Star Wars Themed Bedroom

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by GreenGreatWarrior, Jul 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Commander-DWH
  1. princesstenelka Jedi Padawan

you could do a Coruscant kind of idea...kind of like Padme's living room, with blue-ish walls and silver accents. Very cosmopolitan. Or you could do Empire Corusant(or, excuse me, Imperial Center), with lots of grays. Or, in the X-Wing series, Ysanne Isard had a room that had very few furnishings and blue carpet with red trim. Or was it red carpet with blue trim? I don't remember. Well, just some thoughts.
  2. across0the0stars Jedi Knight

star 2
    if you were going for permanent changes and as some have suggested, a mural is always cool! if yer talented you could paint one on the wall from a good picture. if yer not an artist ya might want someone else to do it, although my first time painting a mural went pretty well, even though i'm still not satisfied with it. here you can see my rendition of van gogh's work as well as some other famous works recreated at my old middle school ( they dun have my own work on there though, it kicks ass *pout*)
    i first sketched the basic shapes on the wall slowly from a picture, then began to paint. i do NOT have any clue whatsoever how much paint(acryclic) i used or how much it cost, i was using school paints and used how much of whatever i needed. i feel it's a good experience, even if you have someone help ya fix yer artistic errors.
    if you were going to put something like that on a bedroom wall the other walls would hafta be neutral in the paint department, a nice color that complements the mural, but doesn't stand out over the mural.
    put posters on the neutral walls, or what the heck, on the ceiling! lol. just make sure if the room is gonna be painted dark, don't leave the ceiling white or somethin. making personalized bedspreads or alterations to furniture is fun (heck, learning new things on the way to a goal is always fun IMO) and as others have said ya can spread collectables around and such, ceiling hangings and glow in the dark, but just keep in mind you hafta be able to do whatever you do in your room, dun get carried away
    =P=P=P
  3. jedilucass Jedi Master

star 2
    A good way to get big shapes up on a wall is to use an overhead projector, then, trace the projected image onto the wall. It works, and makes sure your image is correct.
  4. Doniven Jedi Knight

star 1
    I always dreamed of over hauling my house into a star wars space shuttle interior with living room as cockpit & stuff like that but not just because of fansy high priced gadgets i mean like walls painted & decorated
    metal paneling floor (possible hidden smugglers room or engine room/storage compartment A.K.A. basement)but thats just a fatnasy at this point
Moderators: Commander-DWH
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.