main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Star Wars: The Shadow Deepens: Episode II of IX

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthBoba, May 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Cool, thanks for the post. As a reward, here's more story.

Anakin's world came crashing to a halt as Tahiri spoke.
    "Wha-how-why?"
    Tahiri paused for a minute before speaking.
    "Your mother was asked to speak against the creation of the clone army by several concerned Senators."
    "However, a Malengi fleet attacked here at the same time; they penetrated the shield, and launched a strike at the Senate. A glitch in communications was the reason for the lack of any alert from the Fleet to ground control. The Malengi fighters were pursued by several of ours, but one got through, and suicided into the Senate building."
    "Most of the Senate is dead, as is the Emperor. The remains of the Senate has decided that High Senator Allazan will be the next Emperor."
    "Allazan?"
    "Yes, I'm not happy with it either, but...it's who the representatives of the people chose, Ani. We must accept it."
    "Don't bring 'the people' into this, Tahiri, he's the last person in the galaxy who should be trusted as the Emperor, and you know it."
    Tahiri sighed.

On the ground, High Senator-now Emperor- Allazan sstood at the ruined Emperor's pulpit of the Imperial Senate. The once-grand building was utterly ruined; the Malengi fighter had nearly totally destroyed it, along with all but a handful of Senators who'd been absent from the building when the end came, like himself.
    They were all gathered here today, to finally vote on the creation of a clone army to reinforce the current Imperial military.
    Kyp Durron stood next to the Emperor, his face a mask as he hid his emotions.
    "This must be done, my Lord," he whispered to Allazan. "It is our only hope."
    Allazan nodded, and began to speak.
    "We are gathered here today after a week of confusion and terror at the Malengi attack on our beautiful city. As we have seen, our current level of military power is not enough to defeat an attack. An attack which may well destroy our Empire."
    Heads nodded at that, Kyp saw.
    "So, the issue before us today is a simple one: Do wo proceed as if nothing has happened, and not create the force needed to defeat this new enemy?"
    "Or do we do the unthinkable and create an army of such power as to expunge the threat to our way of life?"
    With that, Allazan knew he'd get the votes he needed.

Anakin was dozing-or trying to. Visions of his parents dying were plaguing him, needless deaths due to the incompetence of a communicator...
    His fury would not leave.
    And then his door chimed.
    It was Kyp.
    "The Senate has voted," Master Durron said.
    "And the vote is.."
    "Yes. The clone army will be operational in less than two months. And they've given emergency powers to the military district commanders to use them as they see fit."
    Anakin merely nodded. It was about what he'd expected.
    "Now, as for you..."
    Anakin waited for the rest.
    "I want you and Tahiri to go on an extended vacation. You've both been through grievous times, and the last place you need to be is on the front."
    "But you need me," Anakin said simply.
    "What I need is a rested and fit Jedi who isn't teetering on the edge of Darkness, Anakin," Kyp said sharply. "This is not a suggestion."
    Kyp turned and left.

On the far side of the galaxy, a ship landed on a seemingly abandoned pad.
    Malente saw her Master waiting for her outside; she got up, and left the ship.
    "Welcome home, Lady Malente," Raithar rumbled as Malente approached him. "You have done far more than I anticipated."
    "Our Enemy is dead, my Master. As are most of the troops loyal to him."
    "The strike on Coruscant was successful. It had the desired effect. Combined with your elimination of Nabilat, our plans are going well."
    "There is bad news, my Master. Solo escaped, and fully resisted my attempts to lure him back to Darkness."
    "it is of no concern. As long as you are alive, he is vulnerable to us. His compassion for you will be his undoing."
    "Yes, my Master."

Finis

Star Wars: Episode III- untitled begins as soon as I think of a proper name for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.