main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Star Wars: The Voyage

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Ramza, Jul 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rampani

Rampani Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2003
    IC: Cyril Glokta
    Still Somewhere on Korriban

"Solving this ‘mystery’ is secondary at the moment. The best vantage point would be at the top of one of the ruins. From there we could see for many kilometers. Send two groups to two ruins to cover the most ground."

Cyril mulled the two courses of action over in his head. The group could stay together, thereby increasing the amount of blades available should they run into trouble. Or they could split up, cover more ground, and increase the possibility of finding shelter and sustenance. As for the mystery of what had happened to all of them, well, as Cain had said, that was secondary.

"Cain's right. About finding shelter and water that is. Though I'm not really thrilled with the splitting up idea. I think the group should stay together, heading sunward. As we go, two of us scout ahead and to either side of the group. Never far enough to be out of range of help though. That way we only chance losing one or two people as opposed to half of us. And we all stay in contact."

Not to mention the fact that we can all keep an eye on each other in case the worst should happen. Korriban's filled with the dark side. How long will it take before it starts affecting one of us?

TAG: All

2. Nightvision91

Nightvision91 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2013
    Ramza Approved

• Padawan Name: Cort Leon
    • Padawan Species: Human
    • Padawan Age: 17
    • Padawan Appearance: 5'10, Weight 175, Eyes: Blue, Hair Color: Light Brown
    • Lightsaber Color: Blue
    • Brief Biography (Optional): Cort was found at a young age by then Jedi Knight Retha Heron when she infiltrated a Slave Trade in the Mid-Rim. Taking out most of the slavers Retha found the baby Cort, and soon discovered he was the son of the man running the organization. Taking the child she returned him to the Jedi Temple where she kept an eye on his progress. Cort showed at times that he struggled to connect with the force often ending in bouts of anger. When the time came Retha took on Cort as her padawan, and the two often times found themselves at odds with each other. However they took down smaller slave trading operations as Retha continues to keep Cort's past life a secret.
    • Master Name: Retha Heron
    • Master Species: Mon Calamari

3. Nightvision91

May 21, 2013
    IC: Cort Leon

“Is everyone alright?”

His head still pounded as he laid upon the ground for what seemed like an eternity. He wondered it perhaps he had merely imagined the voice of his fellow padawan Vig asking him that question. It took a moment for his eyes to open as he stared up at the skies above him.

"Alive as much as I can tell. Unless this is where we end up when we die?" Cort muttered sarcastically as he looked around at the other Padawans. He blamed himself for being the last to wake up while the others apparently had already discussed their situations. Master Heron would likely chastise him if he did not work well with his fellow Padawans. Cort was no fans of mystery it was why he had gotten into so many arguments with his Master.

"I agree with Cain. It won't matter poodoo about this mystery if we don't find supplies." He replied as he tried in vain to sense his Master. For all he knew she could have planned this as a test for him. "As for splitting up I think it's the best option. One group could take far too long to cover the ground teams could."

TAG: ALL

4. Jedi General Gelderd

Jedi General Gelderd Jedi Master star 5

Mar 6, 2004
    IC: Kal Dalton

Rubbing his temples, Kal couldn't shake the voices from his head he had heard moments before he blacked out. He was hoping the other Padawans had this too, but he couldn't tell. Brushing it off as best he could, he put it down to exhaustion or shock.

He pulled the brown robe around him as it blew in the breeze and walked over the scattered debris and charred rock to the others, now pulling together and thankfull all in one peace.

"Does anyone else hear voices?" Kal didn't look up as he spoke, but he had to know if this was something connecting them all, or if he was hearing something only to him.

5. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    The update's been delayed until tomorrow, owing to real life issues/conflicts. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Jedi General Gelderd likes this.
  6. Shereshoy Cabur

Shereshoy Cabur Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 2, 2013
    IC: Vydraa "Shereshoy" Cabur

As his fellow padawans discussed the best course of action, he remained where he was and unresponsive. He also let the small sarcasm slide as he didn't care what they thought of him or his suggestion. All he wanted was to do something, anything but standing around, whether it be splitting up or not.

