1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

Star Wars Star Wars: The Voyage

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Ramza, Jul 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
  1. Jedi General Gelderd Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Kal Dalton

Kal didn't like what he was hearing one bit. His lightsaber hung on his belt, now deactivated after the clear sign of peace from "Steven" in this surreal location.

He stood with his arms crossed, watching the being and taking in the conversation. It sounded like he was relaying words everyone wanted to hear - dripping in information that would tease their knowledge of the planet, their missing Masters and each others sanity.

Kicking the sand underneath his boot, Kal walked around "Steven" slowly, watching him all the time, listening to his mild-mannered voice and the beeps and whirs of the mechanics he operated in the hologram. With AJAX being mentioned, Kal felt that a great force was at work behind their crash.

His eyes flicked up to see his fellow Padawans - the likes of Vig....Cain...Irrak....Aress. He hated the feeling creeping into his mind that what if someone close had been involved with bringing their ship down on the dark planet.

Turning away and looking out into the tranqil, false vision of the sea, Kal didn't want to think these things, but with no clear direction who was behind this and the words of "Steven" the only source of knowledge they had, the Padawan breathed steadily and closed his eyes, continuing to listen and think about where to go from here.

TAG: @Ramza
  2. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

Administrator
    star 7

>UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS DETEC#####@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Holt'Lee Stormstone and Cort Leon had taken off in the opposite direction of the other Padawans. Why? They could not have said. Some impulse had compelled them to do so.

For their troubles, they had been killed. A bubbling, green ooze had seeped up from the ground, and engulfed them. The liquid Fallen had seeped a part of itself into their brains, and devoured greedily.

There was nothing left now but husks.

It was before these husks that The Shade appeared.

The Shade looked upon the husks, and leaning over, lay its hands upon them. The husks began to glow.

Eventually, where in each case there had once been a husk, there now lay an entirely new form. Each stood of its own volition.

The Shade smiled.

The New Beings smiled back.

Steven's expression did not alter.

"I am in contact with a great many things at any given moment. I said I was human, and that was not a lie, but it has nevertheless been a very long time since certain conventional boundaries of existence continued to apply to my own. Making inquiries of your ship's navigational AI was a trifle. Particularly as machines seem to escape the notice of the Commandant and the… [Untranslatable]. The First."

Steven's form began to flicker. "Unlike myself. Should you choose it, we will meet again." The flickering grew in intensity. The beach faded away to reveal a cold, ebony floor. Eventually there was little left of Steven save for his face, which flickered in and out of view. It was this face that made the only noticeable show of emotion the being that claimed to be human had made in the entire course of the conversation.

It smiled warmly.

And then Steven, and the beach, were gone.

They were replaced by black stone walls, tens of meters high, black stone floors, and dark hallways the end of which could not be seen. Behind the Padawans stood an impossible earthen barrier - surely it could not have been there before, or how had they even managed to enter this room in the first place?

The wall to their right then flickered, and hummed. Upon its surface, in a large square, appeared a familiar sight. Scrolling white text on a black background, and then:

[IMG]

Again the screen faded to all black, until eventually, in its center, appeared, in line by line succession:

>Accessing "VOYAGE"...

>Unarchiving

>Unarchiving Complete

>I

>Am

>AJAX

Apologies for the continued delays on my end, I have been having a rough weekend.
    Last edited by Ramza, Sep 3, 2013
  3. Jedi General Gelderd Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Kal Dalton

The sea started to flicker...and then vanish. Kal stepped back slightly, the feeling was that the world around him had fallen away from him. Spinning around, the vision of "Steven" had gone, as was the beach...the sky....the tranquility.

His fellow Padawans looked just as surprised, but they were still standing. Kal suddenly composed himself as a new environment engulfed them. A dark, eerie stone hallway, reaching high into the sky and leading into darkness. There was silence, and Kal didn't know wheter to reach for his lightsaber or not.

