main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA Star Wars the Musical - No Joke

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by han-shot-first, Dec 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    I know what you're thinking but it's true. There's a SW musical coming out. I'm not to sure about this but that's one mans opinion. Here the text of the article and the link to see for yourselves:

Los Angeles (E! Online) ? A long time from now, in a galaxy far, far away...the Star Wars money machine will still be cranking.

Not content with seven feature films or myriad TV spinoffs ranging from the current Clone Wars cartoon series to the dreaded Star Wars Holiday Special, the Jedi masterminds are readying a stage show.

George Lucas has signed off on Star Wars: A Musical Journey, a two-hour live musical event featuring a Stormtrooper kick line and singing Wookiees John Williams' Oscar-winning score.

Premiering next year in London's O2 arena, the production will be performed by the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra in synch with movie clips from the six live-action films. The show will play in chronological order, from The Phantom Menace to Return of the Jedi.

The production will blast off April 10 in the U.K. and then embark on a European tour, complete with an exhibition of rare Star Wars collectibles, including never-before-seen models, props, costumes and production artwork. No word when it will visit America.

Now if we could only get a musical version of the Star Wars Holiday Special...

Link:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/eonline/20081222/en_music_eo/74477

2. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    As bad as it sounds, you know we're gonna see it when it's out here!

3. HanChewie

HanChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2006
    That would be so cool. I would love to watch it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.