main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars : the TV series

Discussion in 'Archive: Scotland' started by MrDankDonk, Apr 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrDankDonk

MrDankDonk Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2001
    lots of speculation circulating (on the more fanboyish parts of the Star wars internet community) regarding Lucasfilm's intentions to continue the Star Wars franchise on telly.

nothing confirmed at all yet, but it is my personal belief that "Han and Chewie: the smuggler years" would be a winner.

Favourite characters and ships ? Han, Chewie, Lando, Boba Fett, Jabba, the Falcon, Slave 1 ? a whole universe to explore, against a background of Imperial oppression and the criminal underworld ? no interference with the continuity of the Skywalker saga, (although I suppose they could slip a stray jedi into it somewhere if they must) ? and lots of possibilities for gambling, bar brawls, daring pilot stuff, wookiee humour......

Think of the production values of shows like 'Band of Brothers' and 'The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles'.....

and think someone young, dumb and full of cum as the less worldy-wise, even more reckless Solo.....
    Ashton Kutcher perhaps....
    [image=http://img50.exs.cx/img50/8986/chewiepunkd2bx.jpg]
    (thanks to AfroAnglo for the photoshop work)

2. Obi_one_and_only

Obi_one_and_only Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 18, 2001
    I think the TV series has been confirmed by MacCallum.

a young Han Solo would make a good series, though some fanboys would moan and shout about the absence of Jedi and a suited Vader slaughtering them.

3. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I thought a Boba Fett series would be sweet, since it doesn't interfere with any of the main story or anything. But might be a bit tough to sell a story that's about a bounty hunter...

-sj loves kevin spacey

4. TheNabooSenator

TheNabooSenator Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2004
    You might want to eat those words, solojones. Kiera Knightley has just starred in Domino - a film about bounty hunters. ;)

5. AngelaJade

AngelaJade Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2003
    I heard they were thinking about a very-post-RotJ series, sorta Jedi: The Next Generation. Mark Hamill has said (in SFX) he's up for a cameo or two.

I'll watch anything. Sad, but true.

6. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    Now that Enterprise has been cancelled there's a hole in the market that could be filled with an SW TV series.

7. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    TheNabooSenator posted on 4/8/05 2:34pm
    You might want to eat those words, solojones. Kiera Knightley has just starred in Domino - a film about bounty hunters. [face_wink]
    [hr][/blockquote]

Yeah, but you have to figure that a SW show will have kids watching. I mean, it might be hard for Lucasfilm to sell the idea that the main 'hero' of the show is a teenager/young man who kills for hire ;)

Has anyone considered the posibility that the show might not be set in the saga era?

[hl=tan][color=darkred][b]-sj loves kevin spacey[/hl][/color][/b]

8. Callie_Skye

Callie_Skye Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 13, 2004
    I don't know if I like this idea at all... a tv show? How are they gonna pull that off without killing the wonderfulness of the galaxy? *pouts* I have a hard enough time with them pumping out a novel a month or something.. I liked the stand alone novels that were more than just an episode.

Has anyone heard anymore news about it?

9. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Lucas was in Indianapolis a week or so ago for Celebration III where he was doing a Q & A thing with fans. I personally didn't go cause it was right miserable outside the whole weekend and I was not going to stand in line in the cold and rain to see George Lucas...but I digress.

Anyways, point of comment: I overheard someone saying they broached the subject and he was a little tight lipped. It seems they're keeping the option open and both Lucas and McCallum were making comments to support this rumor.

10. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    I was in the Lucas talk at C3, and I can confirm there will be 2 TV shows.

The first will be a 3D version of the Clone Wars cartoon, a half-hour show.

The second will be a live-action show. Whilst nothing concrete has been decided, Lucas DID confirm that it would be set between III and IV, and that it would not contain any of the characters already seen, though some might be refered to.

He then went on to correct himself and say that perhaps one might be involved somehow. He also confirmed that the idea was to write and film the entire first season in one go, and then hand the reins over, so to speak, for other people to run with it whilst he concentrates on other projects.

11. ELECTRICITY_I_HAVE

ELECTRICITY_I_HAVE Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2005
    i think the tv series should be good!!!:) it looks it

12. ELECTRICITY_I_HAVE

ELECTRICITY_I_HAVE Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2005
    "make a new movi,george lucas should"-yoda

:) clouded...........

13. Darth_Thump

Darth_Thump Jedi Master star 2

Aug 26, 2002
    I think this could all go horribly wrong in an arse-over-t*t kinda way.

Especially seeing as Ep III is one of the best of the saga, they hype had alot to do with the saga finally being completed.

One of the suggestiony rumoresque things I read which might work, was that it would focus on unkown characters.

Vader hunting down and destroying the remaining Jedi could work too.

Or they could do a three parter dealing with Chewie and the onset of alopecia he suffered during his younger years, only to dicover that is was in fact Tarrful with the clippers at the new year party.

14. DARTH_DONALD

DARTH_DONALD Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 2005
    what i think they should do for a tv run should be the birth of the jedi. give us some visual background to how and when the jedi order (and the sith for tha matter, i want to know about my darth brothers!!!) started. either that or do a follow up using the eu, cause it would appeal to the fans, such as me, who don't have time to read every star wars book published, much as i would like to.

15. Cobar_Yik_Jedi

Cobar_Yik_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2005
    i saw of feal the force on sky movies a few weeks ago Mr luckas confirm he was gona do a 3d vesion of the clone wars micro seris and then a live action show. i hope the do the inseption of the jedi and the old republic goin as far back and Freedon nadd and the constuction of the lightsabers would be good.

forgive my spellin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.