1. Oh hai Guest!

    Welcome to the RPF!

Star Wars Star Wars: The Voyage

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Ramza, Jul 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
  1. Shereshoy Cabur Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Feb 2, 2013
    star 3
    IC: Vydraa 'Shereshoy' Jezrai



    After Cyril nodded in agreement, Vydraa smiled before turning around, igniting his blade, and jamming it into the barrier. He was glad to see that it gave way and so he began to cut into it. He felt the surprise (and apprehension for some) of his fellow padawans when they heard the snap-hiss of his and Cyril's blade. Sure enough they voiced their opinions.

    Cain was the first to speak

    “Vydraa, what if those things come back? There will be nothing to keep them out if we take that barrier down. I couldn't feel those things through the Force earlier, so we have no idea if they're out there or not.We need more information before we figure out our next move. Even if this thing that claims to be AJAX is lying, it is still useful information.”

    Then Garrod interjected

    "I agree with Cain. If we must cut through that barrier, just make a hole big enough to see through. We have no idea what's on the other side...does it strike anyone as a good idea to cut down something when we don't know what to expect behind it?" the Padawan said, "If we keep rushing through things like this, we'll be vulnerable. I want to find our masters as much as anyone else...that doesn't mean we need to rush things when we know that there are things out there that we can't sense."

    After listening while cutting into the barrier, he pulled out his lightsaber and turned to face them. With a normal tone he responded.

    "Look, I understand your reasoning but, I don't trust that screen, or whatever it is. We don't know if it's lying or telling the truth let alone if it's AJAX, and quite frankly it's futile to try figure out what's a lie and what's not when we're clearly being herded around. Like Steven said, our actions affect the Syngamy, so I'm taking action. Was he telling truth? I don't know. Do I know what exactly is going to happen next or what I'm expecting? No. But it's better than trying to figure out the woven truths and lies given to us by whoever." As he said whoever he sarcastically pointed upwards to imply he was referring to who or what was pulling the strings, "And if the Fallen is on the other side, well we've got that hallway to run away in. Plus how do you know this isn't a barrier to keep us out, rather than keeping the Fallen out? Again, we don't know." then he directed his last sentence to Garrod, "But we'll cut a small hole to see what's there first."

    As he turned around to resume cutting the barrier down, another thought occurred to him and turned back around.

    "Also I'm not just acting before thinking. I may be a bit more trusting with my instincts" Something my master taught me, he said to himself "but I'm definitely not acting irrationally. My thoughts and instincts are telling me not to trust any of this." He shrugged and said, "If you don't believe me, just ask Cyril."

    He then turned his grip into a reverse grip, jammed it back into the barrier, put the palm of his free hand on the pommel, and resumed to cutting out a small hole.


    TAG: ALL
    Last edited by Shereshoy Cabur, Sep 17, 2013
  2. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

    Administrator
    Member Since:
    Jul 13, 2008
    star 7
    GM Note: Hey folks, sorry for the delay, I've been wrestling with a cold ever since I proctored a test on Wednesday. Going to try and get an update up tomorrow. Consider this a 24 hour notice.
    Last edited by Ramza, Sep 22, 2013
    Shereshoy Cabur likes this.
  3. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

    Administrator
    Member Since:
    Jul 13, 2008
    star 7



    Now Aress put a question before the wall. Two, in fact: "Wait, so the Council did this? Is this a test? Like the Trials? I was not ready for this."

    >מנא מנא תקל ופרסין

    >It is like and unlike the Trials.

    >The Council had record of the Syngamy.

    >As a result, the moment was prepared for.

    >I do not believe that you were their intended Selected.

    >The Council, of course, did not know they had no say in the matter.

    >There is but one who does.

    >מנא מנא תקל ופרסין

    Then: "AJAX is there a way out of here?"

    >מנא מנא תקל ופרסין

    >The ways number two.

    >You may proceed down the hallway.

    >I do not know what awaits on this route.

    >You may proceed back through the earthen barricade erected by the anomaly.

    >I do not know what awaits on this route.

    >מנא מנא תקל ופרסין


    The wall was cut. A small hole had been readied by the lightsabers of Vydraa Jezrai and Cyril Glokta. On the other side lay…

    But that was impossible.

    On the other side sat a being, bedecked in red and blue robes. The wind carried dust around and over it. Its features were obscured by the long folds of the clothing.

    It seemed to be drinking from some kind of gourd. It was visible even from this distance - and the distance from the barricade to the figure was considerable - that it was quite content. It was unmoved by the red sky, the black sun. It simply sat. And drank.

    It appeared to glance up at the barricade. It shook its gourd, almost invitingly, and resumed drinking.

