main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Theme Park - Disney Expansion in Anaheim & Orlando!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralNick22 , Aug 15, 2015.

1. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Since this is wicked cool and deserves it's own thread:

http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-themed-lands-coming-to-disney-parks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looks pretty epic! Maybe based on a world from Episode VII? I see a Mon Cal, Duros, and Bith in the concept art! Star Wars themes citizens will walk around the park and man the stores. :falcon:

Thoughts? Hopes? Dream attractions? JC Lit Forum meet up?

--Adm. Nick

2. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Well, sure does look exciting. Does this mean they're not replacing Tomorrowland? I hope not, I still like that place.

I think Florida probably still has room to expand, but no idea about Anaheim. But otherwise, very exciting to hear this news, though its probably still a long ways off.

3. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Party at my house! :D

4. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    You had me at Duros. [face_love]

5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    *plans trip to Orlando to hit this and Harry Potter World at the same time*

And I'm up for Corellian ales with anyone who is there when I am.

If I like you. :p

6. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    The whole park is supposed to have an in-universe feel -- not just sights but smell and taste too. Wonder how they pull that off.

IU, it's a gateway world to Wild Space. Yes, Iger said Wild Space.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

7. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    That's awesome. Upon looking at the first image, I wonder the following:
    1. Is this based on a world from TFA? My guess... it is. Otherwise they would build a world that apes Tatooine or something. Hell, Anaheim is a wretched hive of scum & villainy, so it would have worked. :p
    2. Is the large dark spot in the upper left hand corner a capital ship? Looks vaguely Mon Calamarian... [face_praying]
    But seriously, this will actually get me back to Disneyland. It's been over 14 years since I was last there, but this will do the trick!

--Adm. Nick

8. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    They said it's a new planet created just for Star Wars Land.

9. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    1. hey don't you diss the Anaheim system! I hail from there, you undercooked fish! :p

2. Well, there was a Mon Cal in one of the concept art pieces....

I wonder when we'll get the name of this world. I could call it my SW homeworld :p

...except then I'd be a dirty Rimmer WTF ew

ma_petite likes this.
  10. vstarvan

vstarvan Jedi Master star 2

Aug 11, 2013
    This makes me so happy to live 20-30 minutes away from Disneyland; looks like I'm gonna have to save up for an annual pass. I really hope they go all out on this. If I walk into a restaurant and don't see Ardees tea, Blue Milk, and Roasted Nuna on an Aurebesh menu, I will be slightly disappointed.

As for a planet name, I'm calling it Yendis Nald.:p

TheRedBlade and Zorrixor like this.
  11. Darth_Henning

Darth_Henning Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2007
    Not sure this is a Lit Topic, but I'm intrigued.

I do like that they created a new world for it rather than pick one of the existing ones (Though Naboo would have been gorgeous).

I'm not likely to visit any time soon, but I'm interested.

12. Darth_Henning

Jun 1, 2007

I do like that they created a new world for it rather than pick one of the existing ones (Though Naboo would have been gorgeous).

13. Darth_Henning

Jun 1, 2007

14. Captain RX

Captain RX Jedi Master star 2

Jul 30, 2014
    This is the greatest day of my life

15. Captain RX

Captain RX Jedi Master star 2

Jul 30, 2014

Dont worry its not opening anytime soon. A land like this takes a good 4 years to build and the current rumor is saying ground won't even be broken until 2017. A lot will change between now and opening day. I think the goal is to try and have it open by the time the Sequel Trilogy concludes.

16. JediDingo

JediDingo Jedi Master star 3

Mar 27, 2005
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    ... bro

18. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Hmmm...2017 groundbreaking...four years to build...

That's it.

Consider this a preliminary invite: anakinfan's 50th birthday celebration in Star Wars land!

Cake will be shaped like a Death Star because that's how Star Wars land does should do cake for well-preserved old fossils.

19. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Oh, I see, that is fairly unfortunate.

20. jeykey

jeykey Jedi Master

Jun 27, 2013
    i really hope there will be something similar in Disneyland Paris too

Zorrixor likes this.
  21. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    More news:

[​IMG]

"Star Wars Launch Bay – Opening later this year, this interactive experience will take guests at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Florida and Disneyland park in California into the upcoming film, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, as well as the first six films in the Star Wars saga."

[​IMG]

"Season of the Force – This new seasonal event, beginning early 2016, brings new experiences to both coasts. In Tomorrowland at Disneyland park, guests will explore the Star Wars galaxy with special entertainment, themed food locations and Hyperspace Mountain – a reimagining of the classic Space Mountain attraction in which guests will join an X-wing starfighter battle. Disney’s Hollywood Studios will feature a new fireworks spectacular set to the iconic score of the Star Wars movies on weekend nights."

And apparently Star Tours is getting the TFA treatment as well!

On a completely unrelated note, that horrible photoshop of the "Season of the Force" has hangarless Star Destroyers. Obviously a sloppy, quick thing for the concept art, but I don't doubt someone out there will argue it is the return of the Tector-class Star Destroyer. :vader:

--Adm. Nick

22. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    I think we should call it the Artistic License-class Star Destroyer.

23. Trisdin Gheer

Trisdin Gheer Jedi Master star 2

Jun 18, 2013
    That top pic is uncanny valley-tastic [face_laugh]

Vthuil and AdmiralNick22 like this.
  24. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Even though I know these attractions are going to be insanely busy for at least the first three months, the idea of going there during the first month does sound mighty tempting (whenever they announce dates). Did they say if the Hyperspace Mountain ride was going to be a temporary conversion or they're going to permanently change Space Mountain into a Star Wars ride? I kind of regret not going on the original Space Mountain now, or at least not in the last decade (fast rides usually aren't for me). Unless they just keep it like that until Star Wars Land is open (wonder if they'll time it to open with either Episode VIII or IX, though building it will take years).

I still miss the original Star Tours (weird third Death Star and all), the newer one isn't as fun for me, since its more prequel focused, though it isn't really a surprise.

25. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Personally, I never thought it was that weird, because I never tried to make Star Tours fit into a broader continuity in the first place. What a bizarro decision that was.

Riv_Shiel likes this.