main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:SA Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Something is coming!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Darth_Rhadei, Aug 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Rhadei

Darth_Rhadei Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 15, 2008
    Hey Guys.

Been a while since I've actually visited, but I figured I'd post a bit of information for those of you who own the Star Wars: Force Unleashed for either the Playstation 3 or Xbox 360 consoles. Over the past few weeks, LucasArts have announced that Star Wars: The Force Unleashed will be receiving some additional features and content to keep the fans interested. What these "features & content" entail is:

* Trophy Patch for the original Playstation 3 edition:
    If you don't know what trophies are, they are basically in-game achievements that are earned after completing a specific requirement. Example being "Slay fifty Rodian's in five minutes on Raxus Prime".
    * New Levels
    These new levels are situated in a "What if the Sith won?" timeline. So basically bugger Darth Vader's appearance in Episodes IV, V and VI - Its now Galen "Starkiller" Marek who takes up the mantle of Darth Sidious's right hand (Until he finds a suitable replacement). These levels include Tatooine (Where you will engage Boba Fett), Hoth (Where you will engage Luke Skywalker from ESB) and the Jedi Temple (Which was included in the Playstaion 2 edition, but the PS3 edition came in the form of DLC).
    * Star Wars: The Force Unleased - Ultimate Sith Edition
    The patch is just for the owners of the original version of the Playstation 3 edition. The Ultimate Sith Editon will include all of the above, and its rumored to include the DLC skins and Hoth level, Tatooine and Jedi Temple levels. The new edition will be for the Playstation 3, Xbox 360 and the PC in Fall of this year (Whenever it is for us...)
    * PC Edition
    Yeah, thats right. LucasArts have said they've had a change of heart, and are now going to be releasing a PC edition of the game. So for those of you without one of the newer consoles, you can still experience this awesome game on the PC when the Ultimate Sith Editon drops later this year.

So what does this mean for us owners of the original edition?
    Well basically, its a mixed reception. In some ways its a kick in the nuts, and in other ways its just pure awesomeness. For those of us with the original version of the game, we'll still get the patch including the new level of Tatooine and Trophies (For the PS3, XB360 had achievements since launch) but to play the Hoth level you'll need to have the Ultimate Sith Edition.

Another thing, if you already have save games for the Playstation 3 original edition when the patch comes out. Guess what. You'll be playing it all over again, because LucasArts are stating "It is too difficult to add trophies to existing savegames". In some ways it sucks, but eh. You get to experience its awesomeness again.

Anyway, that's all from me. I'm off to crawl into my little hole again. If you have questions, feel free to PM me.

- Matt/Hyp3rstrike/Rha'dei

2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Wow! Thanks for that information DR, I know there are a couple of guys here who have completed that game and I'm sure, given the right motivation, will do so again!! ;)

3. milney

milney Jedi Master star 5

Aug 21, 2003
    So... for those with the Wii version, no joy?

What about using the WiiConnect24? :(

4. Sabre_11

Sabre_11 Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 1, 2005
    People on the Wii get something that is arguably better than TFU...

Remember the Super Star Wars games? Those incredibly fun yet infinitely hard games on the SNES? Wii Virtual Console. Hells to the yeah!

I'd almost buy a Wii just to get them :(

5. Darth_Rhadei

Darth_Rhadei Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 15, 2008
    @ Milney

Theres been no word as to a U.S.E. for the Wii.
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/251-Star-Wars-The-Force-Unleashed
    Hope that explains as to why they're not bothering.

6. Sabre_11

Sabre_11 Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 1, 2005
    Just as a warning to anyone clicking the above link, keep in mind Yahtzee isn't the most polite critic on the net, so expect coarse language ;)

7. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Not too bad, a few words to watch, but over all, VERY FUNNY!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.