main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars - The Original Trilogy... Trailer on the OS.

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by AnakinAdam87, Jun 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnakinAdam87

AnakinAdam87 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2003
    The Official Site has released a trailer for the STAR WARS Original Trilogy - DVD Edition. Looks pretty cool. Unfortunately, it's only for Hyperspace members... for now.
    DVD Trailer - 01

I hope we get more...

TLJ Edit: Discuss it in the official thread, please :)

2. rpeugh

rpeugh Force Ghost star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    Pretty cool how we got to see the www.starwars.com menu from TESB disc and the ANH disc. I didnt think it would show that. It looks like they will indeed be following the same format on the menus as they did for the PT menus. The discs themselves look a little retarded though with the roman numerals being silver instead of gold. (but the roman numerals in those menus were gold like they were for the PT. Odd.) I just wish they had shown the actual dvd covers. It didnt look like they were showing the actual new dvd footage from the movies, because the ANH sabers still looked crappy in that preveiw. Or atleast I hope that wasnt the actual dvd footage from the movies.

3. Darth_Oracle

Darth_Oracle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2000
    I second that hope.

4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >>The discs themselves look a little retarded though with the roman numerals being silver instead of gold.<<

I still need to check this out myself, but perhaps the silver is there to match the widescreen version's silver styling? And by that, perhaps the full screen version will have gold numerals.

5. AnakinAdam87

AnakinAdam87 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2003
    I'm pretty sure you're right there 2ndQuest. I still can't wait for this DVD set. I really hope that there are some new scenes that were filmed during Episode III. Well, all except that ones that replace Sebastian Shaw with Hayden. That 4th disc will really bridge the gap between III and IV. I wonder if they'll ever release a Star Wars 6 pack... Would be nice.

6. Razorback

Razorback Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 2, 2001
    The lightsabers do still look crappy. That makes me think that we did not see anything new... which either means many of us are wrong, or that they are not going to show us what they have done.

RB

7. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    I reckon it'll be the latter RB.

8. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    ^ Oh, just lovely. Coming soon, SW.com will release a trailer for Episode III comprised entirely of footage of George's son's school play. :p

Rick McCallum loves you!

9. Darth_Falcon

Darth_Falcon Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 11, 2002
    I have a question:

Is it just me or is Luke's Lightsaber blue on the ROTJ case and the actual dvd itself :confused:

10. StormTrooper1776

StormTrooper1776 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 26, 2004
    Thats what I was thinking too.Did GL change the green lightsaber in ROTJ to blue?If so,why?

11. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    We don't see the DVD case in the trailer - that was the VHS release (the announcer was talking about video collections at the time).

The OT DVDs will look like the PT ones.

12. GreenGreatWarrior

GreenGreatWarrior Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2003
    I don't have Hyperspace so I can't watch it :(. Either were all wrong and DarthToeJam has been a fraud ([face_shocked]) or they are just teasing us ;). Maybe they just threw up some quick trailer and released that, along with the 7th webdoc because Hyperspace users havent had a video for a while

Owen ]-}

13. Razorback

Razorback Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 2, 2001
    There is no way that DTJ is a fraud. I think that what we were shown was what LFL wanted us to see.

RB

14. Kinobe

Kinobe Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2003
    Dammit, I want it now!!!! :D

Heh, an interview with Peter Jackson, I wonder how many people will say "LOTR cash-in!" [face_mischief]

15. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Luke's lightsaber in RoTJ was originally thought to be blue, but it was changed to have a better presentation against the blue sky.

There is in fact early trailers from RoTJ showing Luke with a blue lightsaber.

16. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    Exciting! :D

Wrong thread! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.