main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY Star Wars: The Old Republic

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by __KypDurron, Mar 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. __KypDurron

__KypDurron Jedi Master star 2

Nov 7, 2002
    Have you all seen any info about the new Star Wars MMO that is going to be coming out? I just found it today and I am so excited! Heres the site for those who dont know anything about it.

www.swtor.com

2. DarthZannah

DarthZannah Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 30, 2008
    Thanks for this heads up! I couldn't get the url to work tho. >;~)

3. __KypDurron

Nov 7, 2002
    Yeah, I couldnt figure out how to put it as a link so just copy+paste it into your address bar.

4. Cungr_Vanck

Cungr_Vanck Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 7, 2008
    I have been keeping watch on this game's development. I loved playing KOTOR I and II so I have high hopes for this MMO. Though I will probably wait for some reviews before jumping into it. That and I need to heavily update my computer/buy a new one to fully enjoy it. Hope it does not come out until 2011 ;)

5. DarthZannah

Nov 30, 2008
    Yea, our comp was Methuselahs' reject. LOL! Seriously, out of the kindness of their hearts, it was given to us by some good friends, and we GREATLY appreciate it. It runs very good, we've had it for over a year now, and no problems that were the comps fault. BUT... because we're on dial up, our connections are slow. We're in a rural area, so there is no way to upgrade to faster service. (ugh) To pay good money on a new computer when we can't afford Satellite service isn't on the menu. Soooo, on line play isn't practical. >;~)

6. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Yeah, this may be the game that finally lures me into the MMO world. Time will tell.

7. __KypDurron

Nov 7, 2002
    Any of you all play Star Wars Galaxies? I got a trial account right now but if I can find some people that play Im considering getting a full account.

8. Cungr_Vanck

Jul 7, 2008
    I played Galaxies when it first came out. It was fun for awhile, but it didn't have a lot of content so I burned out on it fast. You can look online for many of the controversies on that game, so enter at your own risk.

9. mindtwister_138

mindtwister_138 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2002

Does anyone know the specs on this new game? What would you need to run it?

Also, where would I get a trial for Galaxies. I may wanna try it for a bit, just to check it out.

10. __KypDurron

Nov 7, 2002
    Just go to Starwarsgalaxies.com and you can download the 14 day trial. Its just 14 days whether you play them or not so get your time in while you can. I would also recommend picking a well populated server. It gets boring when you've ran around for 3 hours and seen 2 people.

As far as the specs, Im not sure. Ill post something as soon as I find out though.

11. Cungr_Vanck

Jul 7, 2008
    The Old Republic website introduced a new feature this weekend. They are discussing the timeline of the game through an in-universe viewpoint. It is narrated by Lance Henriksen or Bishop from Aliens. Most impressive!

http://www.swtor.com/info/timeline/timeline1

12. mindtwister_138

mindtwister_138 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2002
    Cool! I never was one for the MMORPG scene, but I am playing Galaxies on a trial to check it out, and I think its pretty cool so far.

13. xanatos1975

xanatos1975 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2004
    OK the look of this one I have been looking at now is great. I have been playing Galaxies on and off since it came out and the Old Republic looks like it will dominate over Galaxies. They plan on running both games at the same time (how this is possible since Sont owns Galaxies and this is by Bioware im not too sure). I have been playing World of Warcraft pretty heavily for almost a year now and im getting pretty burnt. I will be coming back to Galaxies here in a bit in anticipation for TOR :) If anyone else has an account tell me the Galaxy (server) and I will get on. As far as specs go I dont think TOR will be too heavily laden on the graphics. I am pretty sure if you can run WOW (World of Warcraft) you can run TOR. You can look at the specs for WOW on http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/faq/technology.html. I dont see TOR being much more on specs.

14. Cungr_Vanck

Jul 7, 2008
    Some major goodness on The Old Republic! See the trailer for the game here! (Note: There is the presentation and the trailer link below that, but the trailer is definitely the winner.)

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/E3_The_Old_Republic_Cinematic_Trailer_123311.asp

15. Jai-Rew-Sett

Jai-Rew-Sett Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 20, 2008
    I seen this last night on G4, and it blew my mind!!! I will definetly be checking this out when it's released.

16. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    ooooohhh...chills...that is a thing of beauty

17. xanatos1975

xanatos1975 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2004
    ok I will definitely be on this the DAY it comes out!!! I was kind of debating it before but that just gave it a huge SHOVE to the yes side. Is anyone else going to be joining me besides mindtwister?? lol

18. Jai-Rew-Sett

Jai-Rew-Sett Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 20, 2008
    I will most likely be there...

19. DarthZannah

Nov 30, 2008
    WOW! I just took a peek at the trailer, and.... WOW! Chills is right Mika! I'd get in on this too, no doubt of it, but we're on dial up here, we don't have access to anything else up in the hills in our area. And the cost of Satellite is out. So, as I sigh at the disappointment of not being able to play, you all have loads of excitement with it. I do expect everyone to tell, tell, tell about the game experience. Question: Who is the main :mad: Sith? He looks very much like Darth Vader, tho I don't think that's who he's supposed to be. [face_batting] "Z" >;~)

20. 11-11

11-11 Jedi Master star 2

Jul 17, 2007
    SO AMAZING!!!! That trailer has me hooked! I will definitely be into this.

Parts of the timeline: Treaty of Coruscant video reminded me of some of the things that have gone on in the Legacy comics and Outcast: Fate of the Jedi. Can't wait until this comes out and to learn more of the story!

Oh those kriffing Sith![face_shame_on_you]:p

21. DarthZannah

Nov 30, 2008

Who's a kriffing Sith? o_O LOL!! As the crocodile guy (Stephen Erwin) would have said,"He/She's a naughty boy, aren't they gorgeous"! [face_batting] >;~)

22. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    That individual is Lord Angral, for those who asked.

23. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    From the Rebel Legion site...

"In the middle of April, Southern California Garrison and Sunrider Base of the Rebel Legion were approached by Mary Franklin, representing Lucas Arts to take on a special project:

Developing more than 20 all new--never seen before--costumes from the new Star Wars MMO-- Star Wars: The Old Republic

We spent 6 weeks working from concept art, renders from LucasArts, and more to come up with four new costumes including Armored Jedi, Sith Lords, Armored Sith, and a new look for the Soft Jedi costumes.

All armor was sculpted from scratch, patterns were drafted from drawings, and many many hours were spent fitting, shaping, painting, sewing, and tweaking these outfits to make them look great!

For the past two days, we've been at the Orpheum Theater in Los Angeles going through rigorous rehearsals, and tonight--for the main event."

http://e3.g4tv.com//videos/38637/Star_Wars_The_Old_Republic_Trailer_Presentation_at_E3_09/

You all know I love me some costumes and jedi+armor = WIN. This is why I love being a member of the Rebel Legion (and someday the 501st), you get to do fun stuff like this. Of course I have nowhere the talent some of these other people have but it's still nice to be associated with them.

heres more pictures of the costumes up close, great stuff...now I just need to find someone to sell me some...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/briekalan/sets/72157619174423128/

24. DarthZannah

Nov 30, 2008
    Thank you for the info. I must do some research on Lord Angral, @};- man he is one awesome Sith Lord. I wonder if they have any info on him within the Halls of Wookiepedia. We shall see.

25. DarthZannah

Nov 30, 2008
    Wow Mika, those two groups are indeed awesome! I can see you among them for sure. Your looking for someone to sell you a costume, and we're looking for the money to purchase some costumes. LOL!!!! Has there ever been such a fan base for any movie, ever? (I don't think so) I don't think even Star Trek could boast of such a following. Close maybe, but no. I've done some thinking about the attraction of the whole Star Wars phenomena. What "is" the over whelming allure? I think it lies within our primal brains understanding of how things work.... the whole dark verses light concept, destruction verses creation. That you can not have one without the other, otherwise... creation ceases to happen. The destructive force, paving the way for the constructive force. We see it happening threw out our universe. The unstoppable force, meeting the immovable object. This war will continue forever, neither one right or wrong, just being what it is. That is where the "Dark Jedi" come in. They represnet the gray area where things are balanced and life thrives. Mixed into all of that primal inner reality, you have the human dramas playing themselves out within romances, sorrows, joys, and devastation. Yea, I picked it apart, and now you all know how my little brain works. ;) Anything that gets "my" attention the way this has, and it has from the very first movie, is warranted of my utmost scrutiny. At any rate, I know I just love it to pieces! [face_batting] >;~)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.