Star Wars - The Old Republic (MMO - PC)

Discussion in 'Games' started by SoloCommand, Jul 17, 2008.

1. ebamf Jedi Knight

star 1
    Star Trek Online's beta was released like in December. We'll probably be getting an open beta about this time next year.
  2. Salty Force Ghost

star 5
    Hopefully I can get into closed beta.
  3. Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus

star 7
  4. Tricky Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hey everyone, it's Tricky here & I've got a project that I need some help on with this upcoming MMO, Star Wars: The Old Republic. I need the help of someone who knows alot about MMO design, mainly how to create a player class that don't interfere with class balance, don't involve another faction, don't double up on classes that are already in existance and don't contradict or simply disregard BioWare's STATED desires for the development and concept of TOR. Y'see, the problem is that there is no class based on the Mandalorians in this game, a game that takes place 300 years after KOTOR 2.

This is Wookieepedia's history of the Great Galactic War that starts the whole game off.
    There are 8 classes already made for this game & Bioware is hinting that there won't be anymore for a long time.
    This is a fansite that is a good tool to use to scrutinize everything said by the game designers, shown in videos, or shown in screenshots/concept art.
    This is the Timeline section for the game, very detailed videos narrarted by Lance Henriksen, you'll find Mandalorian history in here.
    Here you will find videos about the game.

I suppose like any MMORPG before launch, the forum community over there loves the Devs, loves the most popular classes(Jedi) & hates the unpopular ones(Mandalorians), it's why we're iconic Bounty Hunters instead. Yes, there's an unnatural hatred of Mando fans over there, partly cause some Mando fans are rude/whiney & partly cause we keep asking for a class based on something like Mandalorian Mercenary that answers to the Mandalore that called us to war with the Sith Lords to fight the Jedi & Republic. Most of the damage had been done on these forums before I got there in the middle of February & I guess at this point that the community thinks it's gotten it's way with these iconic classes & don't feel the need to discuss anymore for future expansions or whatever. The Iconic classes and factions are...

Jedi Knight-Rep
    Jedi Consular-Rep
    Sith Warrior-Sith
    Sith Inquisitor-Sith
    Trooper-Rep
    Smuggler-Rep
    Imperial Agent-Sith
    Bounty Hunter-Sith

Anyways it seems like it's going to be a fine game, the Devs are insistent on not making it a WoW clone saying their main focus on this game will be on STORY & I hope to once again live in the SW universe vicariously through my avatar in this game. So come by if you're interested, come by if you can help, come by unless you just want to cause trouble then I suppose you better not. Expected release date is Spring 2011, so there's plenty of time.

Thanks for listening,
    Cassius Haran a.k.a. Tricky
  5. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
  6. Dark_J3dii Jedi Youngling

cant wait for this game
  7. Wylding Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    This game is going to be oh so very awesome! I cannot wait!
  8. Master Ood Force Ghost

star 4
    I am looking forward to this, something to possibly drag me away from World of Facebook... er Warcraft
  9. zacparis VIP

star 7
  10. Jedi knight Pozzi Force Ghost

star 6
    Not a sausage? Y'all playing the early release I guess.
  11. Drew_Atreides Force Ghost

star 5
    I think there's a whole forum devoted to this game, is there not?

At any rate, yes I got into early access. Levelling a Bounty Hunter. Fell in love with the class during the 2nd Beta Weekend.
  12. The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus

star 6
    There is, though it's not much more active than this thread. Most are, I think, probably still either installing the game (a lengthy enough process of its own) or playing it.
  13. FlareStorm Force Ghost

star 6
    Prediction:

At launch: All the gaming sites will be 9/10! (kickback money)

Feb 2012: No threads. Dead

Summer 2012: Free to Play
  14. zacparis VIP

star 7
    It's not even available world wide.

FAIL

/still bitter
  15. Darth-Vassago Force Ghost

star 5
    Sad. Also sad...I've had my copy since Friday and haven't been able to play it. Waiting to get a PC that can properly run the game (which should be incoming soon).
  16. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    My PC should just about run it, it is above the minimum requirements anyway.

I am keen on playuing with others that I know or have an acquaintance with, alas most of those people seem to be based on this site and are US based. I've no objection to playing on a US server as such but given the timezone differences I don't want a situation where most players aren't online when I'm around.

Is there anyone on a european server?
  17. Jedi_Matt Force Ghost

star 4
    Me, My brother and a mate of my brother are joining a European PvP server if you're interested?

We're going with a PvP server to give it more realism, see someone of an opposite faction and something should kick off .

We're going Republic, (Smuggler / Smuggler / Jedi of some sort) If you're interested let me know.

I think my brother and his mate have started already, I haven't as I'm building a new computer in order to run it (and other games).
  18. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    I have a Bounty Hunter on a PvE server at the moment, If I go for a Republic character it will most likely be a smuggler or Trooper. I'll get back to you on that