With the remaining shock and adrenaline finally wearing off he breathed deep and focused on the Force, channeling it into his focus and mental clarity, balancing himself. Tightening his shoulders, arms still crossed, he relaxed as he let the Force flow through his body. Over the years throughout the multiple lessons by his Master, Zven Asturon, Vydraa had come to an self realization that he should flow both physically and mentally with the Force like water. The day Vydraa grasped the concept and began focusing on achieving that balance, he felt his Master's pride swell. Zven was the only one who Vydraa got emotional for, because he gave Vydraa a purpose. Growing up he always somewhat lost, not knowing his parents or heritage. The Jedi Temple rarely had any information about Mandalorians other than the historical battles that took place. What Vydraa lacked a was a sense of belonging in within a culture. When he became Zven's apprentice, Zven made him feel like he had a place and purpose in the universe, despite not being able to fill in the blanks on his Mandalorian heritage.

I doubt Zven is dead...pretty sure I would've felt something like a disconnect or whatnot...

He slightly glanced back at the black sun, as if it was teasing him. He turned back around when Kal spoke.

"Does anyone else hear voices?"

Vydraa thought about keeping it to himself, but he figured if he experienced the same thing as Kal, the rest did. Without moving or looking at anyone in particular, he spoke up

"Use it with my blessing. The practical considerations can come later." he repeated "Not quite sure how to interpret that vision...or dream...or whatever it is..."

------------

7. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Irrak

Beneath his mask, Irrak's eyes flit open. The dream was like other dreams, except this one seems to have been shared with his fellow students. In his head, Irrak does not refer to them as "fellow students" but as "comrades." They're far younger than he is, and though his own father would still call him a welp, Irrak has at least two centuries on his fellows here, give or take six decades. This gives Irrak a particularly interesting take on the current goings-on:

Most of his comrades seem determined to search and scout. This seems counter-productive to Irrak, because Korriban - if this is indeed Korriban - isn't the most resource-rich planet to be stranded upon.

Before he can speak his mind about the search parties, however, Kal Dalton says something worrisome. "Does anyone else hear voices?"

Irrak pauses and turns his masked head to face Kal. When he speaks, his voice carries a basso note and filters through his mask as a rasp. "Are you hearing voices now, Kal Dalton?"

Tag: Jedi General Gelderd All

8. Jedi General Gelderd

Mar 6, 2004

Kal looked into Irrak's mask, trying to picture wheter the face underneath was smirking or concerned. He took slow steps over to him.

"Nothing that I can't deal with my good friend, don't worry." Kal had tilt his head back slightly to meet Irrak's mask looking down on him; an imposing, strong Padawan if ever there was one.

"It's just some strange dream or vision I had, but yes, I heard voices. I don't know who or what, but they were human voices. It's probably nothing."

He smiled up at the faceless mask. "Are YOU hearing voices Irrak?"

TAG: Penguinator; All

9. Nightvision91

May 21, 2013

Cort kept silent as Kal asked if anyone had heard voices. He did not know if he had just merely imagined the voices as if recalling a distant memory. A shiver ran down his spine as he heard Irrak speak.

"Have we all heard voices?" Cort asked mostly out loud to himself. He turned to face Vydraa as the fellow padawan repeated the line Cort had heard in his head also. There had been lessons from Master Heron about being cautious with the vastness of the force. Stories his Mon Cal master had shared with him about seeking the truth with all things.

"No I had an odd dream also." Cort admitted turning back to Kal. All of this made him very uneasy as he looked up at the sky once again as if the answers could be found there making this situation somewhat bearable.

Tag @Penguinator, Shereshoy Cabur, All

10. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Irrak

Irrak has to physically look down to meet Kal's gaze; this is merely a reality of spatial relationships, and there is no ill will in the body language of the tall Gen'dai as he speaks.

Irrak knows and, to an extent, understands that Kal Denton's reaction is entirely in keeping with human behavioural norms. Indeed, Irrak notes that Kal Denton's mindset seems to be remarkably optimistic and understanding, given their current situation.