    TAG: @s65horsey @Skywalker_T-65 @kommando104 @Shereshoy Cabur @Rampani @SWBob @Penguinator @Jedi General Gelderd
    Last edited by Ramza, Sep 23, 2013
  4. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

    Administrator
    Member Since:
    Jul 13, 2008
    star 7
    Jedi General Gelderd likes this.
  5. Skywalker_T-65 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Nov 19, 2009
    star 6
    OOC: Sorry, got swamped. I'm fine with keeping it here, or moving forward.
  6. Shereshoy Cabur Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Feb 2, 2013
    star 3
    IC: Vydraa 'Shereshoy' Jezrai


    As the small opening gave way, Vydraa wasn't sure what to make of what he was witnessing.

    There was a being in red and blue robes, drinking, and seemingly inviting them to come closer. Vydraa also noticed that going past this barrier also means going back outside. Last time they were all outside, they had seen The Fallen for the first time. Except this time none of them appeared to be around...just the being inviting them over.

    I'm not sensing danger...but I have a feeling that this being could be another Steven.

    Vydraa let out a slightly exasperated sigh

    Fierfek all this uncertainty is just annoying me more and more by the minute. I'm getting fed up with this...

    After taking a breath to calm the annoyance growing within him, he looked over at Cyril

    "Well...what are you thinking?"


    TAG: @Rampani, and everyone else
    Last edited by Shereshoy Cabur, Oct 3, 2013
  7. Rampani Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Feb 25, 2003
    star 4
    OOC: Sorry sorry. Busy busy times in RL for Rampani! But I'm back; so sorry for the delay :p

    IC: Cyril Glokta

    "Well...what are you thinking?"

    Cyril slowly blinked, mouth hanging slightly open in disbelief. Of all the things that could have been behind the earthen barrier, this was definitely not among the realm of possibilities he had considered. A being simply sitting in the sun, clad in blue and red robes, and drinking in what seemed like a cheerful manner. Whatever it was, it even waggled its drinking gourd in the direction of the padawans, as if inviting them to join in.

    "I'm thinking that maybe this is all an alcohol-infused dream and I'm starting to wind down, so my subconscious is telling me to drink more.Or that this entirely surreal situation is, in fact, reality and that whoever or whatever that is wants to talk. And I think we should oblige him. From a position of strength, that is."

    Staring through the hole in the barrier, Cyril assessed the surrounding's around the being. To the right.....desert. To the left.....desert. And, of course, unimpeded desert between themselves and the being. Cyril grimaced. It would be difficult to sneak up on the being. Difficult...but not impossible.

    "Vydraa, I'm no expert in combat, traditional or aided by the Force. What I can do is be exceedingly sneaky. So here's what I think we should do. A few of us go out there, lightsabers lit, and make a show of force as they approach the being. Meanwhile, I'll sneak out behind you and make myself as invisible as I can in both my Force presence and to the naked eye. The group walks slowly toward the being while I make my way behind it. Once I'm in place, I'll give you an extremely slight nudge in the Force. And I mean extremely slight. I don't want to give away my position. At that point, the group engages the thing in talks and if it's being too cryptic, well, I'll help us pursue more aggressive negotiations."

    TAG: @Shereshoy Cabur, @Ramza, @Everyone else/>
  8. s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod

    Member Since:
    Jun 24, 2006
    star 7
    IC: Aress

    >It is like and unlike the Trials.
    >The Council had record of the Syngamy.
    >As a result, the moment was prepared for.
    >I do not believe that you were their intended Selected.
    >The Council, of course, did not know they had no say in the matter
    >There is but one who does.

    Aress sighed softly at the answers from AJAX. She knew she wasn't supposed to be here. Her visions of the future did not include this. She only hoped now to be able to make it out alive. Perhaps it was time to set herself apart from the others. Perhaps there was a chance of survival if the group split up. They appears to be at a crossroads.

    The big lizard-like female shook her head at the two padawans near the hole in the earthen barrier. She thought they were insane and had a death wish.

    "I will not follow the two of you to your deaths especially a plan based on one of you becoming invisible in a barren desert. I am choosing to walk down the hallway. If anyone else would like to join me, feel free."

    And without a backwards glance, Aress stepped lightly into the passageway.

    Tag: All
  9. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

    Administrator
    Member Since:
    Jul 13, 2008
    star 7
    GM Notice: So I actually am working on an update, which I hope to have up some time tomorrow, after which I think we'll try and ease in to a semiweekly update schedule. I'm content with going slower if it allows people to get updates up, for once in my life I know where the game is going and I'll get it there with as many or as few folks as want to come along. :p

    Do be aware that if you're unable to post between those semiweekly updates, I'm reserving the right to move your characters to advance things along, just to keep things cooking.