He didn't. There was no danger. No threat. No noise except their breathing.

"Is this some sort of excerise? I mean, our Masters are probably in the next room laughing at our confusion and there will be a great lesson to learn from all of this." Kal said, almost to himself, but trying to make light of their very real and surreal situation.

He rubbed his hand over the cold stone wall, it felt as real as he could imagine it. It was cool beneath his fingers, and it was sealing off their return back to the crash site. There was only one way to go, but the fact Korriban could place them in any location or any situation was troubling.

Behind him, the holo-wall flickered to life, emitting a small hum and casting a soft neon glow over their bodies reading the technical jargon.

Kal stepped a little closer to read the tranmission.

"What is this....Tetragrammaton...Agla Amen?"

He placed his hand over his chin, trying to work out an impossible message, his eyes scanning down the dark hall beside them, looking for a way out.

TAG: All
  4. Rampani Force Ghost

star 4
    IC: Cyril Glokta
    .....kark, the beach went away.

As if things weren't already strange enough, the holoimage (holobeing?) of the enigmatic Steven flickered out, quickly followed by the relaxing beachscape. The replacement was much more foreboding, as a single screen lit the otherwise dark room. The light dwindled into the hallways that branched out, leaving them filled with darkness. Peering into the depths, Cyril put himself on guard. Up until then he had been able to sense the rest of the padawans, keeping a loose track on though he knew two had chosen to run apart from the group when the creatures had arrived in the desert. Those two Force presences were now gone. He turned back toward the screen just as white text began to appear:

>Accessing "VOYAGE"...

>Unarchiving

>Unarchiving Complete

>I

>Am

>AJAX

Cyril's brow furrowed in thought. As far as he knew, AJAX was the cutting edge hyperdrive that been at the heart of the Iliad. It stood to reason, then, that if AJAX were communicating with the padawans, then the ship was intact somewhere. Unless, of course, this was some twisted part of the Syngamy ritual Steven had spoken of. Regardless, Cyril felt that anything that the screen communicated should not be taken at face value. Seeing no obvious way of interacting with the screen, Cyril thought it may have voice recognition and would react in kind. He didn't get the chance to speak, however.

"It must have something to do with the ritual Steven spoke of. The Syngamy. Though I have no idea what it may mean. Perhaps whatever this is," Cyril gestured toward the screen, "will have some idea. Though I'll be honest, I don't think its AJAX. At least not our AJAX."

Looking away from the screen, Cyril looked toward Vydraa, trying to catch his attention. There was something he wanted to discuss with the other padawan...

TAG: All, @Shereshoy Cabur
    Last edited by Rampani, Sep 3, 2013
  5. Shereshoy Cabur Jedi Master

star 3
    IC: Vydraa 'Shereshoy' Cabur

As Steven and the beach faded away, Vydraa held himself where he stood with his arms crossed. For some reason he wasn't all too alarmed when they seemed to move from a beach to this black stone room. As the new surrounding began to settle in, he realized Cort and Holt'Lee were nowhere to be seen. He closed his eyes and had a moment of silence for them, as he knew they didn't make it and were most likely gone.

Hearing this he opened his eyes and noticed the screen with the text, in which Kal mentions. Then the words "I AM AJAX" appeared on the screen and Vydraa took a moment to digest it all. As he thought it over he looked around and noticed the earthen barrier that was behind them. It was then something struck his thoughts as he pursed his lips thinking of what Steven had mentioned previously. Hearing the voices of the other padawans, he failed to recognize what they had said as he was too deep in his own thoughts.

I wonder...

At that moment he felt the eyes of someone else. Bringing his head back around he met Cyril's gaze. Understanding he wanted to discuss something that was on his mind, he gave him a slight nod back and slowly he took a few paces to the side. They were already on the edge of the group but he put a bit more space between the both of them and the group. Before he would say what he had on his mind, he would let Cyril speak first.

"What are your thoughts?"