"If you are dreaming, then that is good. But if you hear voices in waking hours...there is cause for concern." Were Irrak human, this is the point at which he would shrug, which would be a show of empathy and an attempt to lighten the situation given the subject matter. Irrak is not human, however, and his stance remains the same. "I am not hearing voices, Kal Denton, but I did have a dream wherein something spoke to me." He looks to Cort Leon, another Padawan, as he says this.

Irrak, in a stunning display of inter-species empathic understanding, thinks that now would be a very unfortunate and ill-advised time to discuss the psychosis that grips Gen'dai warriors as they near a thousand standard years of life.

Tag: @Nightvision91 Jedi General Gelderd, All

11. SWBob

SWBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 19, 2003
    IC: Vig D'agol
    Korriban

Vig listened to the discussion with the back of his mind. He put most of his energy into thinking about the situation they were in and what the best way to get them out of it.

Think Vig, think.

Alright. First, we arent little piles of mush on the ground so there is obviously some force at work here. Second, whatever is at work here doesnt want us with our masters. I know my master is alive. The Force would tell me if he was dead. They could be just a klick or two away, or they could be on the other side of the planet. The planet that was home to the Sith Empire, creatures that could defeat Jedi masters, Vig looked to the sky, and appearently someone or something that can completely change the sky, sun, and stars. The Force must be at work here since it seems like we all had the same dream, or vision.

"Solving this ‘mystery’ is secondary at the moment. The best vantage point would be at the top of one of the ruins. From there we could see for many kilometers. Send two groups to two ruins to cover the most ground."

"I dont know if that is the best idea. Remember, this is Korriban. This is not a pleasent world. Jedi masters would take care when coming to this world. I dont think splitting our defense is smart. What ever did this to us is powerfull. Powerfull enough to save us from the crash and to force us to all have what seems to be the same vision. I dont think we should take on something that strong with half a group of padawans." He looked to Cain, "But I do think the ruins are a good idea. Something is causing this and on a dark side planet I cant think of a better place to go to find whats wrong than a Sith ruin."

Tag: All

12. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    IC: Garrod Amana
    Korriban

Garrod listened to the various conversations, while examining their surroundings some more, idly fidgeting with 'his' lightsaber. It would seem they were in a very clear area, there was very little in the way of Korriban's ruins around, though the mountainous terrain in the distance was expected. Sighing slightly, Garrod stretched his back and stared into the disconcerting red sky. There weren't any answers waiting for him there however...just the black sun, and the equally black sta...wait a second...

Why are there exactly six stars? And they are in exactly the same position on each side of the sun. That vision...whoever did this wouldn't leave something like that just out of boredom would they? There has to be a reason for the way those stars are set up...but I don't want to weigh the group down thinking about it...

Garrod wasn't really a typical 'lone-wolf' type of Padawan, but right now...they needed each part of the group focusing on their own task, to figure out what was going on. So he would keep silent about his observations of the stars, and continue to examine them on his own. Maybe while the rest of the group examined the ruins, he could figure out if those six strange black stars were positioned over something.

As for now..."I agree. We can't afford to split up right now. While we would cover more ground, it also leaves us very vulnerable.This is Korriban. There is a reason that the Jedi haven't come here in so long...I don't want to find out in a split group. Once we know more about the situation...maybe. But right now, I don't believe splitting up is going to help anything, if we get ambushed by whatever stuck us here."

13. Nightvision91

May 21, 2013
    IC: Cort

"Perhaps whoever did this would want us to stay together. One big group is an easy enough target to take down." Cort commented listening to the various points being presented. He had been taught that it was better to work in smaller groups, and that a few could handle what a lot could not. All of this continued to make him uneasy as he looked to Irrak who had made mention of a dream.

"So then we all had this dream? Did it make any sense to anyone?" He asked hoping somehow an answer could be figured out. This was one of the moments he wished his master was around to give him the answer. He fiddled with the lightsaber he had awoken with wondering if the weapon would even work.

"I think going to the ruins is the best idea. I mean who doesn't want to go exploring Sith Ruins?" Cort remarked dryly not wanting to imagine what dark side powers laid dormant in those ancient places.

14. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Archive 01-1

The padawans discussed their next course of action - a fitting response, given the extreme unfamiliarity of the situation they now found themselves in. Some proposed that the group split up, in the hopes of accomplishing multidirectional surveillance. Others countered that to split up when confronted with the unknown was to court disaster. In both groups were some suggestions that the nearby ruins be investigated.

Ah yes, the ruins of Korriban. No discussion of the planet would be complete without mentioning their presence. At many points in the course of eras long past the ancient home of the Sith had played a key role in the emergence of powers aligned with the Dark Side of the Force. Each of these generations left its own mark upon the planet's surface. When compounded with the ancient tombs already housed there, the planet became, in many ways, a repository of a dark and troubling history.

It had been nearly a millennia since the last such threat to the established order of the Galaxy. Now even the most recent monuments to Dark Lords had long since fallen into decay. The one in closest proximity to the padawans, therefore, was a relatively recent specimen at "only" three or four millennia in age. Its collapsed, ebony spires, worn by the years, were nevertheless imposing, even from several miles off as they plainly were.

But this was not, at the moment, the most pressing concern the young apprentices would be forced to deal with.

No, that would have been the ragged figure not one hundred meters from their current position. Where had it come from? Those who had been watching the spot would've seen it walk out of a small, obscuring wind of sand and grit. Those who had been feeling with the Force would not have been able to detect its presence - this could perhaps be attributed to the overwhelming taint of the Dark Side, or whatever curious phenomena were keeping their Masters similarly cloaked. There was, of course, a singularly more sinister interpretation of these events, but it was unpleasant to dwell upon.

Whatever the case, the ragged figure outstretched its arms. It seemed to be yelling something. The tongue was strange, like nothing any of the padawans had ever heard before. Those with particularly keen hearing were able to pick up the last few sounds: "-atos Agla Amen."

A tremendous ivory claw, twenty taloned and gaping, extended from the ground beneath the ragged figure. The talons wrapped around the being, and dragged it into the earth.

There was no scream.

I apologize for the continued delays on my end, I had some unexpected RL issues that only just cleared up.​

15. Shereshoy Cabur

Shereshoy Cabur Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 2, 2013
    IC: Vydraa "Shereshoy" Jezrai

While looking at the group of padawans deciding the best course of action, something caught his attention from the corner of his eyes.

He saw movement, movement from off the side, clearly not part of the group.

Instinctively he drew his lightsaber with the Force, ignited the blade, and turned his body to face the figure in a ready, but not aggressive, stance. As he drew in the Force he studied the mysterious figure. It was ragged and moved slowly, giving off an uneasy feeling.

That's when it struck Vydraa.

He couldn't feel the being in the Force, and realized the sense of uneasiness came from his gut.

Calming himself in the Force, not allowing the lack of a Force presence to make him unsettled, he kept his composure, while keeping his eyes on the being with the cold stare he'd mastered growing up. Whether or not the being would be put off by his stare he didn't care. He held it.

Usually he'd make the first move, but in this case he didn't feel the need to do so. Whatever it was, it was trying to communicate with them, wait no...at something. He had no clue at the moment what he was communicating with. It could be to every padawan in the group, or simply an illusion caused by someone else on the planet.

He could only make out a few words, of the odd language the ragged figure spoke

-atos Agla Amen.

Then a massive claw rose from the ground, closed onto the figure, and pulled it into the ground and it was gone.

Not a single shimmer in the Force...

Vydraa didn't bother inspecting the spot where the claw disappeared with the being. He knew there'd be nothing to find.

His gaze slightly shifted over to the ruins that lay a few miles away from the group.

Turning off his lightsaber and reclipping it to his belt he knew his next move.

Whatever you guys decide amongst yourselves, splitting up or remaining as a one, I know what I'm doing

He began walking towards the ruins, and paused

I'm heading to the ruins, whoever else wants to do so, should join me

Digging into the Force, he began leaping/sprinting toward the spires with Force-enhanced speed. He knew he was a being impatient and a bit brazen to head off alone without waiting, but those who will join him would be able to catch up. He also knew full well to be aware of the danger to come, the uneasiness alone was enough to make him aware of that.