    Edit: It's taking a bit longer than I thought it might. ETA is Friday.
    Last edited by Ramza, Oct 17, 2013
  10. Shereshoy Cabur Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Feb 2, 2013
    star 3
    IC: Vydraa 'Shereshoy' Jezrai
    Location: Barrier



    After listening to Aress' reasoning for going deeper into the passageway he held nothing against her. He understood that she has to do what she think is the best move. If anything he understood it more than anyone else in the room.

    "May the Force be with you Aress...and may we see each other again soon." and he gave her a nod before turning his attention back to Cyril's suggested plan.

    "Vydraa, I'm no expert in combat, traditional or aided by the Force. What I can do is be exceedingly sneaky. So here's what I think we should do. A few of us go out there, lightsabers lit, and make a show of force as they approach the being. Meanwhile, I'll sneak out behind you and make myself as invisible as I can in both my Force presence and to the naked eye. The group walks slowly toward the being while I make my way behind it. Once I'm in place, I'll give you an extremely slight nudge in the Force. And I mean extremely slight. I don't want to give away my position. At that point, the group engages the thing in talks and if it's being too cryptic, well, I'll help us pursue more aggressive negotiations."

    "I'm all for that Cyril...but no need for the nudge in the Force. I trust that you will be where you need to be. We should minimize any chance of...it...detecting you." he then directed his next comment to the rest of the group, "And for anyone who doesn't come with us, may the Force be with you..."

    Quickly, he then carved out a bigger hole in the barrier, just enough for them to go through it one-by-one, and made his way towards the figure clad in red and blue robes. Not daring to let his guard down he wasn't afraid to let his assertion seep through the Force as he approached with his lightsaber in a reverse grip. He made sure to keep Cyril out of his mind so that the figure, if it could, wouldn't detect any hint of deception in the Force.

    When he finally got close enough to the figure, he maintained a reasonable distance while he asked, "Who are you?" with a calm but a assertive tone.


    TAG: @s65horsey, @Rampani, everyone else
    Last edited by Shereshoy Cabur, Oct 18, 2013
  11. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

    Administrator
    Member Since:
    Jul 13, 2008
    star 7
    Archive 03-2a




    The cloaked figure apparently turned its head to look in the direction of Vydraa Jezrai, though its face remained hidden. The gourd moved to the opening in its robes, inclined slightly, and was again lowered.

    Finally, a raspy voice came forth. "Yo," it rattled, sounding as though its mouth were caked with the dust of countless eons. "Y'know, I've been sitting here drinking this tea for well on ten thousand years, and ain't nobody ever thought to ask me that question. Sort of just let me sit, such as it were."

    Again, the gourd rose; again, it inclined; again, it lowered. "Near as I can reckon I ain't even sure I remember m'self. Let's go with '即身仏.' Good as any name."

    The figure tapped its gourd on the ground. "Oh, uh, in case yer fixin' to pronounce that in that there kooky space tongue o' yours, reckon 'Sokushinbutsu' is as close as y'all'll get. 'Soku''ll suffice if'n you get tongue tied, like."

    Again, the gourd rose; again, it inclined; again, it lowered. "Now what exactly brings you out here by your lonesome while the rest of y'all hole up in that there cave?"




    The cave itself remained mostly dark, faintly illuminated by a single phrase which glowed upon the wall.

    >מנא מנא תקל ופרסין

    The padawans still there would have to choose a course if they wished to advance. AJAX was content to remain silent.




    Sokushinbutsu kept on talking, apparently quite happy to have someone to talk to - or rather, someone to talk at - after all these years. "So I reckon y'all got the traditional shpeal from Steve, then? Whole lot a talkin', not a whole lot of answerin', like? Guy's an absolute master of sayin' everything while saying nothin'. Lot of syngamies to get the art of it down, I 'spect. 'Course ya gotta talk circuitously in his position, he's all about not committing. Load a hogwash."

    Again, the gourd rose; again, it inclined; again, it lowered.

    "Committing's the name of the game. Me, I teamed up with First-y, never looked back. It's great, too, scored me a talkin' voice and some snazzy duds. Beats my old orange and purple getup, I tell ya what."

    If Sokushinbutsu had a head, it turned to regard the hole in the cave wall once again. "Hey, your amigo over there tryin' to be all stealth-like, he comin' to chat, too? I've got some cups, we can all have some tea as a group, like."

    TAG: @Shereshoy Cabur @Rampani @kommando104 @Skywalker_T-65 @SWBob @Penguinator






    Archive 03-2b




    Aress stepped lightly into the passageway. Her path, for now, was her own, though it was no more or less certain than the alternative route. In fact, for a time it was somewhat pleasant - the rocks in this area were a reflective ebony, and the temperature, while somewhat cool, was rather quite nice.

