far, but it's cool, and I remember a Lucasarts guy saying the playtime would be between a Cloud City type level and a Raxus Prime type level. So middle length.

I think it would've been better if they would've separated them, though, you're right.

19. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Feedback ASAP!!!
    Please.
    :p

If I didn't have left-over points I wouldn't either, but I hardly ever go on Live sooo I might as well download them so I can keep complaining alot about nothing.:p

Further proof that it isn't about quality, it's about quantity... as in how much LA can rake in. Without fresh animations, ALL of the skins are meh on the action front. Finally... I get Maul to play through with... though I'd love to play through with him as he appeared in game. That'll probably happen next year (along with a Vader one) for another ten bucks or so...

20. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    So I'd have to spend about 1200 MS points for the two skin packs and the Jedi Temple mission. That's, what, $30 or so bucks for one lousy level, a couple of achievables, useless skins with no new animations and --still -- no multiplayer mode of any kind?! I'm so glad I dont have the game anymore nor that many MS points to waste. I find the whole thing downright offensive and distasteful.

21. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    I have far from completed the level yet... only just started it really... but it seems well designed. I'll let everyone know how long it takes once I'm done. Either the difficulty is a bit harder than normal, or my ability at the game has royally deteriorated since I last played it, but it's taking me a while as it actually feels quite hard so far.

The cybernetic stalker costume is pure awesome. Period. It's so karked up and twisted the little Sith devil inside me is squealing with utter delight. =P~

22. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Best place to look at the skins, when you are recuperating at the medical center and start out in the tube, that area has great lighting, just keep switching costumes before you break out.

So my new favorite skins:

Plo Koon: Awesome likeness. The robe flows nicely. Very fun to play with.
    Ben Kenobi: Also really great likeness. Just fun killing troopers as Old Ben.

Dooku: He would be one I'd play with a lot if they had given him his cape. No cape makes me sad. But it's partly redeemed because he DOES have his curved hilt
    Jango Fett: Looks good. But it's weird playing as him or threepio since neither use a saber. And you can't have Jango and not Boba.

Darth Maul: No double saber makes me sad but he still looks awesome.
    Qui-Gon: Looks great. Definitely another fun jedi to play with.
    Mace: Looks like he put on a little weight, but still a great likeness.
    Luke ANH: Looks ok. For some reason Luke just doesn't look as good as the others.

New apprentice costumes:
    Stalker without mask: It's the stalker armor with the sith makeup head from the Costume pack 1. It looks cool but not happy I paid for it.
    Cybernetic: Creepy skeletal thing. very cool.
    Sith training: Pretty much the default outfit with a hannibal lector mask. Still pretty good
    Jedi ceremonial: It's an ok outfit.
    Battle outfit: An ok outfit but nothing great
    Animated: This was pretty cool. And is fun to play around with. It's unfortunate none of the troopers become animated because that would make this a much more fun costume.

Training droids: 2 of them. Big waste of my time as I'll never use them.
    Republic Trooper (ep3 version). Another waste of time.

The Jedi Temple: Completely different from the wii version. You start out jumping out of the ship and you land on a landing platform swarming with imperials. You have to kill all of them and then use the force to move two lightsabers of statues up into position, then the door opens and you can get in.

The main goal is to get to the holocron across a platform. First though, you have to destroy a statue and raise a bridge. You can use push to break the nose of the statue, but that's about it. You have to go through a side area on your left (facing the way you came in) (pretty sure i used push until i made a door) and get in. From there you have to go through some rubble and lift up another door. It will fall back down so dash under there as soon as it's high enough. You're now in a room similar to the briefing room as it has big planets in orbit. And of course it's swarming with troops. I love this area as I played it as Plo Koon. I used the planets as bowling balls and also picked up troopers and casually tossed them through the windows to their death. Eventually you'll go past the planets and there's a balcony with troopers on it. Kill them. Below them is another area. You have to go through a bunch of rubble and then go down through some broken floors. This will eventually lead you to a platform with that giant statue in the middle. Push it. cutscene of statue crumbling. Go all the way back to where the statue was. But instead of going to that side area, use the force to open up another on your right as you first enter the room. Go through there and through more rubble. You'll get trapped with some training droids. The trick to them is destroying anything that glows blue. Saber or push will do it. Then those areas will still have a force lock on them. use lightning and the whole area will have yellow bars shoot out and kill those droids. It's time consuming but fairly easy overall. This will eventually shut down. Go to the upper platform, you'll look out over that bridge that was down. Raise it up. Now the lower door you first entered the training room through will open. Go back up and jump and sprint across to that platform and the holocron.

Cutscene of Kento speaking to you. He tells you must face the jedi trials. The first trial is of the mind. You have to move a ball from one statue to the next. It's a very precise thing and you do this 3 times. If you stray too far out of the blue path, the ba

23. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    I think what happens is it reverses your controls. I'm not totally sure exactly what gets reversed, but the control stick quite simply just is inverted, so up is down, left is right, etc. The buttons seem to swap a bit too... I think the two triggers are swapped, I didn't quite work out how the attack keys are swapped though--maybe they swapped with the d-pad or something?

Finished the level. I'd largely agree with those who said it was Bespin-ish length. It's not long but it's by no means super short either... I'd give it between 30 mins and an hour playtime depending on how much you die. No doubt if you just blitz through taking no time to admire the place you could do it in 15 minutes, but then that's true of Bespin also.

It may just be after not playing the game in a couple of months I now simply just suck, but I found the regular stormies to be unusually hard, as they had the ability to cloak and there were lots of annoying ones with rocket launchers and jet packs that kept blowing me across the area. So, the difficulty is what I found made it take longer than a lot of areas in TFU.

The boss fight was well scripted too in that it felt like an original encounter--well, it was an original encounter--and not just a clone of an existing boss. Sadly, no Phobos or Desolous though, instead it was something different--see yodaminch's blacked out text if you want to know more.

24. JediMaster7299

JediMaster7299 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 19, 2002
    has anyone downloaded the new level/costume packs from the ps3 network? i cannot find it anywhere in the store and it seems everyone who has posted so far has gotten from the 360.

25. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    I haven't seen it on the ps3 network yet, either. Anyone have an idea what the delay could be?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.