main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Richmond,VA Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Video game

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by gloominara_unruli, May 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James3

James3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2006
    :oops:

Can we paint him blue?

Joe, the sad thing is that we all have really cool "big kid" toys that are older then Tony.

2. StrangeWings

StrangeWings Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2005
    I still have my intellivision. Also 2 Ataris and an original nes. I always wanted a Colecovision but never got one. I always hated with the intellivision those little cards that you put in the controller...I always lost mine. My favorite game was Tron.

3. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    So I guess the big question is this:

Who all is going to get a XBOX 360 or Playstation 3 here soon when this game comes out?

4. TGaines1

TGaines1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 2, 2007
    TRON? Man wwaaayyy back in the early 80's I used to ride my bike with a couple of buddies and pretend we were light cycles and try not to crash into each other! duh! Also reminds me how we used to pretend our bikes were Xwings or Tie fighters. Since I had a banana set on my bike, I was always a Xwing. You know I'm cashed out for the time being but I still may ask Santa Claus to bring me one for Xmas. I could just wait into next year to be honest as TFU is going to be around a long time. 5 friends with Xbox 360 and two of them have had to send them back. 3 friends with PS3, one of them has had to send it back. Not very good odds.

5. JoeRichmondVA

JoeRichmondVA Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2006
    As soon as all of the new 360's that are being manufactured now without the red ring of death issue are in the channel, I will probably get one. Any stock in stores now is still a candidate for RRD and hence could need to be returned to MS to be fixed.

6. gloominara_unruli

gloominara_unruli Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2006
    one of the guys i work with told me about the new psp coming out in september... it will be white with vaders helmet on the back and it also comes with battlefront. im really excited about this one...but i think there is a limited run.

miranda

7. ItsThatGuy

ItsThatGuy Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 12, 2006
    Yeah - the new slim PSP.

I was hoping they would instead give it another analog pad and just convert the PS2 games over to it....PSP has a horrible selection of games at a high price...

8. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    See Miranda! That's why we need ya on here. I had no clue about this. :oops:

9. gloominara_unruli

Nov 19, 2006

i cant believe im getting ready to say this but the re-release of final fantasy 1 and 2 on psp is just garbage...have you ever bought any used games from gamestop?( shameless plug) its alot cheaper than paying walmart or target prices.

10. ItsThatGuy

Oct 12, 2006
    Yeah, the mark-up is still heavy - and there aren'y any titles I am really interested in. If they have it for Ps2 I would get that before PSP...

11. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    I've bought used PS2 games from Gamestop, but I would never sell anything to them. I brought it my Gameboy Advanced, with 8 games, and they wanted to give me a grand total of $26 dollars for it. They were selling them used for at least $70 at the time and the games for about $10 each on average. I told them they were crazy, and went home and sold it as a package on eBay for $150.

Circuit City and other big retailers are test-marketing selling used games in certain markets, so if that goes well for them and they get their act together on it, Gamestop could be in big trouble. I think we are probably a couple years away from that still.

On the bright side, you can find almost any game you want at Gamestop. I should have picked up Advanced Wars DS when I saw it there last time.

12. ItsThatGuy

Oct 12, 2006
    I still haven't found a used copy of Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliances II....?

13. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    Gamestop really confuses me. I need to go to one where someone can take a little time and walk me through stuff. I went in to one location to get some kind of cards for my brothers Warcraft World game for Christmas and then dude looked at me like I was an idiot. I told him that he was supposed to be the dang expert not me, give me what ever it is I need. Really bad experience. Like I have said before, I am not real big on all the game stuff so I don't have any patience for guys treating me like a moron because I am not part of their deal.

14. TGaines1

TGaines1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 2, 2007
    Right you are James. Sometimes when I talk to folks in the stores or ask questions outta ignorance, these folks will look at me with moon eyes and a big blank stare like a Culpeper Cow chewing her cud!
    It's like, if ya want the sale, take a moment to stop what you're doing and talk to me.

15. ItsThatGuy

Oct 12, 2006
    They don't get paid enough to talk to you... [face_dancing]

16. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    The problem with these stores is that they usually hire people who like videogames, but they typically lack customer service training. I too have bad experiences in Gamestop and EB Games. I have had some decent experiences in the Gamestop over here though, but its hit or miss.

I won't ever shop at the EB games on Hull Street because I was in there about to buy a DS lite and a couple games, and my 3 year old suddenly needed to pee (anyone who has kids knows what this is like), and they absolutely refused to let us use the bathroom there saying it was a "security risk". I picked her up, put her on the counter and right in front of the clerk told her it was ok to pee right there. She wanted a bathroom though, so I cursed the clerk out, and we left and went to 5 guys. For those of you who know me, me cursing someone out in public is pretty damn rare, but if you are causing a problem for my kid, watch out.

Because of the brainlessness of the clerk, they lost about $200 in sales that day, and lost a customer for life, and I have also badmouthed them to anyone who cares to listen, hopefully hurting their sales even more. I emailed the company about the issue, and never got a reply, further solidifying my decision to never shop at that store. Unfortunately, now they are both owned by the same company...

17. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    That is the kind of crap that really just drives me nuts. This whole post 9-11 era of everything is a "security risk" is total Bravo Sierra! People need to stop watching stuff like 24 and thinking it is real. Security was my business, I was real dang good at it and I can't stand that people now use it for all kinds of crap excuses. (See Tony and his drama with a Jawa blaster) I don't know why most retailer's are so stupidly paranoid on having the bathroom avaliable for public use but it is one of the most nimrod things ever.

Here is a good one for y'all...

We were installing cameras and hold up switches in a retail chain and when my partner was heading in to go one of the clerks got all out of shape saying that he couldn't go to the bathroom there and had to go on down to the public area bathrooms. He looked at her like she was out of her mind and then looked at me with the classic "what did I do" expression and I was shaking my head asking her what possible reason she had for him not being able to use the bathroom. "Security risk" was the first answer. I told her that made no sense being as we were the guys that could break in to the store, steal the place blind and walk out with out an alarm going off or any recording at all. Next answer, "Health reasons" I of course replied to that that I was pretty sure he was house broken and would not pee on the floor or the seat. Finally, we got around to the fact that they just don't let the public use the bathroom so they have the BS reasons they spout off to send folks away.

Joe, I would have loved to seen her flood the counter. That would have been priceless. Little ones need to go at an instant. I say let em get to the potty!

The bigger concern is that more and more businesses seem to have a no reply "I don't give a crap" attitude when it comes to unhappy customers. It used to be that a letter sent, phone call made, or email sent ment something.

18. gloominara_unruli

Nov 19, 2006
    im sorry everyone has had bad experiences with gamestop... i am not exactly happy with them myself. i hate the store i work at in colonial heights. i am the only one in there that knows anything about rpgs. it was the complete opposite at my old store. they wont let me transfer back there either. one of the girls i used to skate with has a salon that is looking for a full time receptionist, so keep your fingers crossed for me!

19. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    Totally! Good luck for sure.

And I will remember next time if I need help with gaming stuff to check with you first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.