As he kept going he looked at the black sun for a brief moment.

I have to find some answers...

16. Jedi General Gelderd

Mar 6, 2004

The wind was picking up, the black sun continued to beat down. The sharp ingition of a lightsaber stunned Kal, spinning him around to see it was Vydraa, his stance was firm and ready.

Kal quickly followed his eyeline to see the cloaked figure in front of them, not seeming to present any threat or visable danger. But how had he sneaked up on them so well? Being Korriban, Kal didn't expect a simply explanation. He watched the figure, reaching out the group. He could hear words, but not make them out.

He just watched...and saw the huge claw rise from the ground and pull the figure into the depths where it came from.

There was no sound, no scream... no Force.

It was over as soon as it had begun, and Kal didn't quite understand what he had just seen, but he could see Vydraa moving away towards the breath-taking site of the ruins in the distance. Kal listened as Vydraa spoke, and he was soon gone, sprinting towards them.

Turning to the others, and looking up once more at Irrak beside him, Kal pulled up the hood on his brown robe. "I'm going with him. No-one should be left out here alone."

He turned towards the ruins and started a steady walk, using the Force as best he could to calm and rationalise the thoughts racing through his mind and feeling as much of his surroundings as the planet would let him.

TAG: Shereshoy Cabur, ALL

17. Nightvision91

May 21, 2013

The sound of a lightsaber coming to life made Cort activate his turning to see what had caused the incident. He saw Vydraa standing with his lightsaber at the ready. Cort looked past the padawan to the cloaked figure that stood in front of them.

Cort wondered just how the cloaked figure had been able to get so close to them. How did none of them sense a figure coming near? He had to remind himself that this was the Sith world. There was no easy answer to anything that occurred.

His eyes widened as he watched the huge claw rise, and take the figure into the dark depths. He felt a hollowness come from there. No scream of fear of being dragged. What worried Cort the most was there had been no force at all.

He heard what Vydraa had said then Kal as the two went off to the ruins. It did not take much to convince Cort that the time to search for answers had begun.

"We should get out of here." He said turning to follow the two padawans.Turning his lightsaber off he tried to run down all he had just seen.

TAG@ ALL

18. kommando104

kommando104 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 27, 2013
    IC: Cain Varss

Cain watched as the giant claw reached up from the ground encompassing the shouting being. The human couldn’t hear what was being said, but after what had happened, he wasn’t overly concerned. The lack of a scream was almost as disturbing as the fact that he couldn't feel the being through the Force. A jolt of fear ran through him that he suppressed, and replaced it with calm concentration on the situation in front of him. His hand had instinctively found its way to his belt, holding the hilt of his lightsaber. This changes things considerably.

Vydraa took off running and Kal walking. Cort suggested leaving. Cain needed no other motivation.

"You don't have to tell me twice. I'll keep pace with Vydraa so he's not alone out there," he said as he took off running in the direction Vydraa was going. Cain tried to use as little Force as possible to aid in his running while still keeping pace with the other padawan.

19. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    IC: Garrod Amana
    Korriban

Okay...that was terrifying... Garrod admitted to himself as he saw the figure get sucked under ground out of the corner of his eye, and makes this situation even more creepy.

Hearing a lightsaber ignite, Garrod saw one of the other Padawans shoot off towards the ruins. Several of the others started to follow him, as whatever just happened seemed to have spooked them enough to give up discussions in favor of getting indoors and away from that...thing...that had pulled the figure down.

Sighing slightly, Garrod started to follow them himself, albeit at a slower pace so that he could make sure everyone moved and no one was left behind.

20. SWBob

SWBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 19, 2003
    IC: Vig D'agol
    Korriban

Hearing the snap-hiss of a lightsaber behind him, Vig quickly turned towards the sound, puting his hand on his own lightsaber but not igniting it. As he spun he could see it was Vydraa again, his white blade visable over his shoulder as he looked of in the distance. Following his sight, Vig then saw what had caused his fellow padawan's reaction. There in front of them, just a short distance away, stood a man in ragged clothing, arms outstretched towards them. Over the wind he could pick out the last bit of what he was saying. "-atos Agla Amen." It didnt sound like any language that he knew of. It could be ancient Sith considering we're on Korriban, but that would be nothing but a guess. Then to his amazement a giant claw rose out of the ground and plucked up the figure and drug him beneath the ground without a sound.

