main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Richmond,VA Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Video game

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by gloominara_unruli, May 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gloominara_unruli

gloominara_unruli Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2006
    hi everyone! since i work at gamestop i figured that i should post the short description and release date.
    heres the description:

The Star Wars saga continues in Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, a videogame developed by LucasArts, which casts players as Darth Vader's "Secret Apprentice" and promises to unveil new revelations about the Star Wars galaxy. The expansive story, created under direction from George Lucas, is set during the largely unexplored era between Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith and Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope. In it, players will assist the iconic villain in his quest to rid the universe of Jedi - and face decisions that could change the course of their destiny.

features include:
    During the period between Episodes III and IV, players hunt Jedi in the role of Darth Vader's Secret Apprentice.
    Unleash and upgrade the Secret Apprentice's four core Force powers - Force push, grip, repulse and lightning - throughout the course of the game, and combine them for ultra-destructive, never-before-seen combos.
    Examples of unleashing the Force in ways never thought possible:
    - The Secret Apprentice won't just Force push enemies into walls - he'll Force push enemies through walls.
    - The Secret Apprentice won't just Force grip foes to throw them aside - he'll Force grip them in midair, zap them with lightning, then drop them to the ground to explode like a bomb.
    In addition to new adversaries created just for the game, such as fugitive Jedi and Force-sensitive Felucians, players will also confront and associate with familiar faces from the Star Wars films, including Darth Vader.
    Visit locations such as Episode III's Wookiee homeworld Kashyyyk and the floral Felucia, the junk planet Raxus Prime, plus an Imperial TIE fighter construction facility.
    Decisions made by players throughout the game will determine the path of the story, including multiple endings that will rock Star Wars continuity as they know it.
    The Force Unleashed is LucasArts' first internally developed title for next-generation consoles, and it represents the first in-game collaboration of talents and technology between LucasArts and Industrial Light & Magic, two companies now finally under one roof at the new Letterman Digital Arts Center in San Francisco's Presidio district.
    The Force Unleashed debuts Digital Molecular Matter from Pixelux and euphoria behavioral simulation from NaturalMotion Ltd.
    LucasArts is preparing an unprecedented promotional effort around the launch of The Force Unleashed, encompassing a full line of toys and game-based action figures from Hasbro, as well as a full publishing program from Dark Horse, Del Rey and Palace Press

Sounds pretty cool huh? i cant wait until it comes out...next febuary. and heres the kicker its only for ps3 and xbox 360.

miranda

2. James3

James3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2006

And that is why I WON'T BUY IT! [face_frustrated]

3. ItsThatGuy

ItsThatGuy Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 12, 2006
    That's rediculous. That is the dumbest thing you have ever said!

xbox and ps2 are now no longer in production...Why? Because they have better systems out...

The same reason why they are no longer making nintendo games for the NES, it was an awesome system for its time, but now it's time to move on to something better!

4. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    Dumb, stupid, whatever I still can't bring myself to buy it. ;)

I will not buy a PS3 or a XBOX360 anytime soon. We didn't even buy the xbox and PS2 until just a couple of years ago. You forgot buddy that I could give a rip about these gaming consoles. The boy is happy and I enjoy messing around with them with him but I went through life just fine not having anything other then the old Atari deal and I didn't much care for that.

My big complaint is for the PC gamers. While I don't do much online gaming I know several of our friends that do. The game makers are not releasing PC versions because they need to support the console market which has priced itself so insanely high that you can now pay more for a game system then you can for a nice new desktop or even laptop.

If I get a new game system soon it will be the Wii. The price is not too bad, and the best thing about it is that it makes you get up and play. :D

5. ItsThatGuy

Oct 12, 2006
    Yeah, these companies are trying to make these consoles replace everything! Like a Multi-media center!

They think people want one machine that will allow you to - Play CD's, High Definition DVD's, browse the internet, play games...

Which is a great concept, but I already have all that. I have a Laptop, a DVD player, a surround sound system (with CD tray), I can buy a DVD upconverter that can upconvert regualar $15 DVD's to 1080p.

So I understand where you are coming from. I don't want/need a console that can do all that.

I want to play video games - and that's it. I could care less about all the other features that cost me $400 more!

6. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    Right on bud! =D=

I really got fed up with it when it was clear that Sony was more interested in pushing it's HD format then making a good game station. How many boards have fried since it came out??

I say we go do the cart racing again. :D

7. JEDIMASTER_VIDAL

JEDIMASTER_VIDAL Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 2, 2007
    =D= i will be getting that game . i cant wait but[face_laugh] (FIRST I NEED TO BUY A 360)

8. JoeRichmondVA

JoeRichmondVA Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2006
    Suck it up guys, or the future is just gonna roll over you and your l33t g@ming skillz will slowly fade away! Stop pretending the gaming world is supposed to be about gaming and gamers, its just big business now, and you can choose to 'play the game' (no pun intended) or not, but the industry is what it is.

I have a feeling once you go over someone's house and force hurl a few stormtroopers around in that game, one of these latest gen boxes will mysteriously appear on the christmas list...:D

9. TGaines1

TGaines1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 2, 2007
    I tell ya man, all the hype around this game may just lead me to request santa stuff one under the tree. I must admit though, I'm alot like James. Man, I only bought the xbox a couple years ago basically for the Star Wars games with Battlefront II being the icing on the cake. Hope that price comes down a bit though.

10. ItsThatGuy

Oct 12, 2006
    Well Sony had better get it's act together. It lost a customer...me!

What a joke, they release there PS3 with many promised, and they broke all of them. Most of the early released systems had bugs, and the games selection sucks!

11. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    Yep.

I would like to have one of the new deals as much as everyone else but that is just way to much money for something that just does not get much use.

