main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars The Force Unleashed [All Formats] (General/Non Spoiler Discussion)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by jp-30, Apr 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obie-2-Kenobi

Obie-2-Kenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 18, 2008
    Don't get me wrong, for about two minutes it was cool. Yeah it looked pretty tight, but if all I'm gonna do the whole board is fight troopers, or oh yeah...the annoying little part where a hundred practice droids come after you...it's just not any fun after the newness wears off. But thanks for showing me how to get to it, I would have never thought to start a new game to find it.

2. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Yeah, it was really hard to figure out. They should probably give people instructions how to play it.

3. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    The training droid portion of the level was easy.
    I rarely used lightning when surrounded during the original playthrough so the first time I went through the Temple I pretty much breezed it. Until I got to the floating platform stages. I died a few times trying to get them 'lined-up' I guess I didn't notice the shakes before the bottom fell out on me. Once I figured out that the pieces didn't need to be perfectly lined up, it was a snap.

The Boss Battle was well choreographed and felt smooth.
    Probably the second or third best out of all of them, behind Proxy-Maul and the duel with Vader. The environment was also on point. I shattered every window, broke every statue and Force-pushed every piece of rubble in my way. The way this DLC played, makes me think the Game itself wasn't quite the polished and finished product that it was marketed to be...

4. JediLight

JediLight Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    This game had so much potential, but in the end I think everything (the story, gameplay, graphics) was a huge let down.

It's not a terrible game. Just not a good game either.

5. Rogue_Dodger

Rogue_Dodger Jedi Master

May 9, 2002
    @LawgSkrak

I only played a couple of levels on the PSP version, but I seem to recall it does tell you when it's saving (checkpoints etc). I think the 'save' function only works for the most recent checkpoint, and they don't seem that frequent.

General advice would be that if you aren't going to be away from the PSP for days, just put it in standby rather than shutting down altogether, unless you're certain it's hit a checkpoint. Sorry can't help more than that. I'd stick with it though, the PSP version was pretty impressive from what I recall.

6. babystewie1902

babystewie1902 Jedi Youngling

Aug 13, 2008
    i say new jedi academy that game was cool, TFU was just Episode III with different characters.

7. Fettclone1

Fettclone1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2006
    I've scanned over different posts and see a lot of negative comments about this game.

I was thinking about getting it for the Wii when the price comes down. Would it be worth it?

8. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    I've only seen it played on the Wii, never actually experienced it. But I have to say it looks poor...and that's putting it mildly. The story seems a lot different than the main quest that's in the 360 and PS3 versions and the overall look and feel of the game just felt very, very dated. I'm not sure if it would be worth a purchase.

As for this game being Episode III with new characters? That's odd. I didn't think that ever while playing it; the engines are completely different, from duels to Force powers. While this game is by no means "game of the year", and I'm sure it could have used a lot more polish and, just overall, been better...I don't think it's only use is a coaster for iced tea. It's a game that has some redeeming values.

9. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    The way this DLC played, makes me think the Game itself wasn't quite the polished and finished product that it was marketed to be...

Jeez, that's the understatement of the century as far this game (or even LucasArts in general) goes.

10. Drewton

Drewton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 8, 2009
    If you have PS3 or Xbox360, don't get it for Wii.

11. Fettclone1

Fettclone1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2006
    Understood.

Thanks to all for the replies.

12. EECHUUTA

EECHUUTA Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2007
    Urgghh!!! If I am understanding this correctly, there is no on-disk Duel mode for the X-Box 360, and you can only get it by downloading it of off Live?

Please say it ain't so! That was half of the reason I got this game, and I don't know if I can get Live...[face_frustrated]

13. Histeria

Histeria Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2005
    There's no duel mode on the 360 or PS3 versions at all - not on Live, not anywhere.

In fact, I'm pretty sure this mode is exclusive to the Wii.

14. EECHUUTA

EECHUUTA Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2007
    Ah, thank you. Another question, what about the skins like Kit Fisto Luke Skywalker etc., are they Live exclusive downloads? :confused:

15. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    I've only heard about them coming out on Live, but they may be out on PSN.

16. Histeria

Histeria Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2005
    Yeah. The two downloadbale character packs can be purchased for the 360 and PS3 versions.

17. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Exclussive? Only if you have no credits.
    Have dough = will download.:p

18. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    So TFU is dead now, aye?
    No more skins? No more extra levels?
    STILL no dueling for nexgen systems?

No wonder this thread hasn't been touched in TWO months.

19. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Bumped for new DLC non-spoiler discussion:
    The lightning is way better looking now, and the environment was a little more interactive.

20. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    That's funny, because for me the story and graphics are the only reason I could stand to play this till the end.

I just finished it today finally, I had to turn down the difficulty to Apprentice because the game's incredibly cheap. I probably spent 50% of my time with my face flat on the floor because the getting up animation is so slow, that by the time I get up I'm shot to the floor again, and it happened over and over and over until I felt like putting my fist through the TV.

The biggest annoyance is when you're doing a combo on someone at the edge of something and the animation sends you straight over the edge like you're sliding on butter. I lost count how many times I died because of poor gameplay mechanics that were completely out of my control.

It's probably one of the most irritating games I've never had the pleasure of experiencing.

Having said that, I made it to the end and I enjoyed the plot, I also have a strange urge to play through again and get all the hidden items. I must be insane. 8-}

21. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost star 6

Dec 26, 2001
    You just summed up all my feelings on the game *really* well. It was frustrating as hell in some parts, and not in a "the game is just challenging/hard" way, it was all complete bull that led to dying again and again for no reason. Even after having every upgrade possible, I still have a hard time beating the game on Sith Lord.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.