He then heard Vydraa say he was heading off to the ruins, regardless of who else decided to come. Watching him sprint off towards the ruins, Vig shook his head. "That guy needs to learn patience. He's gonna get himself killed that way." One of the other padawans offered to keep up with him to help keep him alive. Deciding that they should stick together he joined the group that was taking the cautious path, walking towards the ruins instead of sprinting full speed.

Tag: all

21. Nightvision91

May 21, 2013

"Does anyone have any idea what we just saw?" Cort asked replaying the sequence in his mind. Master Heron had drilled him to go over every single detail when an event would unfold. Though he kept a hand on his lightsaber he tried to remain cool as he walked with some of the Padawans to the ruins. Fear picked at him making him want to run, but he felt that it wasn't the best option for him at the moment.

"Did we just see Sith? Some sort of weapon?" He stated knowing he was now talking a lot. It was mostly to himself to try, and find some sort of logical answer. He was glad that they were finally moving now. Even if it was to Sith ruins. Still he felt that at any moment that claw he saw would rise out of the ground, and take all of them down.

22. Rampani

Rampani Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2003
    IC: Cyril Glokta
    No Longer Worried About Splitting Up in Korriban's Desert........

The igniting lightsaber drew Cyril's thoughts away from the argument at hand. It was the voice, however, that got his full attention.

"-atos Agla Amen."

Cyril snapped his head in the direction Vydraa was facing. Out there, in the distance, was a figure seemingly dressed in rags. Dressed in rags and coming towards the group. Coming toward the group and he (she? it?) had no Force presence. That in itself was cause for concern. Master Kyronus was (had been?) fond of telling stories of the past. And in only one story had there been beings that lacked a presence in the Force.

It can't be.......

The thought had barely started to form when the figure was taken, dragged into the ground by an enormous bone-colored claw. At that point, Cyril blinked and went completely still. His mind instinctively began to make his Force presence smaller and smaller. It was an old reflex, acquired when he was a child, when all he wanted to do was hide.

What in the blazes just happened? It just came out of the sand. No movement, no change in the landscape, just....no warning. It just took that figure like it was nothing. And that being had no idea it was even there......If minds could make noise, a person could have heard the gears turning in Cyril's head.

I'm heading to the ruins, whoever else wants to do so, should join me"

The thought process was interrupted as Vydraa announced his intentions. More than half the group moved to follow and Cyril watched them for a moment, pondering his options. It wasn't a hard choice. He began to walk in the direction of the ruins with the others, falling into step behind Vig.

"Did we just see Sith? Some sort of weapon?"

Cyril looked over at Cort. It had seemed to be a rhetorical question, but......

"I don't think so Cort. I think it's something worse than the Sith or a simple weapon. Something much worse."

Cyril didn't add the thought that came with that statement. The figure that got taken couldn't be felt in the Force. And neither could the creature that took him.....

TAG: All, @Nightvision91

Nightvision91 and kommando104 like this.
  23. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008

[​IMG]
    "It is done."​
    "Then the selected have awoken within the seed?"​
    "The syngamy has proceeded in the usual manner. However, as a consequence of our ritual, the presence of the First was detected. If only for a moment, but it was unmistakable. Suffice it to say, it would be safe to assume manners are not proceeding in accordance with-"​
    "Do not speak its name."​
    "In accordance with the Commandant's will."​
    "The First will move to take advantage of the situation. We cannot allow-"​
    "It shall not be allowed. The selected will opt for destruction. The cycle will not restart."​
    "And what of that man?"​
    "He has made contact with the progenitors of the selected."​
    "This was not accounted for."​
    "It is irrelevant. The progenitors cannot hope to meaningfully impact the growth cycle. They are relics of a bygone era. Even that man knows this, deluded though he may be."​
    "And of the Galaxy?"​
    "Gone."​
    "Destroyed at the moment of the syngamy, in accordance with-"​
    "Do not speak its name."​
    "In accordance with the Commandant's will."​
    "In this manner and this manner alone the cycle continues as always."​
    "The selected will learn in time. They will see then that the Commandant is anathema. The cycle will not restart."​
    "The glorious finale is at hand, gentlemen. The end has begun. May its completion cleanse all."​
    "May its completion cleanse all."​
    "May its completion cleanse all."​

