main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Star Wars The Last Jedi Novel:

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Leoluca Randisi, Dec 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    First of all why Is TLJ Novel coming out in March? Didn't TFA and RO's Novel's come out In January right after the films came out in December? I put in an order for the book at Amazon the one with the teaser poster,
    [​IMG]
    It claims on Amazon the writer Jason Fry Is a member of our message board, Is this true?

2. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    It's true. All of it.

3. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    That's what I like to know. Why are they wasting a time slot for this book? It should have just come out Dec 15th like the movie and the day of like every novelization. In my opinion, their is either a delay in writing schedules (they didn't pick writers yet) or they are running out of pitches for novels and they need to buy time so they can think of stuff. Timothy Zahn finished Thrawn: Alliances months ago, and he's pretty self-sufficient, so they don't worry about that (I'm sure he pitched the idea personally). This is highly upsetting if I am correct. Their shouldn't be running out of ideas. They are professionals.

4. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    Here we go again.

Sent from my Moto X-Wing

my kind of scum and Jedi Ben like this.
  5. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Didn't want to spoil anything about the movie.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  6. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I'm glad it comes later... that way it's in sync with the movie (the TFA novel wasn't).... and it allows retcons for anything the audience catches (like a better rationale for Holdo's strategy, like a subplot where she feared a spy, could be added in).

7. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Bruh.

Literally everything you've ever said about publishing has been wrong. You invent these convoluted scenarios, portray them as fact, then say you're upset by the situation YOU CREATED.

Oh, we haven't seen all the new releases for next year? DISNEY IS GOING TO STOP MAKING NOVELS.

Oh, Del Rey is bringing in a lot of new writers? ALL OF THE OLD STAR WARS WRITERS ARE BEING AVOIDED LIKE THE PLAGUE.

Oh, the TLJ novelization is pushed back? DEL REY IS OUT OF IDEAS FOR BOOKS.

Like, christ on a bike man, just take the five minutes you would have spent ranting about nothing and use it to consider the situation.

8. Jozgar

Jozgar Jedi Master star 3

Dec 20, 2015
    I think the TLJ novelization was pushed back because the changes to Episode IX necessitated some rewrites. The original novelization may have included some foreshadowing to Trevorrow's Episode XI, and I don't think they would want that now that it's going to be a different story.

I highly doubt this. Fanfic writers come up with ideas for stories every single day. I don't think there's any shortage of story ideas for the professionals over at Del Rey.

9. DarthInternous

DarthInternous Editor - Del Rey Star Wars star 3 VIP

Feb 7, 2017
    Deep breaths everyone. It's all going to be okay, promise.

March was always the plan for this book. We'll talk more about it closer to publication. We are well aware that it seems strange and new and a little scary. Trust us, we're professionals.

10. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Thanks, but you know this won't be the end of people asking, right? ;)

11. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I have visions of you actually forming a queue to hug people who need more reassurance at this rate.

If any of these reasons include a galactic map in the front cover, I’ll be dishing out ‘I Told You So’ badges for you.

*chuckles sodtly*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    [face_laugh][face_rofl]

Time for DI to break out the "I can only help one person a day, today is not your day, tomorrow's not looking good either" sign.

Force Smuggler and Sinrebirth like this.
  13. lordpixie

lordpixie Jedi Master star 2

Aug 30, 2015
    I cant wait to see what this book will add ![ :yoda: voice] in Jason Fry i trust !!:)

14. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    That's my reason for buying this too.

15. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    [​IMG]

Jester J Binks likes this.
  16. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    HERESY!

17. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    Plus its not just the writers choice it is also the very talented and hard working Lucasfilm Story group headed by Veteran ILM employee Pablo Hidalgo!

18. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    I think you meant

[​IMG]

Sinrebirth likes this.
  19. Yunzabit

Apr 5, 2015

Well my ranting got Darth Internous to respond.......

20. Outsourced

Apr 10, 2017
    You act proud that you shouted "FIRE", and the fire department showed up. You don't deserve credit for doing something that anyone can do with a single @ sign and without the noteworthy drawback of looking like a Sinre Edit: No.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2017
    DarthMalgus21, Stymi and Noash_Retrac like this.
  21. Yunzabit

Apr 5, 2015
    I'm not proud. I just get results. I'm perfectly allowed to express my cynicism or conspiracy theories based on the evidence I have. It is very unusual to release a movie novelization so far back after the movie was released. Its never been done before in the history of modern Star Wars and it does take up a time slot. Each book is spaced out by 2 or 3 months. Timothy Zahn pitches his own ideas and nobody will turn down the Uncle of Star Wars. So Thrawn: Alliances happens and they put it in June, because it would be a great summer "blockbuster". However, after Canto Bight, they drew a blank. They couldn't get writers to write in time....all the ideas pitched were rejected....something else etc...

22. Outsourced

Apr 10, 2017
    You're perfectly allowed to express whatever you like. But I'm equally allowed to say that you're wrong on every level, and are either completely ignorant or malicious in intent.

Writing, editing, and publishing a book takes a long time. Its not this mad scramble you seem to think it is. You've literally been told this, in both this thread and others, by someone who actually works on these books. If that doesn't fix whatever issue you have with LucasFilm's publishing efforts, then I don't know what to do.

Jedi Ben, DarthMalgus21 and Stymi like this.
  23. Yunzabit

Apr 5, 2015

Malicious intent? Sure whatever you think.... I know producing a book takes time, but we no longer do it by hand. Something novel called the printing press was invented, and books could be made much faster. If it was as simple as this, Internous would just come out and say WHY the book was pushed back to March. Instead he basically says "Don't worry about it", which he is perfectly in the right to do. However, I am one to speculate and vent my frustration. I am very unhappy that I have to wait for late June for a new original-story Star Wars novel. I don't care about some dumb novelization, nor did I care for a 4 novella collection. Based on this, I haven't read a Star Wars novel since September with Phasma and I have to wait until June 26th. That's 9 months almost 10 months. I don't have much in this world to hold on to. My job sucks. I'm severely OCD, and I am on heavy medication for it. I can't attract a woman. I NEED Star Wars novels, and maybe you should mind your own business instead of attacking me, just for expressing my opinion.

24. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    You are one of the reasons I find it impossible not to laugh at egotistic Star Wars fans. End of story.

25. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    There's a whole bunch of novels out there that don't say "Star Wars" on the cover, but are still pretty good, if you're looking for something to read.

Recently I found Becky Chambers' The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet and A Closed and Common Orbit quite good.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

CooperTFN and Outsourced like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.