Star Wars: The Old Republic OST

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Barriss_Coffee, Dec 29, 2011.

Moderators: Darth_Nub
  1. Barriss_Coffee Chosen One

star 6
    The official Old Republic site has been uploading mp3's of certain tracks from the OST lately -- starting December 1st, one track per day until the game's release.

Check it out here!

While they reuse some of the old film scores, most of the songs are original. It seems each of the planets have individual themes as well.
  2. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Downloaded, upgraded to lossless, listened. I like it. Certainly alot better than SoTE's score was.
  3. Cerrabore Jedi Master

star 4
    Upgraded to lossless? What?
  4. Fishmanlee Jedi Master

star 1
    LOL
  5. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Aww, can someone not get their ship out?
  6. Fishmanlee Jedi Master

star 1
    One can't simply turn lossy into lossless.
  7. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    *Doesn't believe you*

*Reads around the Internet*

Oh well, that's what I get for trusting companies.

Anyway. The score is good.
  8. Barriss_Coffee Chosen One

star 6
    I'm really digging this Balmorra theme. For such a sucky planet, it's got one awesome score.

Well, maybe the planet's not sucky in the game. Haven't tried it yet. But it sure is a snoozefest in the EU.
  9. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Listened to Battle Of Coruscant and Doe Azalus Ootmian today. This is an increasingly impressive score, especially for a Star Wars game as the majority of those don't get much original music.
  10. Cerrabore Jedi Master

star 4
    There's no less than five and a half hours of music, though some of it is synthesized. Even so, more than half the music in the game is tracked from the films and from KOTOR 1 and 2. I hope to come up with some edits of just the TOR music eventually, but it's a gargantuan task considering I won't know the placement of some pieces until I've played the entire game, which is essentially eight games. I don't know if that's going to ever happen, haha.
  11. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    The last SW game I bought was Battlefront 2. From what I remember, that had no original music. :p Republic Commando had it's own score and some snippets of music from AOTC, iirc.

What other SW games besides the KOTOR family has original music?

I've been thinking about getting this; seems to be getting very good reviews.

And yeah, if I do, I'll probably never complete the entire game either. Borderlands was the last RPG I got and I only completed one of the storylines.
  12. Mastadge Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Dark Forces has a (midi?) score by Clint Bajakian that I'd love to hear orchestrated. I think the Jedi Knight, Jedi Oucast and Jedi Academy games also had original music.

Rogue Squadron had music, including a catchy theme, by Chris Huelsbeck. The sequels had music by Huelsbeck and James Jacobson.

Anna Karney did some music for Galaxies.

There are of course Jeremy Soule and Mark Griskey's scores for KOTOR 1 and 2. Griskey also composed for The Force Unleashed 1 and 2. I think Bounty Hunter also had original music.

Republic Commando has a score by Jesse Harlin, which I think was available for download at one point.
  13. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Yeah, I've got the Republic Commando score. Kinda remember the Dark Forces score as well-haven't played that game since the 1990s, though.

I was kinda shocked when I realized that I haven't bought a new Star Wars game in nearly six years. My interest in TFU went to zilch when it was initially Xbox/PS3-only, and went even further down when it turned out to not be very interesting-sounding and the eventually-ported PC version required 28 gigabytes of space to install. :p
  14. Lord Tyrannus Jedi Master

star 4
    The old republic game had awesome music. Whoever role that is talented, but not as awesome as John williams!
Moderators: Darth_Nub