main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Darth_Zandalor, Nov 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    I wouldn't say that it got crushed. Yes, it didn't reach the heights of KOTOR, but that was about to be expected, being released that shortly after the first one. There was virtually no chance that KOTOR II would win all those game of the year awards that KOTOR won. Hardly any game was as successful as KOTOR in that regard.

TSL did very well in reviews and won a fair share of awards as well. The backlash didn't start until later, when the cut content was found.

I doubt that Obsidian will make a SW-game in the near future, they definately aren't working on one right now, and it's not like they said they weren't interested, quite the opposite actually. But I wouldn't rule out a new game further down the road. LucasArts won't release an RPG with TOR coming up, but there is nothing that would prevent them from making a new RPG once TOR is out a while.

2. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Yeah, crushed might've been a bit too harsh...
    IIRC, the backlash started with the game's ending and then gained momentum as they began to discover all the cut content. But hey, at least the TSL mod has finally been finished! I have no desire to replay it, but I did enjoy a few of the Holowan Lab/Lucasforum MODs, like "Kreia gets a mechno-hand" and whatnot.

3. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
  4. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    That title sounds like a solid 70 rating on Metacritic.

5. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    Wow, you can tell that from a title?[face_hypnotized]

Let's wait until the trailer at least. We don't even know what sort of game this is.:p The name makes it sound like a Tekken style brawler but for all we know it could just be a really, really naff name for a Call of Duty style FPS. ;)

6. Mister_Master

Mister_Master Jedi Master star 6

Oct 17, 2007
    I want it to be a Republic Commando 2. But that is probably very highly unlikely.

7. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Star Wars Legends.

http://kotaku.com/5422190/what-the-deuce-is-star-wars-legends

Intriguing title. Sounds to me like it could be a fighting/combat game.

8. Darthbanetheimmortal

Darthbanetheimmortal Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2009
    well, if its made by activision, i think we'll be seeing lightsabers hewing off limbs...

9. Psycho_Sith

Psycho_Sith Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2003
    Ugh...flashbacks of Masters of Teras-Kasi all over again, ha.

I doubt this "Legends" thing is it; to me, it seems they just registered the trademark & such when they were developing TOR like LFL would do with all of the prequel films.

...I could be totally wrong as well, who knows?

10. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    It's not made by activision. Activision is LucasArts' publisher for the international market. Apparently it's an in-house product from LucasArts.

11. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Quick someone read through the legal mumbo-jumbo and figure out what the game is!

12. Dark_Lord_ofthe_Sith

Dark_Lord_ofthe_Sith Jedi Master star 2

Jul 24, 2004
    They trademarked Star Wars: Legends along with Star Wars: Sagas and Star Wars: The Old Republic, before they announced TOR and they all had the same description and all mentioned "Entertainment services provided on-line by means of global and local area networks...". I thought Legends and Sagas sounded like MMO titles and thought that maybe they hadn't decided what to call TOR yet and so they registered some alternate titles. However, since Star Wars: Legends appeared on the Australian Classification Board a long time after TOR's announcement and mentions LucasArts as the developer, I guess that's not the case.

Anyway...I don't see why some think this is going to be a fighting game. I don't think LucasArts would make one (Yes, I know about Masters of Teras Kasi). I'm guessing the M rating will make a lot of people happy, especially if it's a Jedi game. Maybe it's a Star Wars Saga game where you get to play as different characters from the movies. Kinda like Lego Star Wars, but with the engines (Euphoria and DMM) used in The Force Unleashed.

Whatever it is, I'm excited! We'll find out soon enough.

13. sith_hunter117

sith_hunter117 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 18, 2008
    Only a couple days till we finally figure out what LA has in store. The plot thickens.

14. Darthbanetheimmortal

Darthbanetheimmortal Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2009
    i think it's going to be something like the old republic, but on ps3 and 360. not near as crazy as old republic not open world. maybe like a battlefront type of game that goes through different sagas in the star wars universe. play as a warrior, or be a jedi or sith legend in battle? nah idk what it'll be but since its online idk...

15. Spork111

Spork111 Jedi Master star 2

Jun 19, 2002
    I wish it would be something like X-Wing or TIE Fighter - maybe something a little less simmy, like what Secret Weapons Over Normandy was for WWII air combat. They could even do a Clone War-era game with Jedi Starfighters, ARC-170's, etc... I mean, Anakin Skywalker was "the best starpilot in the galaxy," right? I've been feeling really space-combat deprived as of late. {Sigh} If wishes were horses...

However, given LA's recent track record, it'll probably be something like the Jedi Knight series, KOTOR, or The Force Unleashed... Keep in mind, I like those games a great deal, but still - could we have something different? Star Wars ain't all about lightsabers and force powers, y'know! And yeah, for some reason "Star Wars: Legends" sounds like a fighting game to me - like Soul Calibur. I fervently hope it's not, though - Masters of Teras Kasi, here's looking at you!

You never know, though. Maybe they'll really throw us for a loop and make some kind of an adventure game! That would be something...[face_whistling]

16. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    sounds like an rpg along the lines of xmen legends

17. Dark_Lord_ofthe_Sith

Dark_Lord_ofthe_Sith Jedi Master star 2

Jul 24, 2004
    Why? Because it has the same sub-title with X-Men Legends?

18. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004
    I know it's too much to ask for but I'd love the game to be KOTOR III.

19. xoubara

xoubara Jedi Master star 2

Mar 4, 2003
    I just found out Activision is also partnered with Raven Software, who developed Jedi Outcast, and who has one undetermined game on their list. I do really hope this is another jedi knight game! [face_praying]

20. Mister_Master

Mister_Master Jedi Master star 6

Oct 17, 2007
    I think a Kotor type game set in a different era would be cool.

21. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    As was already mentioned, it appears like this game is developed directly by LucasArts. Activision is the publisher for the international market. Since this report is from Australia, it falls under the international category, which is why they are listed as well.

22. xoubara

xoubara Jedi Master star 2

Mar 4, 2003
    Oh my... I didn't remember. Well, it was nice while it lasted :p

23. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    You know...Legends...it doesn't seem to say anything about the game's genre to me...more like its story.

it sounds like it will be a multi-generational thing. "Play from the Great Hyperspace War to the Sith-Imperial War" type of thing. I mean, not that broad as much as I would like that. But same general idea.

24. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Wasn't there a rumor a while back that there was going to be a Clone Wars-based MMO?

25. Celeste_Morne

Celeste_Morne Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2008
    As long as its for PC I'm stoked, especially if it's actually M (ESRB style) then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.