main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Ep. VIII) - Dec 15th, 2017

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Gallandro, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    Initial reaction:
    [​IMG]

But after I have calmed down, I think it may be for the better. I hope whatever we get will be satisfying now that Rian has more time to finish this project and that the additional seven months of wait are worth of it.

2. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    I'm going to let Kylo do the talking for me
    [​IMG]

3. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    I'm so mad.......I WANT A MAY Release.. LIFE IS RUINED.... IT'S OVER..
    :_|

Welp, hopefully this is a good call..

4. IrisBest

IrisBest Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2015
    I'm hoping this delay is more to do with maximizing box office potential than it is about problems with the script. I know there are those rewrite rumors but I think those are probably pretty standard rewrites and the filming schedule is playing out pretty close to what it would have been with the original release date. I mean Rian's been working on it for a long time already so I figure they have things planned out a bit better - I doubt he really needed the extra time, it's just a nice bonus most likely.

dekaneas and MattOrgana like this.
  5. DARTH MUPPET

DARTH MUPPET Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 16, 2001
    I'm actually a little relieved. They were cutting it rather close with the original release date.

6. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
  7. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015

OT too.

8. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Lucasfilm's schedule for this movie was unrealistic from the start. This should not be an assembly line.

9. Darth Severus

Darth Severus Jedi Padawan

Jan 19, 2016
    Episode VIII just went from being the greatest birthday present ever (May 31st) to the greatest Christmas present ever. Great gifts either way!

10. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    I knew this would happen, just as the Prophecy foretold.

I'm actually very happy with this news and very pleased that we will only be getting a new Star Wars movie in year's time between each release. Seeing a new Star Wars movie every December doesn't sound like a bad idea considering it could make a very good Holiday present. Plus this way they could release some snippets over the summer during May the Fourth and San Diego Comic Con.

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  11. Chris_Fives

Chris_Fives Jedi Master star 3

Apr 16, 2015
    And AVATAR 2 is opening 10 days later! LMFAO!

12. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Agreed,,

Welp I got to go release some anger......

13. t-trooperyc94

t-trooperyc94 Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 17, 2015
    This sucks. Star wars feels like a summer movie to me imo

Prisic Duskleap and Vindaxxus like this.
  14. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    At this rate, the AVATAR sequels will never get made.

Krueger likes this.
  15. turnip white

turnip white Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2014
    Is there actually any reasons for this? Has anything caused the push back or is it just because they have decided to make it a christmas movie?

16. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I think they delayed it because they realized that we figured out that Leia is really Snoke so now they have to rewrite the whole movie.:p

17. moxlox

moxlox Jedi Master star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    The longer the better so it can be realised properly. This is good news for quality.

DaddlerTheDalek likes this.
  18. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Not surprised to see this happen, but personally, I'm disappointed. I didn't think it would bother me, but I wasn't really a fan of the December release, especially with all of the holiday craziness and the constant threat of snow hanging over us (and the cold). It would have been nice to have it return to May. Here's hoping it all works out and we get a better film for it.

19. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    As TFA proved, Episode 8 is likely to make way more money in December than in the summertime.

DarthRosie likes this.
  20. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    I'm delighted with this news. Star Wars made this Christmas truly memorable. If all the episodes are released at Christmas, I'll be happy. I'll even accept more snow planets.

21. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    I want something special from Rian and co. as a compensation to wait so much longer for my Luke movie. They need to do something for me. :rolleyes:

Why they need to torture me? :rolleyes:

22. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    I find the notion of rewrites based off of audience reaction to be kind of stupid. Like, you would think even behind the scenes people would be receptive enough to the script and final edit as to what characters worked. Don't need to poll the audience to affect the plot moving forward, and to be quite honest I'd be surprised if characters like Finn or Poe had to have their screen presence boosted based on audiences. I would have thought Rey, Finn and Poe were the new big three.

Did George ever do this? Poll the audience to figure out what characters to give prominence to in the next film? They should be making the movie they want to make, not some audience numbers affected story.

23. HullCityJedi

HullCityJedi Jedi Padawan

Apr 17, 2014
    I think its a good idea, though I now want to build a time machine and jump to December 2017 :)

ChefCurryWindu likes this.
  24. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    I'm sad about this news, but like Qui-Riv-Brid said, maybe Disney can re-release all 7 movies in preparation for Episode 8 for the 40th anniversary of SW.

25. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    TFA started shooting in May of 2014 for a December 2015 release. 19 months.

Even if VIII had started in January already it's several months behind that. They don't just hold it back a few weeks. When this happens it's usually the next "movie season" so if you can't get it done for summer then Christmas is next.

Dagobahsystem and Darth Calvin like this.