TAGs will go up either tomorrow or Saturday, after which there will be a very brief hiatus to accommodate my study schedule.​

24. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Archive 01-2

>THE FOLLOWING EXTRACT IS TAKEN FROM "THE PROPHECIES AT BAKURA"

>THE TEXT HAD UNTIL RECENTLY BEEN CONSIDERED A LARGE COLLECTION OF APOCRYPHAL RAMBLINGS

>THE TEXT PURPORTS TO DETAIL EVENTS WHICH HAVE NOT YET COME TO PASS, BUT IS WRITTEN AS THOUGH THEY HAD ALREADY BEEN

>WHAT FOLLOWS HAS, HOWEVER, BEEN DESCRIBED AS AN ACCURATE ACCOUNT OF THE EVENTS THAT UNFOLDED

>ARCHIVE READERS ARE ASKED TO EXCUSE THE EXCESSIVE COLORFULNESS OF THE EMPLOYED LANGUAGE

… There is a tendency amongst sentient beings to fault others for a lack of foresight once the full consequences of their actions have been laid bare. This is a natural tendency, and one that has been present throughout the history of the galaxy.

If only the Jedi Council had probed for information about the Star Forge. If only the Republic had not caved so willingly to the machinations of a tyrant. If only the government had been prepared for the possible threat of etra-galactic incursion. If only the Renunciation had been performed one hundred years earlier. If only the Assumption of Power had been performed before the Outer Rim Wars.

If only.

So it is our inclination, in the course of the events to follow, to pronounce similar judgements. If only the Jedi Council had not dispatched a mission to Korriban. If only the syngamy had not been allowed to come to fruition. If only the Padawans had gotten to the ruins somewhat more quickly.

If only.

But we must resist this inclination - what has happened has already happened. And none of the selected could possibly have known, then, that there was nothing beyond the swirling blood red skies they saw. None of them could have known just what foul ritual had been added to the myriad others already underway.​

25. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    So when we read of how the ground tore itself open with a terrible roar, of how the piercing rays of black light struck down from the heavens with a colossal crackling sizzle, of how the creatures began to emerge…

And what creatures they were! Many were their names, as we now know, and many more were their number!

וּשְׂעִירִ֖ים!

असुर!

الجن‎!

δαίμων!

鬼!

恶魔!

The Fallen!

Never had their like been seen in the galaxy. They were myriad - sentient, yes, but gibbering in a multitude of unheard of tongues, like nothing that had ever been heard. In every tongue, in every name, their cry was the same: "Freedom! Freedom at last!"

First amongst their number was the skeletal legion.

[​IMG]

The countless dead of every species spread throughout the Galaxy. Innumerable, vast. They were in various states of decay, but did not move as legion. Each possessed a will of its own - could still think. Could still hunger.

Next came creatures stranger still - even larger in number, each distinct as a human's fingerprint.

[​IMG]

They resembled all manner of being - some were quite normal looking, others would be impossible to describe were I to write a million million words. These, too, were possessed of their own conscious minds. These too could hunger.

And last and most terrible of all was >ARCHIVE CORRUPTED who could not even be glimpsed, though the more keen sighted amongst the Padawan's number may have seen but a single one of the black, leathery wings.

The opening now was like until an unstoppable stream of water. Soon these beasts would roam rampant across the land.

But somehow, the Padawans knew a detail that could spare them. They heard, as if from nowhere and everywhere, a single voice.

"The ruins!

Get to the ruins!"

Would they act on this impulse? Or would they attempt to stand and fight? Could the voice even be trusted?

Read on.

And on that note, we'll be going on a brief hiatus until August 21st, when I will return with the next update, owing to my study schedule. Please feel free to reply in the interim.​

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.