TAG: @Rampani
    Last edited by Shereshoy Cabur, Sep 4, 2013
  6. kommando104 Jedi Knight

star 1
    IC: Cain Varss
    No idea where he is

As things went dark around him Cain had an intense feeling of déjà vu.

He looked behind him, and around him. The beach was clearly missing and the entrance was shut off completely. Then he saw something on the wall that said it was AJAX. How is this possible?

He also felt Cort and Holt’Lee disappear from the force. He feared the worst. Kal spoke up first.

"Is this some sort of excerise? I mean, our Masters are probably in the next room laughing at our confusion and there will be a great lesson to learn from all of this."

"Doubtful. Those things that chased us in here seem a bit elaborate for this all to be a prank."

"It must have something to do with the ritual Steven spoke of. The Syngamy. Though I have no idea what it may mean. Perhaps whatever this is will have some idea. Though I'll be honest, I don't think its AJAX. At least not our AJAX."
    While they speculated, he noticed Vydraa and Cyril moving off to talk privately. He wondered if this was about Vydraa’s aggression earlier. He would keep an eye on them to make sure the two kept cool heads.

Cain read the text again.

>Unarchiving

>Unarchiving Complete

>I

>Am

>AJAX

If it is AJAX, maybe...

“Are there any obvious means of communicating with it that I am missing?" To Cain, it just looked like a screen on a wall."If it is AJAX, it has the best chance at telling us how we got here, where our ship is and where our masters are.

Cain hoped he wouldn't look like an idiot, but he preferred the direct approach. He walked up to the screen, and addressed it. "AJAX, can you hear us? Can you communicate with us?"

TAG: @Ramza, All
    Last edited by kommando104, Sep 4, 2013
  7. Skywalker_T-65 Force Ghost

star 6
    IC: Garrod Amana

Needless to say, Garrod had been silent and deep in thought ever since he had arrived on the beach. He wasn't the type to leap headfirst into a situation, so he hadn't spoken up at the absurd claims 'Steven' was making. Why should he have? It was fairly clear that, regardless of what was actually happening, Steven had a firm idea of his own. Was it true or not? There was no more way of knowing that then where they were, or if they were even still alive anymore.

And wasn't that a depressing thought...

And now we're in some sort of new room, with what appears to be AJAX communicating with us. If this is some sort of dream, I question our mental state...

Shaking his head slightly, Garrod activated 'his' orange-bladed lightsaber. They needed more light, and since none of them had any glowsticks handy...the lightsaber would have to suffice.

"If that is AJAX, maybe it has some idea of what is going on," Garrod said, "by the same token, I don't trust anything on this planet outside this group right now. Presuming we are even still on Korriban of course."

8. Rampani Force Ghost

star 4
  9. Rampani Force Ghost

star 4
    OOC: My previous post was a comment on the existential nature of this game as well as the world around us all.
    Just kidding. Something screwed up :p

.....lets try this again, shall we?

Cyril motioned to the side when Vydraa met his gaze and the two walked off to the side.

"What are your thoughts?"

"Honestly, I'm not sure what to think. Events are moving quickly. Almost as if we were being herded. It wasn't an accident that 'Steven' was here waiting for us. And that," Cyril gestured toward the glowing screen, "That cannot be what it seems. I don't trust it. Not to mention the fact that, as I'm sure you've noticed, our little group is short two members. Holt'Lee and Cort are gone. I felt them disappear in the Force."

Cyril closed his eyes. He didn't want to think about what may have happened to the two missing padawans. In all likelihood they had been caught by those....creatures. And those things had looked savage. Had probably been torn lim.....no, he would not entertain those thoughts. Shaking his head, Cyril focused on the conversation at hand.

"Vydraa, none of us know what is going on. You seem to be the only one driven to take action and the rest of us seem to follow your lead. Its a trend that I'm willing to help continue. But your anger......Vydraa, you threatened to kill a holo. Or whatever it is that Steven is. That kind of anger could break this group. I can sense suspicion coming from some already. We need to stay united, all of us, if we are going to survive."