    It was at about the time she was appreciating this that a single light flickered on in the distance. And even further down - another. And another. Just how far did this passageway extend?

    Aress nevertheless felt herself drawn down this hallway, and she walked onward.




    The cave itself remained mostly dark, faintly illuminated by a single phrase which glowed upon the wall.

    >מנא מנא תקל ופרסין

    The padawans still there would have to choose a course if they wished to advance. AJAX was content to remain silent.




    After continuing for a fair amount of time, the passage opened up into a large antechamber. The ceilings vaulted upward to perhaps some 15 meters in height, and immense stone statues seemed to encircle the center of the room, above which a sort of glow hung seemingly without explanation.

    Extending radially from this central position were ebony bridges, including one that connected to the passageway where Aress stood. Two more ran perpendicular to this direction, extending to two more passageways, and one last bridge extended to the opposite end of the antechamber from her position, towards a hallway flanked by two more stone statues.

    It was then that a very interesting event took place.

    The glow that hung above the center of the room cut out briefly. In the center stood a figure, blue, wraith-like. It seemed to bear the robes of a Jedi Master, or, given the planet they were allegedly still on, a Sith Lord. It was certainly human in appearance, that much was certain from the lower half of its face, which was plainly visible, though no features above its nose could be made out.

    The figure opened its mouth, and spoke but a sentence, its Basic tinged with raspy confidence:

    "Everything that has transpired has done so according to my design."

    The glow returned, and the figure was gone, as if it had never been there to begin with.

    TAG: @s65horsey @kommando104 @Skywalker_T-65 @SWBob @Penguinator
  12. Rampani Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Feb 25, 2003
    star 4
    IC: Cyril Glokta

    Cyril gathered the Force deep into his being and drowned himself in it. It felt blissful, safe, and familiar. As it should. It was the essence of how he made himself invisible, by diffusing his presence into the deep well of the Force. His body took on the nature of his surroundings, the sand, the heat, the light, as their presence in the Force mixed with his own. As he submerged, he distantly heard Vydraa speak to the being drinking from the gourd. What was said was of no concern, however. Getting into position was the only goal at the moment. Cyril slid out from behind Vydraa and began making his way slowly off to the side, circling the being.

    "Hey, your amigo over there tryin' to be all stealth-like, he comin' to chat, too? I've got some cups, we can all have some tea as a group, like."

    Cyril stopped in his tracks. No one, no one, had ever been able to catch him when he began hiding himself in the Force. Not his peers, not the Temple masters, not even his own Master Kyronus, who knew and understood Cyril's power better than anyone besides Cyril himself. So to be found was......startling at the least. He grabbed his lightsaber and held it at the ready, blade unlit. Cyril brought his Force presence back into himself, dispelling his invisibility, and came into sight far to the right of Vydraa. He turned to the being and spoke with a barely contained swirl of emotion.

    "What. Are. You?"

    TAG: @Ramza, @Shereshoy Cabur
  13. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

    Administrator
    Member Since:
    Jul 13, 2008
    star 7



    "Well, as I just got done tellin' your friend here, 'Soku''ll suffice. Real name's a long mess of sounds and I don't much think it matters, like."

    The being, this time, tilted the gourd above the ground, allowing a single drop of liquid to pour out onto the sand. It hit the ground with a hiss, and scorched the grains it touched black as night. "Right, that'll be two cups of tea then, but I'll need a refill."

    A second gourd emerged from Sokushinbutsu's robes, accompanied by two small, earthen cups. "Interesting trick with the vanishing and all that," it continued, pouring the first glass, then the next. "Reckon you can sneak by a lot of folks with that'un. Heck, y'all could probably sneak by most Fallen with that one. Not the First, though, never him, he's a right clever type, like."

    A rattly chuckle emerged from the robes. "And not ol' Soku, course. Ol' Soku can't be snuck by, not by anyone, anyhow, anyway. Tea's ready, like, if'n y'all wanna sit down and continue this discussion."

    The being's arms rose, and the robes fell away from the hands that held the cups, revealing gaunt, over-tight flesh, almost indistinguishable from the bones it hung on. "First glass'll kick your ass, but hey, what's a pound or four?"





    Final GM Notice: Well, that's a solid two weeks with no replies, I think it's time to put this old horse out to pasture. Thanks to those of you who stuck around as long as you did on this weird, weird voyage, and while I'm sad we didn't get to the end, I can say this much:

    Last edited by Ramza, Nov 3, 2013
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.