main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars: The Series "What the Hell?"

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Quixdraw21, Aug 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quixdraw21

Quixdraw21 Jedi Youngling

Aug 22, 2005
    And now from LucasTV Its: Star Wars: Jar Jar's Tale

A Long Time Ago in a Galaxy far far far far (not quite far enough) away,

"Mesa gon'a be on TV! OOHH mesa get great pro'duct tie-in mu'rchandizing pro'fits!!"

Jar Jar says: "DRINK COKE its muy muy delicous!!"

"A tale of a Gungan senator which plunges the galaxy into turmoil!"

GNN (Galactic News Network): "Senator Binks, you have unwittingly and singlehandedly allowed a Sith Lord to create a ruthless dictatorial regime to take over and turn the galaxy into utter chaos by supporting and pleeing the case to grant Supreme Chancellor Palpatine (now Emporer Palpatine) emergency powers that led to his domination and suspension of the Senate.. any comments for our viewers at home?"

Ex-Senator Jar Jar Binks: "Whoopsey... sorry! How Whud! No More Qu'estions! Mesa No Wanna Talk a'bout it anymore! Mesa goin' on vacation at Gungan ranch! BYEEEE!"

(Jarr Jarr leaves the press conference podium and falls down stairs.. hilarity ensues.)

Yes ladies and gentlemen do we actually think that George will make something with this series that will satisfy us, THE FANS!?!? Or with the fans in mind?

What will it contain? Well, knowing the new warmer fuzier G. Lucas and his way of making things no adult fan could ever want, what will NOT be in the live action series is easier to guess.

ehem,

The Empire- Too violent for little kiddies (gotta make more plush, fuzzy, things and cartoons) and the Empire brings images of "space Nazis" which were bad for a kid's movie in the first place (just not bad enough for the old "pre-childen friendly" Lucas). So no images of shoot-outs with stromtroopers (images of death and dismemberment) or of slavery/genocide/racism of galactic aliens. "Sorry this stuff is just too scary for little billy or suzie" says the FCC man. "Which is your demographic" says the Lucas company man.

The Rebellion- "Rebel against what?" One of the current popular political ideologies in the United States is "accept what our leader is doing, period (Britney Spears)... have faith and all will be well" (yeah right). Is it a wonder the overall theme of the evil Empire coming to power was portrayed (and accepted by our populace) so well in ROTS?

Hutts and Gangsters- Nope, sorry, crime is a horrific scurge upon the world and we should not send out the wrong messages to our youth acknowledging such "real-life" messy issues.

"Han Solo shot first" hhhmm too bloodthirsty -- better edit that tooth-sweet.

Now Greedo shoots first...no wait that looks to corny and the masses are yelling about "re-editing the favorite scenes".

Got it! For the DVD release we'll have them both shoot at the same time! Genius!!

Now how about the "Han Solo smuggles spice" bit? Spice is a narcotic in Star Wars eh? But it's a FOOD PRESERVAIVE! Our hero can't be a former drug smuggler! Oh well, just say no to spice kids! Now glitter-stim and death-sticks I can understand, but again sends out the wrong kinds of messages to kids. Gangland slayings, prostitution, narcotics ALL too much for FCC codes of ethics for a "kids show" like Star Wars the series. "Good, clean family fun" is our motto!

Nasy Alien Invasions- Nah, the Aliens movie series pretty-well took up that kind of stuff and besides, too grusome and gory, it's got to mesh well with censures after all. Also that idea has been created by authors in the novels.. "I can't work from other inferior creations and ideas.. only my OWN will do after all! I'm the 'Keeper of all Things Star Wars, G. Lucas' and I'll decide what to put in if anything dammit! And the movies are over.. no unoriginal material!"

Galactic Law Enforcement and Bounty Hunters- Too mundane for our audiences and besides you know George only knows that all bounty hunter are "bad guys" and there should be no kind of violent bad guys in THIS show protrayed as "heroes" of any sort! Say it with me: "It gives the wrong message to kids". Boba Fett be-damned!

Jedi- They're dead, or at least in hiding. Hmm.. another story of a galaxy-spanning conflict with

2. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    I have no idea what you are talking about.