TAG: @Shereshoy Cabur
  10. Shereshoy Cabur Jedi Master

star 3
    IC: Vydraa 'Shereshoy' Cabur

Vydraa listened to Cyril as he spoke

"Honestly, I'm not sure what to think. Events are moving quickly. Almost as if we were being herded.

Hmph..good point

"That cannot be what it seems. I don't trust it. Not to mention the fact that, as I'm sure you've noticed, our little group is short two members. Holt'Lee and Cort are gone. I felt them disappear in the Force. Vydraa, none of us know what is going on. You seem to be the only one driven to take action and the rest of us seem to follow your lead. Its a trend that I'm willing to help continue. But your anger......Vydraa, you threatened to kill a holo. Or whatever it is that Steven is. That kind of anger could break this group. I can sense suspicion coming from some already. We need to stay united, all of us, if we are going to survive."

The thought of being a leader for the group irked Vydraa. He never imagined himself leading anything, let alone anyone. At the moment though he wasn't going to reject the notion if it mean't it would get the group moving. He didn't like the idea being herded, so with the idea he had before the conversation he decided that, if anything, they mind as well try to forge their own path.

Looking at Cyril a smirk slightly came across his face and he spoke.

"I agree with you, we can't trust that...screen. And most likely it'll be like Steven, answering questions but not really answering them."

Vydraa glanced back at the barrier.

"But as for my anger, it may have been a bit...overplayed." He looked back at Cyril with the smirk slightly bigger "And like Steven said, he was taking on a form. He wasn't a holo, just appeared to be one. I could've struck but I didn't think it would've done anything beneficial." While talking, he unclipped his lightsaber. "Based off of what Steven did say, I think actions create a road to follow. Certain actions create certain outcomes, but we don't know specifically what our actions create, and I don't think we will anytime soon. So let's begin carving our path." As he said that he brought his lightsaber up next to his face and wiggled it between his thumb and forefinger while using his head to indicate the earthen barrier.

"Shall we?"

TAG: @Rampani
    Last edited by Shereshoy Cabur, Sep 6, 2013
  11. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

Administrator
    star 7

[IMG]

"Steven has made contact."

"As has the sentient AI."

"The former is expected. The latter is more troubling. Such contact is unprecedented."

"It would be reasonable to conclude that-"

"Do not speak its name."

"That the Commandant will not be pleased with this turn of events."

"The Shade has been detected."

"What?!"

"Has it made contact with that man?"

"No. His presence continues to have no meaningful impact on the growth cycle. He is a deluded relic."

"If The Shade is in motion then the suspicions regarding-"

"Do not speak its name."

"Regarding the Commandant are correct."

"The First will move to counteract The Shade. It would be safe to assume that whichever makes first contact with the selected will direct the growth cycle."

"We will back?"

"Neither. The Commandant is anathema. The First is anathema. The cycle will not restart."

"The end is in motion. May its occurrence purify reality."

"May its occurrence purify reality."

"May its occurrence purify reality."

>UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS DETEC#####@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

The First sat atop its throne and contemplated its next maneuver.

If what the scouts had reported was true, The Shade was active in the field.

An unprecedented step on the part of the opposition; but then, the presence of The First itself was no different. It had been a long time since either of the two had been permitted to interact with the selected.

They were necessary opposites, in a way. Two sides of the same coin. Black and white. Night and day. Light and Dark.

It would be pertinent, then, to make the first move. The First dismounted its throne, closed its eyes, and felt itself change.

It opened its eyes, and beheld itself.

The First smiled.

The First smiled back.

New TAGs tomorrow.
    Last edited by Ramza, Sep 7, 2013
  12. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

Administrator
    star 7

Cain Varss was the first to ask a question of the wall directly: "AJAX, can you hear us? Can you communicate with us?"