Sony took their time to get this puppy out and it was/is still total crap. That is very disappointing. but they want to push their format more then anything right now.

12. ItsThatGuy

Oct 12, 2006
    That's all it is...a push for BluRay! I hope both BluRay and HD DVD formats fail!

Upconverter all the way!

13. Kmunee

Kmunee Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2001
    I plan on purchasing a next gen system within the next month or two. More than likely it will be a PS3. I have heard too much bad stuff about the Xbox 360. Just go into a Gamestop and see how many used systems on the shelve. One guy I work with is on his third Xbox 360.

I considered getting one because I have an xbox because of the SW exclusive titles that the PS2 couldn't get. I buy the system based on the games. SW Unleashed is definitely one that has peaked my interests.

14. ItsThatGuy

Oct 12, 2006
    A friend of mine has both PS3 and the 360.

Him and I agree the 360 has WAY more titles.

The only thing I like about the PS3 is the wireless internet feature...other than that [face_talk_hand]

He has never complained about his 360 having any issues...his PS3 did freeze up alot.

15. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    Has anyone seen the newest insanity? Microsoft now makes the XBOX 360 Elite in black with a 120 gig hard drive and comes with a HDMI cable.

And yeah, the boy is asking for one.

And it didn't help that I had a blast playing games with you guys last week.

Anyone have xbox games cheap. besides the rip ya stores.

16. TarnishedFILM

TarnishedFILM Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 23, 2007
    I'm a life long PC gamer and feel utterly and completely BETRAYED by Lucas Arts on this game... i mean.. some of the BEST PC Games were by Lucas Arts... WTF.... I'm sad.... and hurt

17. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    I'll probably be getting one of the systems in the near future, and definitely plan on getting TFU. I'd prefer it on PC, but what can you do. I'll most likely wait for a 360 price drop, and buy my games used.

I do have to say that I totally prefer the PS controller over the Xbox controller, but that's probably just because the other day was my first time ever playing an Xbox game. Give me a mouse and keyboard any day for a FPS.

Right now, I am totally addicted to Battlefield 2142...

18. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    I always sucked at PC games. I was a doom freak but had to use the keyboard only and never did very well. That is why racing really worked for me, turn wheel push gas. :D

I feel for y'all PC gamers though. The world has totally changed from PCs being the real gaming platform to the consoles ruling the roost. The crappiest thing about that is that now you have to set up an account with your console deal and xbox can only play xbox, PS to PS etc. That really breaks up the amount of people that you can play against, with, or whatever. And even more sting is that with xbox you have to pay for the online access. That is a whole other issue to complain about. [face_shame_on_you]

So we all end up getting XBOX 360s by December, Paying the 50 bucks or whatever to be online, and all buy this Force Unleashed game thinking that we can all do a big Commonwealth Cantina Deathmatch deal and with our luck it won't support that.

Halo 3 anyone? [face_devil]

19. shabad

shabad Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2006
    Controllers have kept me out of the console loop. I've been PC gaming since 1884 and even though I have a Wii now it's more for the wife and kid, I almost never play it. I'd like to get an Xbox but I think I wouldn't play it either and I doubt I would get the value out of it. Of course playing PC games and upgrading the PC every couple years is crazy expensive too...

Joe we should really try to play some PC games together online, I've never been that into online play but it's always been fun with friends. I guess I should buy 2142.

20. ItsThatGuy

Oct 12, 2006
    PC Gaming since 1884 - that's awesome! [face_dancing]

21. shabad

shabad Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2006
    Yes in the late Nineteenth century PC gaming rigs were powered by steam and required entire rooms of the house to be dedicated to cooling the massive pistons that powered the machines. The display was a simple valve system like a pipe organ only mounted horizontally and in rows of 20 by 20. The valve caps were painted black on one side and red on the other. Each valve cap was activated independently with only a few minutes delay from the manual typing that transfered the inputs to hundreds of sheets of copper cards that would be punched then fed to the steam powered processor, calculated, then transferred to the valves creating the display. Each "bit" that was punched would then be sent back through the cooling room and melted into new sheets making the process extremely efficient. One game would cost only 8,000 guineas to to play. Blazing fast 1 frame per minute action too (if you could type fast enough!)

I always enjoyed the Racing the Canals of Mars Series.

Alright that required way too much thinking...

22. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    You coulda finished Paul's armor by the time you wrote that! lol

I've been PC gaming since I got my Atari 400 way back in the day, loading my games from cassette (back when people had patience and didn't require instant gratification), and playing text based games, including flight sims. My favorite was B1 Bomber I think it was called, a real time text based fly over Russia and nuke the Kremlin. By real time, I mean it took hours (at least in my failing memory) to get from your airport to Moscow, just for that one shining moment of knowing you just annihilated a million people. Ah, the memories of downloading the latest game by sticking your phone receiver into that modem thingie with the two cups.

If anyone wants to blow up the world, download DefCon off of Steam, its fun.

Luke, and anyone else, if you got the rig, get BF2142, and join Eddie and I, we play a couple nights week. If we aren't playing that, we are playing Swat 4, which has a fantastic multiplayer mode that we are quite addicted to also. We do VoIP using Teamspeak, but will probably be switching to Xfire.

23. ItsThatGuy

Oct 12, 2006
    LMAO - Luke...wow... I don't know what to say to that! [face_laugh]

PC gaming steam punk style!

24. TGaines1

TGaines1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 2, 2007
    Intellivision guys. Intellivision blew Atarioutta the water man. The graphics for the time were far superior. I had mine about the time Tony was born!

25. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    The Colecovision I have in the basement is older than Tony. That Smurf game one that was great. Who knew that someday Tony would come into my life and I would have my own little Smurf.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.