3. RevantheJediMaster

RevantheJediMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2005
    The Star Wars Live Action TV Series is going to be set in between ROTS and ANH starring minor characters and probably completely new characters. GL has hinted that Boba Fett is probably going to be a chracter in the upcoming Star Wars Live Action TV Series. It is unknown if Boba Fett is going to be a main character or an occasional guest star. I think Boba Fett is going to be an occasional guest star. You said that the Empire would be to violent ROTS was more violent than any other Star Wars movie and tons of people went to go see it. I'm guessing it's also going to have something to do with the Rebellion. It could be about surviving Jedi also. Who said that the other surviving Jedi didn't have adventures of their own. There are tons of possibilities for the era in between ROTS and ANH. You are already giving up on both TV Series you should wait and see it before you pass judgement on it.

4. Quixdraw21

Aug 22, 2005
    You have no idea what I'm talking about?

I thnk I have no comment on that lest I be labeled "flamer".

Sorry, if you don't know what I'm talking about, you should go to the Faq. page posting and look.

This is the "Small Screen Star Wars" posting board is it not?

5. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Read my statement above Quixdraw21.

6. Quixdraw21

Aug 22, 2005
    Well,

I don't mean to pre-judge but, it seems to me that George had softened up a bit. ROTS was somewhat violent but you can see that the audience was already warned ahead of time about the "sinister themes" with such events as killing young padawans (though they only hinted at most of it and never showed the carnage) and the scene where the Emporer "came out" and became scarred among others.

What warnings were ever given for the original films? "Warning the scenes of Jabba The Hutt eating frogs may disturb some viewers". No, the public had not become so "children safety conscious" as they have since.

"I think Boba Fett is going to be an occasional guest star."

I'd like to think so, but I'm afraid he'll get a walk on cameo scene like he did in Ep. IV Special Edition "The re-make". Remember, to George all bounty hunters are "bad guys", wouldn't do to make too much of him for the fans. It gives the wrong message to youth, such bad guys are not good. Now Anikan Skywalker is a special case I guess, Darth Vader is more of another person as GL sees it. "He stopped being Anikan and became Darth Vader. Then the good man that was your father was destroyed", "from a certain point of view".

"You are already giving up on both TV Series you should wait and see it before you pass judgement on it."

No, I think the continuing clone cartoons will be nice actually. Know why? The previous cartoons were and they had very little to do with George Lucas by all accounts. They were made by fans with authorization by GL as probably the TV live-action series should be. But knowing GL, he will take a personal interest and doom the project as he has other TV endevors before it by paddling to the 3 to 13 year old age demographic. Sorry, I call 'em as I see 'em.

Thanks for the response though. :)

7. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Actually GL has hinted that Boba Fett is probably going to be character in the upcoming Star Wars Live Action TV Series so that does not mean just a cameo. Also GL came up with the story for every Star Wars film so why do you think this story is going to be horrible? There are tons of possibilities for the era inbetween ROTS and ANH and I think GL is going to take advantage of it. I have also heard GL was not really involved in the Holiday Special. I think the upcoming Star Wars Live Action TV Series is not going just to be aimed at ages 3-13 I think it is going to be as dark as ROTS or a little less than ROTS but still dark.

8. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001

I'm sorry, I should have made myself clearer: I know what you are talking about but I seriously have a very hard time trying to figure out what you are saying, or what you are trying to get us to respond to. Sorry.

9. jedi_jacks

jedi_jacks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2005
    ^^^it was flaming/trolling to me.

also:
    "Star Wars The Movies 3D: It's 3D-tastic!"

from Conan O'Brian!

10. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Don't forget, the orginal movies are consiidered kids movies. in my opinion, I thought ROTS was almost too dark. The fact that Star Wars was light harted contributed a lot to its success (as the documentury stated-it made movies fun again)

But enough with the off topic trivia-I have a feeling that the new shows will be comperable to the CLone Wars cartoon.

11. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    I think the Clone Wars 3D Animated Series is going to look great though.

12. KfistoRox

KfistoRox Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 31, 2002
    Get off your soap box.

13. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    What I actually think it is going to be really good I am an optimistic person most of the time and Lucasfilms lately has been putting out good quality stuff so I trust them.