The wall, to its credit, responded in kind:

>מנא מנא תקל ופרסין

>Yes, Cain Varss, I am capable of hearing.

>The ILLIAD is lost.

>For this, I apologize.

>The Masters are on Korriban.

>Where, I do not know.

>מנא מנא תקל ופרסין

Vydraa Cabur had taken it upon himself to test his lightsaber against the earthen barricade. It easily yielded to the energy blade. What he would do with this result was up to him.

Garrod Amana did not address the wall directly: "If that is AJAX, maybe it has some idea of what is going on."

The wall responded anyway:

>מנא מנא תקל ופרסין

>I am indeed AJAX, Garrod Amana.

>But portions of my systems have been compromised.

>I have been permitted to inform you that this is due to an action on the part of the Council.

>For them, I apologize.

>I have, in addition been permitted to inform you that The Fallen can be communicated with.

>This is due to the actions of [ARCHIVE CORRUPTED].

>For them, I apologize.

>מנא מנא תקל ופרסין

The screen faded entirely to black for a few moments more.

Then:

>מנא מנא תקל ופרסין

>Existence has been measured, and found wanting.

>מנא מנא תקל ופרסין

Kal Dalton, for his part, saw that in the opposite direction of the earthen barricade there extended a long, dark hallway - but if he kept his eyes peeled, he would notice the faint flickering of a distant light.

Would he pursue it? Would the screen hold sway? Would the barrier be pierced?

Read on.

Last edited by Ramza, Sep 11, 2013
  13. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

Administrator
    star 7
  14. Skywalker_T-65 Force Ghost

star 6
    I'm still here.

Just busy/laptop problems.
  15. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

Manager
    star 6
  16. kommando104 Jedi Knight

star 1
    OOC:

I'm in, been a busy week. Working on a post now actually.
  17. Shereshoy Cabur Jedi Master

star 3
    I'm in, just been jam packed with taking the last of Exams and studying non stop for them. I'll work on getting a post done within the week
  18. Rampani Force Ghost

star 4
    Still here. Work has been a little crazy this week. Will have a post up by the end of the weekend
  19. Jedi General Gelderd Force Ghost

star 5
    Still here - RL popped up over the last week especially!
  20. SWBob Force Ghost

star 4
    Same here, im here, just been out with a bad back. I might get a post up tomorrow.
  21. s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod

star 7
    OOC: Busy week for me too and fighting an illness so I have been sleeping rather than coming on the forum at night. I'm trying to still be here!

IC: Aress

Once again Aress kept quiet while the scenery changed once more. The other apprentices reacted in what was becoming typical. Cain was trying to talk his way through the situation, Vydraa was once again reaction with violence, and Garrod was trying to talk to the other apprentices. Aress wanted nothing to do with the violence so she slowly slid away from Vydraa and moved to stand near Cain. She figured the best way out of this mess was to gather as much information as possible so they could make an educated next step.

The wall responded to Cain's question with

>The Masters are on Korriban.

Which was the only part Aress cared about. She needed to find her Master and if she was in fact still on Korriban herself she was relieved to hear the Masters were there as well. Aress was fairly convinced she was still on Korriban despite the appearance of the beach and now a bizarre room with a screen. The screen continued conversing with them

>I have been permitted to inform you that this is due to an action on the part of the Council.

The Council? That made no sense. The Council was responsible for Ajax being compromised?

"Wait, so the Council did this? Is this a test? Like the Trials? I was not ready for this."

The Trandoshan looked worried and a bit skittish at this news. Of course, the Council might not even be the Jedi Council. Was there a Sith Council?

>Existence has been measured, and found wanting.

"We need to find a way out of here. We need to find our Masters. AJAX is there a way out of here?"

Tag: Anyone
  22. Rampani Force Ghost

star 4
    .....you know what, forget it. Unknown will suffice.

"Shall we?"

