main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Darth_Zandalor, Nov 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    I know! I remember feeling rather down after reading all that, since I thought most of those ideas were more creative and cool than the Force Unleashed game...now that Force Unleashed was bad, but I would have preferred something else.

But no, the "mainstream" audience will apparently reject anything all about jedi all the time.

*Sigh* With this in mind the new game is most assuredly also going to be about jedi....

2. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    They could take a page from the comics/books and have every other title have the word "Dark" in it, I s'pose... :p

3. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    They have, but they called him "Dash Rendar".

4. Mister_Master

Mister_Master Jedi Master star 6

Oct 17, 2007
    I like these to. Underworld sounds like it would be a really cool game. Kinda like Kotor, but you get to play just a regular person and not a Super Mysterious Jedi General.

5. Sword_0f_The_Jedi

Sword_0f_The_Jedi Jedi Youngling

Jul 27, 2009
    A Jaina-centric Force Unleashed during the Vong War.

6. Spork111

Spork111 Jedi Master star 2

Jun 19, 2002
    [face_laugh] Yeah, really! I enjoyed SOTE on the N64 (gosh, that was a loooong time ago!), but I have to say that was its biggest problem. It's like they thought, "Oh I know! Let's make a big multimedia project set between TESB and ROTJ! And we'll base it around Han Solo! ....oh, wait. Well, let's just make another one!" It makes you wonder why they didn't just set it between ANH and TESB - there's a much longer time period there and all the characters are open. But I digress...

This VGA announcement better be good considering it's been so hyped up...[face_worried]

7. sith_hunter117

sith_hunter117 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 18, 2008
    Its just my luck that I don't have Spike. I'm going to have to rely on you guys to tell me what the announcement is.

8. DarthGeist

DarthGeist Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 3, 2008
    Don't know if this has been mentioned yet (I skimmed through the thread, didn't see it), but wasn't one of the original concepts for the Force Unleashed a game set during the New Jedi Order?

9. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    Force Unleashed II... How original :rolleyes:

10. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Samuel L. Jackson just announced it. It's The Force Unleashed 2.

Trailer features the apprentice walking down a hallway with Vader and Yoda's voices alternating in his head, then he enters a large Gladiator-like arena where a dead Rancor is casually tossed towards him from the darkness. Out steps a giant beastly creature, and the apprentice runs and jumps up towards it. Two lightsabers formed the II in the title.

11. Xicer

Xicer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2008
    The good news: It's not a TCW game
    The bad news: It's a TFU sequel...

:_|

12. Darth_Brutus666

Darth_Brutus666 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2006
    There is always the possibility that it won't be a bad game.

13. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    So how the hell does this story work!?:confused: The apprentice dies, there is no room for a sequel. And TBH what is there of interest in a prequel to it? :oops: I think I'm more excited by legends.[face_worried]

14. Ichor_Razor

Ichor_Razor Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    Though what era it takes place in remains to be seen. New Jedi Order? 140 BBY (it could be possible if his body was frozen in carbonite and brought back to life over a century later)? or a what-if scenario?

15. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    Now where's my prize. [face_plain]

16. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009

Lucasarts and their guerilla advertising tactics.:oops:

17. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Okay, it's TFU 2.

So WTK is Star Wars Legends? Is this that? Is TFU 2 gonna be M?

18. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    There is NO "M" Star Wars game and there never will be. M in Australian ratings equals T in the US.

19. sith_hunter117

Jul 18, 2008
    Oh great...

20. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    According to the trailer, you can claim your prize in 2010 :p

21. sith_hunter117

Jul 18, 2008
    I still don't understand how they can bring the Apprentice back after he died. What is Lucasarts coming to...?

22. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
    He doesn't die if you choose the dark side. Even so, maybe it's a new character? Wait, it's not a new character. :p

23. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    The trailer is great. The beggining is dark, reminiscent of the ending to ROTS and has Vader and Yoda having a glorified yo mamma' fight over the top of it. And the 'rancor' fight looks just like some of that concept art we saw. It should have me leaping up and down with joy. But because Galen Marek is supposed to be dead I just can't help but feel this is a dud...:_|

I also can't help but realise how little time this game will have had to develop. Two years. That is not a lot of time to formulate a great sequel, not story wise anyway. There better be a lot of very talented individuals on II, both in the writing and the game development departments. Or I'm going to go ape.[face_monkey]

EDIT: @Zacparis: If the trailer is anything to go by it's a continuation of the light-side ending of TFU:I. And how would a new character be concerned about Juno. ;)

24. sith_hunter117

Jul 18, 2008
    Yeah but the light side ending was canon. And it might be a new character (which explains the dual wielding lightsabers.) Who knows?

25. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
    Let the clone rumours begin!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.