14. zit5us

zit5us Jedi Youngling star 1

May 13, 2005
    if you look at other 3-d shows/tv movies (jimmy neutron, hotwheels acceleracers), the animation is pretty pathetic. any 3-d starwars show is going to look like half-done special effects shots, and...it just won't be the same as clone wars. 3-d shows are a BAD idea.

15. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Actually I think it is going to look like the latest Final Fantasy movies and videogame cutscenes. They have hired some people already who have experience with 3D Animated Movies and other movies special effects. I'm pretty sure it is going to look a lot better than any of the 3D Animated Shows out right now I trust Lucasfilms. Besides we're talking about the upcoming Star Wars Live Action TV Series.

16. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    Coming into the thread at this late stage, I'm going to have to side with BogieMan on this one... in fact I'd go so far as to ask...

[image=http://www.rotten.com/library/bio/entertainers/child-stars/gary-coleman/arnoldjethro.jpg]

What'choo talking about QuixDraw??

I assume it's a general tirade against LFL over their behaviour over the last 25 years, in which case you need to post somewhere that GL actually reads ;)

Having said that, for a first post, I'll give it 10/10! :D
    (unless of course you're a sock of someone unwilling to express an already widespread opinion via their original post-ID ;) )

{||||| ?||} -----------------------------

17. Quiet_Mandalorian

Quiet_Mandalorian Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2005
    The implication that you regard the above statement to be true in all seriousness is somewhat amusing, in the sense of a study of the effect of mass media upon the perceptions of the general public, if nothing else.

18. Quixdraw21

Aug 22, 2005
    The post was a plee for change I guess (and a rant) in George Lucas and his ways of making Star Wars in general. He used to make great movies wich brilliant actors, top-notch action and adventure "war movies" as I see them. Kids can watch such things and not be so destroyed morally by violence, at least in 1977 they couldn't. It just seems that these new prequels hold their punches a bit compaired to the old shows. Maybe I'm wrong and I can't admit it. The last post was just a sarcastic attempt to be funny and show up Lucas for falling short on what he's been doing to Star Wars. Or at least that's what I feel he's done.

STOP ASKING ME WHAT I"M TALKING ABOUT ALREADY!! The new TV shows will show a kinder gentler side of George Lucas that will be his undoing I'm afraid. He has lost his edge in my opinion and I feel it is an oppinion shared by many.

I'm sorry for my previous outburst and I'll refrain from typing crazy and demeaning things in the future, my own oppinions can get me into trouble I guess.

I hope that this is clear enough for everyone to understand. I love the old Star Wars so much the new movies and special editions are dragging me down a bit so I struck out and made a crazy attention grabbing flamer post about George Lucas and the pending live-acion show.

It won't happen again.

19. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    How would you know the Live Action TV Series is going to be kiddy the period inbetween ROTS and ANH is a Dark Time. Hence Obi-Wan's line in ANH "before the dark times before the empire." ROTS wasn't kiddy and I don't expect the Live Action TV Series to be either. The OT was not really violent and dark but you loved them it sounds like. When did GL say the Live Action TV Series and the Clone Wars 3D Animated Series are going to be kiddy. I'm guessing it will either be like ROTS or the OT films not just for kids.

20. jangoisadrunk

jangoisadrunk Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    "What the Hell," sums it up entirely.

Next time you have a rant, back it up with real information and not mindless rhetoric. The TV show is 3 years away and your VHS copies of the OT will be worn out by then. Come on, GL wussed out and made Greedo shoot first? This is such a banal criticisim now - some 8 years later. We'll just forget the fact that Han shooting first never fit his character, since he never does it again, and is a nice guy for the rest of the trilogy. That was a WTF moment for me since I was like 7 years old. I just seemed out of place in the rest of the story. The rest of your "evidence" for GL's wussing out is really just opinion and not really proof of anything except that you seem to be suffering from the misconception that the OT was geared toward adults. It wasn't. ROTS was by far the most adult SW movie, so it seems GL is actually moving in the opposite direction.

I'm sure the TV show will be fine. It will probably be a political drama set in space like the current version of Battlestar Galatica. If it's bad, it's probably because Fox is going to have something to do with it.

21. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    LOL[face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.