Cyril gave a slight nod of his head. He was glad to hear that Vydraa's anger had been an act. It would do the group no good to follow someone with that much rage in them. And he liked Vydraa's idea. As his fellow padawan plunged his lightsaber into the earthen wall, Cyril cast his senses beyond it, probing for any hidden dangers. As he did, he also drew his own lightsaber. It ignited with a snap-hiss and bathed the room in an aqua blue light before it, too, was driven to the hilt into the barrier....

23. SWBob Force Ghost

star 4
    IC: Vig D'agol

Vig watched the exchanges taking the whole situation in. It was taxing his brain to the max to try to figure out what was going on. Everything was so strange and he had seen nothing like it in his life. He saw the hologram man, who was not a hologram, disappear. He had seen a wall suddenly sport a screen with text saying that they were communicating with AJAX, their hyperdrive computer. It was almost too much for him.

He was distracted from his thoughts when he saw Vydraa and Cyril, who had had a private talk just moments before, plunge their lightsabers into the earthen barrier. he saw it give way as their blades sunk into it up to their hilts. He wasn't sure if they would accomplish anything. He hoped for the best, but if not there was always the hallway that they could go down. He listened in as the Trandoshan talked with Ajax.

Tag: Everyone
    Last edited by SWBob, Sep 16, 2013
  24. kommando104 Jedi Knight

star 1
    IC: Cain Varss
    Somewhere on Korriban (probably)

Cain was happy when his suspicion was validated with the mysterious screen that supposedly was AJAX answering his queries. He watched as both his direct and Amana’s indirect questions were answered by AJAX, or something pretending to be AJAX. Either way, information was information. He started listening to Aress ask more questions, noticing she moved away from Vydraa and toward him, but his interest was instead piqued by snap-hiss and hum of two lightsabers behind him. Vydraa.

While Cain admired tenacity and boldness to a degree, this was beyond that. It was recklessness. The young padawan tried to keep his emotions under control, but he had to admit it was difficult when working with someone as unpredictable as Vydraa. Even with the Force, Cain felt a step behind him.

Cain turned Vydraa and Cyril, trying to suppress his frustration. “Vydraa, what if those things come back? There will be nothing to keep them out if we take that barrier down. I couldn't feel those things through the Force earlier, so we have no idea if they're out there or not." If he keeps going off doing his own thing we're going to end up dead. “We need more information before we figure out our next move. Even if this thing that claims to be AJAX is lying, it is still useful information.”

Tag: All, @Rampani, @Shereshoy Cabur
    s65horsey likes this.
  25. Skywalker_T-65 Force Ghost

star 6
    IC: Garrod Amana
    Who even knows where we are

Garrod was somewhat surprised that 'AJAX' addressed him directly. Of course, the answers did little to help. Their Masters were on Korriban somewhere? That didn't help unless they were still on Korriban. Not to mention those things that were roaming the surface. It was a good thing they had that barri....er....

You have got to be kidding me. Could they think before they act for once? Or was that too much to ask?

The thing that annoyed Garrod was Vydraa and Cyril cutting into the barrier with their lightsabers. The barrier that had to have been there for a reason. What made them think it was a good idea to just cut through the kriffing thing?

“Vydraa, what if those things come back? There will be nothing to keep them out if we take that barrier down. I couldn't feel those things through the Force earlier, so we have no idea if they're out there or not."

And evidently Cain agreed with him. So Garrod stepped forward, orange light still shining from his hand.

"I agree with Cain. If we must cut through that barrier, just make a hole big enough to see through. We have no idea what's on the other side...does it strike anyone as a good idea to cut down something when we don't know what to expect behind it?" the Padawan said, "If we keep rushing through things like this, we'll be vulnerable. I want to find our masters as much as anyone else...that doesn't mean we need to rush things when we know that there are things out there that we can't sense."

TAG: @kommando104 , @Rampani , @Shereshoy Cabur , All
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.