main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars STAR WARS: THE GATHERING STORM

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by CPL_Macja, Jan 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    12 standard weeks after the Battle of Yavin.

[image=http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp48/CPL_Macja/RebelPoster.jpg]

A mysterious man sits in the shadows of the local cantina sipping on slightly smoking concoction. He seems to be intently studying the data pad that lay before him on the stone table he is sitting behind. Even though for all appearances it looks like he is ignoring his surroundings, you have the distinct feeling that he knows exactly what everyone around him is doing.

[image=http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp48/CPL_Macja/Alliance_recruitment_agent.jpg]

Cautiously you approach the table and take up the seat across from the mystery man. Without hesitation or even looking up from his data screen he speaks, ?So? you want to join the Alliance, eh?? His tone is loud enough for you to make out every distinct and precise word, but soft enough to be lost in the constant din that filled the establishment.

Before you can reply he continues, ?A Rebel?s life is not an easy one. Ill-equipped, outnumbered, hunted, and with no refuge, Rebels must constantly battle and elude the forces of the Empire.? He pauses long enough to take another sip from his drink. ?Although they struck a huge blow at Yavin, the Rebels hold little chance for victory. The Empire?s reach is nearly boundless, its power overwhelming.?

[image=http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp48/CPL_Macja/Antagonize.jpg]

Suddenly you start wondering if this is truly your ?recruiter? or perhaps he is a member of the Imperial Security Bureau. You would not put it past the ISB to set up false meetings with potential Alliance recruits in order to make arrests. But as a team of Stormtroopers make a round through the joint you notice that your ?friend? seems to shrink even further into the shadows until they passed.

[image=http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp48/CPL_Macja/Wretched_Hive.jpg]

After ensuring the coast was clear, your contact continued with his sales pitch. ?Even with the odds stacked against us, all across the galaxy, courageous people like you, continue to flock to our cause. We must remain determined to halt the spread of Imperial tyranny and once again restore order to the galaxy.? Without warning he stands, chugs the remainder of his drink, and hands you a data chip. ?If you are serious about joining our cause meet me at Mesa 291 on Bothawui in one standard week.? He walks by you on his way towards the exit but stops as if he forgot something. He turns back towards you, ?The name?s Tiree by the way. Welcome to the Rebellion.?

Star Wars: The Gathering Storm

This Role Playing Adventure gives you and a few other players a chance to enlist in the fight against the evil Galactic Empire. You will all begin in a desolate place called Mesa 291 as recruits of the Rebel agent Tiree. It will not be easy ? and it may not turn out the way you expect. Only original characters will be accepted as most cannon characters have a set way they joined the Rebellion. All Imperials and enemies will be written by the GM to start, but may become available in the future.

Some of you avid tabletop gamers may recognize this as an old WEG Star Wars d6 adventure. If you are familiar with this opening game please refrain from spoiling the suspense, surprise, and excitement of the unknown from the adventure.

The Rules of the Game:

1. PM THE GM YOUR CHARACTER SHEET FOR APPROVAL! DO NOT POST CHARACTER SHEET IN THREAD OR YOU WILL BE IGNORED.
    2. THERE WILL BE NO FORCE-USERS AT THE START OF THE GAME!
    3. The GM's word is LAW. If you disagree with a decision I make or if you have complaints, please PM me. Please do not post your disagreements in the thread.
    4. No Godmoding! First time violators will be asked to edit their post. Repeat violators will be removed from the game.
    5. No flaming or baiting. If you have a problem with something another player has done PM me we s

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.