main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Darth_Zandalor, Nov 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    I really want Tie Fighter 2.

And I really hope this doesn't turn out like the Star Wars Craptacular.

Edit: Phasing this into the official SWTFU 2 thread.

Story link: http://kotaku.com/5425130/from-the-vgas-sequels-announced-for-force-unleashed-true-crime

2. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    Here are some sources for anyone interested:

http://kotaku.com/5412818/new-star-wars-game-to-be-outed-at-vgas

http://twitter.com/geoffkeighley

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/star-wars-spike-tv/59426

3. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    TIE FIGHTER: EMPIRE

4. mxcp204

mxcp204 Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 13, 2006
    It's probably TFU2

5. Jedijake2010

Jedijake2010 Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2008
    I am hoping for a Battlefront III. I know that the game was proposed, worked on, abandoned, worked on some more, abandoned again, rumored to come back, yadda yadda yadda. But it would be great for a nice new, awesome graphics, awesome gameplay Battlefront for the not-so-new-anymore consoles. Honestly though, I welcome just about any new game as long as it isn't, as Darth Zandalor said, a craptacular.

6. ObiWansLostBrother

ObiWansLostBrother Jedi Youngling

Nov 25, 2009
    I'd would EXPLODE! "IF" They would do a Dark Horse "Legacy" comic book game!

Or how about a NEW GAME that takes place after Return of the Jedi?

Battlefront 3??? --> I'd LOVE to see or play as a Darkside Obi-Wan in that game!

As for a TFU 2 game where can it go next?

Only, some where that's going to set up the LIVE Action TV Series!

And I dont think that Lucas is ready for that yet.

I have a feeling it's going to be another download game for it TFU SITH edition instead. A "Darkside" version for Return of the Jedi would rock!

Have Starkiller and Darkside Luke go after Leia! :)

Jeff Frost - aka - www.obiwanslostbrother.com

7. joesdomain

joesdomain Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2006
    It better be Star Wars Battlefront III. I have been waiting for Star Wars Battlefront for PS3 ever since PS3 came out. The game would look awsome with the PS3 graphics.

You know Lucasarts it will end up being another online only star wars game. I can't online. I love single player playing against computer.

Or it will be download only via internet which stinks because my internet connection is terrible.

Please be star wars Battlefront III! Over 4 years we have waited patiently. I can't stand the previous two Battlefronts on handhelds only plus the one that came out on cell phone.

8. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    Battlefront is a terrible series. Come back when you've waited 6 more years.

9. Jedijake2010

Jedijake2010 Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2008
    Yeah, joesdomain, I completely agree. I mean, I actually went out and bought a PSP just so I could get Renegade Squadron. I want Elite Squadron, but I know that no matter what it won't be as fun as BF I and II simply because it is on the PSP. If this is going to be Battlefront III, I am definitely going to have to scrape together some money for a 360 or PS3.

Also, I'd be open to any number of different timelines for this game to be in. Legacy Era would be amazing, so would something way back in the Old Republic when there were plenty of Jedi and Sith to go around. I guess all we can do is wait and hope it is something good. December 12th is only 16 days away...

10. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    Maybe its a sequel to Empire at War. The Petroglyph Newsletter said they were working on a new Online RTS of sorts.

11. snelson

snelson Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2005
    a remake of jedi knight and dark forces would be nice. something about the first jedi knights would be groovy with arden lyn and her lover i forget his name.

12. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    I am hoping that it would be a Rogue Squadron game for the Wii.... It could be possible.

13. Psycho_Sith

Psycho_Sith Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2003
    Maybe it won't just be an announcement of *one* game per se; maybe it's a blanket sort of announcement like Devs do at E3(one can hope anyway).

I've got fingers crossed for BFIII finally, but wouldn't be surprised if it is TFUII as some suggested (which would blow because I couldn't stand that whole 'Starkiller/apprentice' BS story). I'm really hoping for some announcement soon of SoTE from the N64 to show up on the Wii Shop Channel as well.

Either way, I'll be watching for sure.

