main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Darth_Zandalor, Nov 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wookiee_Vader

Wookiee_Vader Jedi Master star 2

Aug 21, 2007
    Whatever it is it better be available on the PC... wouldn't surprise me at all if it's not.

2. EECHUUTA

EECHUUTA Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2007
    Yeah, seriously. We PC gamers have been getting stiffed lately. [face_frustrated]

3. Dark_Lord_ofthe_Sith

Dark_Lord_ofthe_Sith Jedi Master star 2

Jul 24, 2004
    It's a game. They're announcing it during the Spike Video Game Awards, Geoff (the guy hosting the awards) mentioned it at his twitter page and LucasArts also mentioned it at their twitter page.

It's probably one of the Star Wars games LucasArts is developing. They hinted at one of the GameTrailers TV Episodes, that they're working on more than one and there are job listings for different positions at LucasArts. Whatever it is, I hope it has multiplayer and/or co-op. Seems like it might, since they're looking for a mutliplayer designer/engineer. As for which platforms the game will be released on. I don't know if it means anything, but almost all (might be all, I don't remember) the job listings, mention the 360 and the PS3. Then again it could be a Star Wars game from a different developer with LucasArts just producing, like Clone Wars: Republic Heroes. We'll see...

4. Darthbanetheimmortal

Darthbanetheimmortal Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2009
    i'd like to see another X-Wing game, but i'm thinkin it might be BF3, i mean they've had years to start on it....i don't know, i think it'd be awesome to have a next gen platform game. if it is BF3, then i hope they add alot more to it than the first two battlefronts. i wouldn't mind fighting in the clone wars, but i'd also like to fight in other wars, at other times, like stuff from 40 aby-137aby

5. DarthBane95

DarthBane95 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2009
    I would actually like a TFU sequel, I thought that ending to the Hoth level was awesome, but it kinda just left me hanging.

But I would like KOTOR III, or Battlefront III more!

6. Darthbanetheimmortal

May 28, 2009
    tfu2 would be good, but they'd have to put a lot of story in it to make a whole game

7. sith_hunter117

sith_hunter117 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 18, 2008
    Now that I really think about it, the announcement might as well not be a game. It never mentioned the word 'game' except when they said it would be announced at the VGAs. And they could announce something that's not a video game at the Video Game Awards. I guess we'll just have to see.

8. Darthbanetheimmortal

May 28, 2009
    i think it is definately a game. i mean what else could it be at a video game award show?

"we are very proud to announce here at the spike video game awards, that george lucas will be releasing all new star wars book bags foe your kids, there will be yoda boba fett and EVEN VADER!!!"
    *thunderous applause*

9. Dark_Lord_ofthe_Sith

Jul 24, 2004
    um...

10. sith_hunter117

Jul 18, 2008
    Just watch me be right..

11. Dark_Lord_ofthe_Sith

Jul 24, 2004
    No need to. I know you're not.

Twitter.com/GeoffKeighley

Twitter.com/LucasArtsGames

12. Xicer

Xicer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2008
    KotOR 3 or TIE Fighter 2 would be my ideal, and also most unlikely, guesses. I'd actually like for it to be something original and not part of a pre-existing series, preferably outside of the movie timeline.

13. Darth_Comrade

Darth_Comrade Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 3, 2009
    I'd freak if it's either of these:

Battlefront III - first and foremost.

A new Jedi Knight sequel- Kyle's beard has been missing the spotlight for some time now.

A dueling game- One with all the canon and EU characters, Soul Calibur style. Not since Teras Kasi have we seen one and no; A bonus feature on other games doesn't count.

14. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    The hell you two talking about? On PC LucasArts has recently released (or has in development);

The Old Republic MO
    TFU Sith Edition
    LEGO Indiana Jones 2
    Lucidity
    The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes
    Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition

The only game I can think of you're missing out on is Clone Wars: Lightsaber Duels, which is Wii exclusive for obvious reasons.

Edit: Oh, and Fracture.

15. Xicer

Xicer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2008
    IJ, Lucidity and Monkey Island are all non-SW so I haven't played them. TFU-USE is the same as console with a couple of new levels, not really a new game. Republic Heroes sucked. That leaves TOR, which isn't out yet.

Though I suppose this goes for all platforms recently. LucasArts sure hasn't been kind to SW in the last couple years.

16. sith_hunter117

Jul 18, 2008
    I admit defeat.

17. MariahJSkywalker

MariahJSkywalker Poopoo Head star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2005
    I admit defeat.

You're a good sport.

18. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Whatever the game is, I want it to be substantial. Not some shallow cash in a la Republic Heroes. I want something big. Something with a long story and dedicated single player content.

From my guessing I know what it won't be.
    -We will not see a sequel to Empire at War. A strategy game doesn't require this much hype (unless its a Total War game)
    -It will not be KOTOR 3. That project fell apart years ago, and I see no reason for LA to hire Obsidian again.
    -It won't be a Jedi Knight Game. Those were pretty much finished up by the time of Jedi Academy.
    -It definitely won't be a fighting game. Despite a rickety track record of bad releases, LA knows that fans care about Canon.

What it might be
    -Either an RPG, or an FPS/3PS, or a space sim.
    -It could be an entirely new RPG, set during Film Era and beyond.
    -For FPS, we're looking at either something completely new, BF 3 or Republic Commando 2.
    -Space Sim, it will either be Tie Fighter 2, or Arc 170.

19. melkor834

melkor834 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2009
    I'm hoping BF3. And perhaps they could stray away from the Clone/GC wars. Heck they might have some KOTOR Era battle, or Legacy Era abttle. Either would be Efin sweet. Heck they could put some TOR battle in their to hype up the game... Imagine the sacking of Coruscant. :eek:

20. Pakyul

Pakyul Jedi Youngling

Jan 28, 2007
    Personally, I hope it's either Rep. Comm. 2, or a reboot of the Jedi Knight series. KotOR III would be nice, but I find that highly unlikely, since they're making TOR. I also wouldn't mind a new X-Wing or TIE Fighter game, just as long as I don't have to use a joystick for it.

21. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    But the Joystick is what made the game feel so good!

22. X-Factor

X-Factor Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 18, 2009
    While I'd love that to be the case I don't think it's gonna happen. This new MMO has killed off any possibility of there being a KOTOR 3. :(

23. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    I'm gonna say a sequel to Republic Commando, simply because we saw Boss's helmet in the demo of TFU. There should be a reason for that.

Anyway, I'm really hoping it's either that, the next Battlefront console installment, or a decent X-Wing or TIE Fighter game.

24. Psycho_Sith

Psycho_Sith Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2003
    Even if it is, it will probably just be a direct port as many Devs are doing now to cut costs (ala MW2).
    I'm no PC gamer, but you guys do kinda get hosed sometimes and that's pretty beat.

As for the Tie Fighter sequel hopes...not a chance in h3ll guys.
    I highly doubt it's gonna be some jaw-dropping, "out of left field" announcement. It's gonna be KoTOR III, BF III, TFU II, or something like that...LA is cyclical at best (Lego Indy II, anyone?).

25. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    KOTOR 3 has already been announced... sort of.

So said James Ohlen, creative director at BioWare:

"One of the things we like to joke about this game is just the sheer amount of content we're doing and the fact that when our fans ask 'Why aren't you doing Knight of the Old Republic 3?' we?re really doing KOTOR 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12+. We have THAT much content, that many stories, and we really get to do a lot of the things that we wouldn?t have been able to do in KOTOR 3."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.