14. harrison13

harrison13 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 18, 2004
    I have three wishes

A strategy game similar to Company of Heroes

A sequel to Republic Commandoes

Or I hope the remake the dark forces saga. If they do go the dark forces route..i hope the go straight to naughty dog and steal the game engine for uncharted...Uncharted+Star Wars= Dark Forces. Those of you who have played it know what I mean.

15. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    I'd love a conclusion to Republic Commando's cliffhanger of an ending that does not have Traviss' greasy mitts all over it. I want the charm Delta shared that made RC so much fun back rather than the books' tales of angsty clones and post traumatic stress disorder.[face_talk_hand]

However it's more likely to be KOTOR III (However Bioware have not even had a chance to start working on it yet! They've only just released Dragon Age Origins and their next game, Mass Effect 2, isn't even out!) or Star Wars Battlefront III. It's too much hype for another TCW tie in, note the use of footage based on the live action characters in the trailer, or a new franchise.

I kind of hope it's an RPG based in the Yuuzhan Vong era but that's just a fan dream! It'll never happen![face_laugh]

16. Mange

Mange Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2003
    I'm really hoping it's another entry in the X-Wing/TIE-fighter series.

17. CaptSparrow

CaptSparrow Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 5, 2006
    Whatever it is Mark Griskey is composing the music for it. Which means it might be another entry into The Force Unleashed games. I would really like another Republic Commando game or Battlefront III, that's what I would want, but most likely it will just be another game for the PSP and DS.

18. Darthtraya23

Darthtraya23 Jedi Youngling

Nov 26, 2009
    i really hope its battlefront 3
    i also hope they don't just use material from the first six movies. i'd love to fight through the mandalorian war, or the new sith wars.
    i can't wait fot the announcement, its going to stay in my head until they do announce it

19. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    I can only hope it is another X-Wing game. Preferably one that allows you to do mercenary work from the Clone Wars to the Legacy Era, with some Old Republic "historical missions" thrown in.
    Yeah, not going to happen.

And unholy union of Empire at War and Galactic Battle grounds would tickle my fancy as well. Space and Ground combat with many, many different factions.

Turn based strategy based off of the minis game?

BF3 would also be good...and probably the most likely of the suggestions.
    I hope it includes Legacy Era/NJO Stuff stuff and at least one Sith War...but it isn't likely.

20. Psycho_Sith

Aug 3, 2003
    I'd be down with that if it was a direct sequel or even done in the Imperial timeframe.

...but I'm still holding out for BFIII.

21. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    The Spike teaser doesn't actually say it's a game... :p

22. Psycho_Sith

Aug 3, 2003
    ...the other commercial does; the one with the flags unfurling on the Gateway to the West and Eifel Tower with the t-shirt on the Statue of Liberty...that one said "star wars video game announcement" I believe.

If not...good catch, jp.

23. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    Ooooh, an X-wing series game taking place in the clone wars! That would be some extremely large dogfights.

24. drunken-hutt

drunken-hutt Jedi Youngling

Sep 17, 2008
    As much as I would like the announcement to be Battlefront 3, I highly doubt it because when Free Radical lost the rights to make the game last year, they were forced to sell it to a new company. This new company most probably would have had to start the game from scratch as I recall there were some legal problems that prevented this studio from continuing on and building upon the current version of B3.

Also, if you study the leaked B3 trailer carefully, you'll notice that the locations and scenes in it mimic those seen in the cut-scenes and levels of Elite Squadron. This has therefore led me to the suspicion that ES was made just because B3 was canceled, so LucasArts could then have an excuse to make up for a lost Battlefront game.

Here are a list of scenes I saw in the B3 trailer that are basically identical during scenes of ES, which means that the story in ES was the same one in B3:

There is a duel between a clone with no helmet and a Jedi, with the clone wielding a vibrosword.
    A Chiss makes an appearance in both games which is a first for any Battlefront title.
    The hangars are located beneath the ship, instead of it being on the sides.
    You can transition from ground to space.
    You can play as a clone who wears no helmet.
    You can play as Old Obi-Wan Kenobi.

While I don't believe B3 will never get made (as LucasArts have said one or two times that they intend to get that game made), It's just that it won't come out until another two years at least, with a trailer probably arriving mid-late next year at the least.

25. MariahJSkywalker

MariahJSkywalker Poopoo Head star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2005
    A racing game.:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.